New player suggestions?

Would probably have to be a loan, but I'd like us to look at Brighton's Yasin Ayari, if a two year loan was possible. He was on loan to both Coventry City and Blackburn Rovers last season, either side of the winter window, and I think he could get better to being a good player.

I’d be delighted if we got Miovski, Watson from Kilmarnock looks to have potential to be a good player for us further down the line.
The young lad Miller at Motherwell is apparently very decent with room to improve.
Outwith that I’d probably be looking abroad.

It's hard to say because we don't know what sort of style Clement wants or what his preferred set up would be.

Billy Gilmour
Oli McBurnie
Paddy McNair
Lewis Ferguson (on loan)
Lawrence Shankland
Gordon Ramsey
Any guy that's had virtually no link to us over the last 5 years that keeps getting brought up every single window.

That about cover it?

Miovski for one should be a target. I like Cochrane for left back, he should be targeted as well.

Perhaps Barron too, but I’d prefer Clarkson in the midfield if we could possibly get him.

I was watching Atalanta last night, and see some of the players they have, jeez. It got me thinking about the lad de Ketelaere and how he is as a player. Always head up, always moving and very good on and off the ball and has an eye for goal. He’s came from Belgium and in a comparable league to ours but gets plucked from there to Italy. Not suggesting for a second we could ever get him, not now anyway, but players of his profile from places like Belgium and Holland. Why can’t we go to places like that and try get a similar standard of player?

We always seem to look at the wrong type of player and it always bites us on the arse.

For what its worth I believe we have Connor Barron lined up on a free transfer, the fact that there been no mention of anything from him and Aberdeen is similar to when we signed Ryan Jack. I'd be happy with him

I liked the look of him during the GvB days. Unfortunately for the lad I don't think he has kicked on as expected but that's mainly down to Aberdeen going through various managers. If McInnes was still there I'd imagine he would have played a lot more football. No surprise when given a run of games he tends to find his feet. Sassuolo were recently linked and another Italian side but can't remember who?

Had a few injuries too.

I probably should have listed some going and possibly likely to go :

OOC - McLaughlin, K Wright, Balogun, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe, Lovelace.

Players on loan and currently not in picture - Lammers, Hagi, Devine, Lowry.
( Included Lowry as Hertz returned him and gaffer said he wanted him out on loan)

Edit - Silva, Cortes and Sima will depart unless deals can be done for the latter two.

That's before we try to offload any currently in contract.
I wouldnt keep Balogun , too old and injury prone now.

The four on loan need sold , released.
Add on Matondo, Davies, Lawrence, Wright plus ?

We need offload at least 20 players over the next 2 years based on some hang their contracts out.

We really cannot carry on with this model of players.
Enough is enough .

Im bearng in mind the 9 players out of contract. The players we're likely to sell and potentially losing Butland/Mcrorie or both!

Gk. Vladan Kovacevic
Rb. Ben Johnson
Rcb. Nicolas Romero
Lcb. Mike Eerdhuijzen
Lb. Bartlomiej Wdowik
Cm. David Watson
Cm. Andrian Kraev
Am. Toni Fruk
Lw. Florinel Coman
Rw. Octavian Popescu
Cf. Orri Oskarsson

Wed need to punt half our squad. But I'd happily do it the now.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about all the outgoings first to then figure out where we need to recruit this summer. This is who I believe all could potentially go this summer

McLaughlin
Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic
Lundstram
Jack
Wright
Lawrence
Hagi
Lammers
Dowell
Cortes (Back to Lens)
Silva (Back to Wolves)
Roofe

So that already is a lot of wages out the door for a rebuild. The squad is far too big in my opinion. This summer we’ll need trim the squad and also probably need about 9 players for the XI and squad signed. In terms of targets this is who I’d be interested in

Right Back - Ben Johnson (West Ham)

Centre Back’s - Mark McKenzie (Genk) and Armando Obispo (PSV)

Left Back’s - Jefte (Fluminense)

Central Midfielders - Patrick Berg (Bodo/Glimt) and Connor Barron (Aberdeen)

Right Winger - Ola Solbakken (Loan) (Roma)

Attacking Midfielder - Callum O’Hare (Coventry)

Striker - Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)

Diomande also becomes a permanent Rangers player and try and loan Sima for another 12 months.

This is what our squad would look like

GK - Butland/McCrorie
RB - Sterling/Johnson/Devine
CB - McKenzie/Souttar/King
CB - Obispo/Balogun
LB - Ridvan/Jefte
CM - Berg/Barron
CM - Diomande/Raskin
CAM - Cantwell/O’Hare
RW - Solbakken/McCausland
ST - Danilo/Shankland/Dessers
LW - Sima/Matondo

Miovski for one should be a target. I like Cochrane for left back, he should be targeted as well.

Perhaps Barron too, but I’d prefer Clarkson in the midfield if we could possibly get him.

I was watching Atalanta last night, and see some of the players they have, jeez. It got me thinking about the lad de Ketelaere and how he is as a player. Always head up, always moving and very good on and off the ball and has an eye for goal. He’s came from Belgium and in a comparable league to ours but gets plucked from there to Italy. Not suggesting for a second we could ever get him, not now anyway, but players of his profile from places like Belgium and Holland. Why can’t we go to places like that and try get a similar standard of player?

We always seem to look at the wrong type of player and it always bites us on the arse.

Ac Milan paid about 40 million for him.

He’s out our price range before he even makes the first team unfortunately.

Bit radical for our club who just love to piss a fortune on players who aren't suited to our league why don't they get players that are suited to our league and will be on a fraction of the wages that fly out the door just now.

Watson Shankland Baron Miller Gogic Armstrong.
Then they can bring in the players that no ones heard off that will have FF pulling there wires because of where there from

We need a LB as back up to yilmaz a RB 2 CBS
we have 3 midfielders I’d play in Raskin Diomande and Sterling so we need 2-3 more
Wingers Cortes Matondo as a sub so need 2
Keep Dessers and Danilo as strikers
So we need 2 strikers

I've seen László Bénes mentioned a few times in recent weeks (only dubious sources pop up on a Google search now so I'm not clear on where the story originated from).

He played at Ibrox pre-season for Hamburg last year and looking at his stats, has a decent goalscoring return for a midfielder.

Billy Gilmour
Oli McBurnie
Paddy McNair
Lewis Ferguson (on loan)
Lawrence Shankland
Gordon Ramsey
Any guy that's had virtually no link to us over the last 5 years that keeps getting brought up every single window.

That about cover it?
Forgot Daniel Armstrong

We will be using the American markets and i would imagine a couple from Belgium and Holland due to them where our manager and DOF come from

Why American?

Edit - sorry assume you mean South American

Although Cortes, jefte, and the centre half from Sofia are all being signed after they’ve acclimatised to Europe.

Heart
Desire
Promise

Sell on ability

That is the very minimum requirements we need from every signing

“Being a Rangers man” or someone who “gets it” should be nowhere near a list or requirements as this thread will no doubt turn into people saying we should sign Oli McBurnie etc

Give me a play who is good enough over someone who supports the club every single time.
Was that not the Zambian midfield in the recent AFCON?

We absolutely should.

Why? Yeah he'll score goals domestically but if we are paying £7m for anyone it would need to be someone of genuine quality that takes you up another level. Miovski is a good player but he's not going to take us up another level and be far better players than Miovski out there that would be worth that kind of fee.

Koppen and Clement will be the busiest people at the club in the next few weeks as we need to revamp the squad and replace the OOC players hopefully with more resilient players who can stay fit and add quality to the team when played

Clement says he knows what needs done during summer to fix the injuries and I hope he does as we have really struggled to cope when losing key players

The current squad don’t cut it

There are so many players we need to move on and replace them

Time we parted company with Tav and Goldson if Saudi money is on the table

Scott Wright. Lawrence. Ridvan (too injury prone for me) Lammers. Cifuentes. and possibly Cantwell

It’s a huge task as well as losing all the OOC players too

Why? Yeah he'll score goals domestically but if we are paying £7m for anyone it would need to be someone of genuine quality that takes you up another level. Miovski is a good player but he's not going to take us up another level and be far better players than Miovski out there that would be worth that kind of fee.
Ok, who we getting that's better?

Miovski scores regularly in our league, against the bheasts and in Europe. He played well against England in Euro qualifiers.

We paid £6 million for Danillo and the dury is out on him

Why American?

Edit - sorry assume you mean South American

Although Cortes, jefte, and the centre half from Sofia are all being signed after they’ve acclimatised to Europe.
Yes South American and Central American look at his signings for Brugge hes already hinted he likes to work in the American markets

The top scorer in the danish league is eidur gudjohnsen laddie. Gent are trying to sign him .

Never seen him play but on paper that’s the type we should go for

Not sure if people are trolling or genuinely believe these shouts.

Either way, depressing.
McCrorie in goals, McMann, Watson, Gogic, Armstrong, Barron, Erhahon - only a few spaces left to fill for next season - what about Devlin at Aberdeen for RB, and Nouble at Livi up front...?

I can't wait to see them all running out in our new orange polka dot kit vs Man Utd - please take my season ticket money* off me right now!

*edit - remove the word "money"

They will fit right into the player trading model…
Player trading model?? Sign a player keep em for far too long and have them leave for free!! That player trading model?? Not all players we are going to sign will be young upcoming players that we can hopefully flip for profit.

McCrorie in goals, McMann, Watson, Gogic, Armstrong, Barron, Erhahon - only a few spaces left to fill for next season - what about Devlin at Aberdeen for RB, and Nouble at Livi up front...?

I can't wait to see them all running out in our new orange polka dot kit vs Man Utd - please take my season ticket money* off me right now!

*edit - remove the word "money"
We need a squad that's exactly the kind of snobbery that let italys best midfielder this season slip through our fingers.
Baron Watson Gogic and Armstrong are stand outs for their clubs in the league we play.

Cordoba
Barron
Shankland
Jefte
Armstrong
Cairney
Emirhan Topçu (23 yo left-footed Turkish CB)
Cortes
Sima
Franculino (Midtjylland forward)
Alexander Lind (Silkeborg Striker)

Ok, who we getting that's better?

Miovski scores regularly in our league, against the bheasts and in Europe. He played well against England in Euro qualifiers.

We paid £6 million for Danillo and the dury is out on him

I have no idea that's down to Koppen to identify players or even find another Miovski for the same price the sheep signed him for which was around £250k. He's a good player but he's not worth £7m.

As mentioned, are there any players you think we should target for next season given what seems an inevitable exodus to at least some degree?
Looking for some glimpse of positivity after the last month.

I appreciate threads like this aren't everyone's cup of tea and if that's the case, feel free to avoid but please be polite. We're all still bears after all.
I think we should raid Aberdeen for Miovski and Barron, I think those two, if we can afford, should be bought for around £6/7m

I’d also like to get a few youngster loans, some with option to buy, Lewis Fiorini or Elliot Anderson down south would be okay. Sonny Perkins and Brodie Spencer are others.

Last edited:
I have no idea that's down to Koppen to identify players or even find another Miovski for the same price the sheep signed him for which was around £250k. He's a good player but he's not worth £7m.
I would say £7 million is the going rate for all the reasons I stated previously.
Why would we gamble again on another striker who may or may not hit the ground running when we have one right under our noses.

Well from the horses mouth we need young potential and experienced players. So expect a mix and some ready made leadership to add to the athletic younger profile we have been getting linked with.

Braithewaite is available from Espanol ona free. Turns 33 in summer and has scored a load of goals this season. Danish international. Wouldn't be adverse to a player like that to guide youngers signings.

I hope we find a midfield leader too with more mobility and quality than Lundstram/Jack. We need to sign a captain this summer in the sense of a player who has an aura about them and commands instant respect.

Last edited:
We need a solid center back, a box to box midfielder who can control games and a better striker. That would be the primary focus for me. Build the spine of the team and around them and Butland and we should go Scottish/British with these where possible For me, we must get Shankland. If we had Shankland this season, we won the league.

I would put most of our budget on this and then focus on other areas depending on who leaves. Time for Goldson and Tav to go I think.

I would say £7 million is the going rate for all the reasons I stated previously.
Why would we gamble again on another striker who may or may not hit the ground running when we have one right under our noses.

Miovski may also not hit the ground running either another step up in level for him expectations would rise even more so if we were to pay £7m for him, new way of playing etc etc. If he was to get off to a slow start he would be getting caned like Dessers has like Danilo has who has played 6 full games in minutes for us prior to injury.

Every transfer is a gamble regardless of whether they're under you're nose or from elsewhere anyway.

Miovski may also not hit the ground running either another step up in level for him expectations would rise even more so if we were to pay £7m for him, new way of playing etc etc. If he was to get off to a slow start he would be getting caned like Dessers has like Danilo has who has played 6 full games in minutes for us prior to injury.

Every transfer is a gamble regardless of whether they're under you're nose or from elsewhere anyway.

You at least know he’s quick and strong enough to get away from ours and Tim’s defences as he’s done it multiple times.

It’s less of a gamble than taking someone from another league

The suggestion of us spending anything close to £7m on anyone seems mental in my opinion. After the last two summers, we need to prove we are getting value out of our spending in the £2-4m range before we sanction anything higher. I'm not saying we should never spend above £2m, but there's plenty evidence that you can find players capable of excelling in Scotland without spending lots of money.

Not sure on names but there is a pool of players there who if complimented with better quality could shine

Think we can get our money back on Dessers and Lammers, and also fetch funds by selling Davies and Hagi, who would hopefully bring in a few million as well as free up wages. This would provide some money for clement

Back