New player suggestions?

From the Croatian market - Marco Bulat, Martin Baturina and Lukas Kacavenda would be three I’m looking at. See if Bayern would loan us Gabriel Vidovic (assuming Dinamo don’t take up their option). I’d have said Zvonarek as well but he’s started to get first team minutes but worth asking the question.

From Denmark - I like Elias Jelert and Orri Oskarsson but they are probably approaching being our price range. Copenhagen had Isak Bergmann Johannesson out on loan this season as well. Could be worth asking the question for. No one really seems to leave Bodo/Glimt and kick on but Albert Gronbaek is one who probably will but he would probably blow our budget though we’d likely make a quick and healthy profit.

This won’t be a popular view and I’m expecting to get shot down pretty quick but if it were me I’d try my best to keep Butland,Sterling even big Dessers, Cortes, Ridvan, Raskin and instead of trying to rebuild a whole team use what cash we have and improve positions like the defence and central midfield and build from there.

If we have to I’d sell one or two for some funds, the wages we will free up from the out of contract should give us some room to spend a bit.

We can’t rebuild every season, we have to start getting quality in the team and that will cost money we don’t have. Do it a bit at a time and do it right this time.

Coaching has to improve as well, the players I’ve named are young or at least early on in their careers so why can’t they be coached to improve. There’s not many players come to us and get better.
I'm convinced our rebuild will leave Tav and Goldson as foundations as there's little transfer value there.

Might be a long shot, but could we get big Sangare on loan from Forest? He is struggling for game time there, which is a surprise. He looked top drawer against us for PSV.

And if we can get Sima then we must sign him. He ticks every box for us, and is not a gamble given we know he can do the business. Very quick, good attitude, works hard defensively, scores goals, good in the air, young with good resale potential, and can play across all front positions. He was on course to score 25 goals this season, from out wide too. If we could get him for £5-7m, and even with a 25% sell on clause, then it would be worth it.
Criminal he's not playing at Forest, ran the show against us and if you don't ask you don't get.

I'm not sure having Tavernier (or Goldson) around as 2nd choice would be good for the environment.

Just get them both out while there is a chance to get money for them.
Must admit I have come to the conclusion if we could get money for them to take it. Tav has slowed down and Goldson is now getting more injury prone. We need younger fitter players.

Must admit I have come to the conclusion if we could get money for them to take it. Tav has slowed down and Goldson is now getting more injury prone. We need younger fitter players.

Both players have ran their races with us and time has come to a natural conclusion for both IMO.

I hope Gerrard comes in for both players, since its him we’ll do a special deal for both. Two for £10m :D

- Lammers for Miovski and hopefully break close to even

- Barron for Jack

- Cortes (loan again)

- Sima (try a loan again based on injuries)

- Armstrong for Wright

- Watson / Miller for Lundstram

That’s 6 in on what should be relatively low net spend

Guys that know the league and pretty much risk free

Then we go looking further a field

Last edited:
Mbappe would do a job up here i reckon.
Brilliant

4a7ff6470446304e4dbde589908b582f.gif

Might be a long shot, but could we get big Sangare on loan from Forest? He is struggling for game time there, which is a surprise. He looked top drawer against us for PSV.

And if we can get Sima then we must sign him. He ticks every box for us, and is not a gamble given we know he can do the business. Very quick, good attitude, works hard defensively, scores goals, good in the air, young with good resale potential, and can play across all front positions. He was on course to score 25 goals this season, from out wide too. If we could get him for £5-7m, and even with a 25% sell on clause, then it would be worth it.
What a shout that is with Sangare. Links there with Koppen too. If only we could get a player of his quality, even on loan as you say.

Reactions: cav
What a shout that is with Sangare. Links there with Koppen too. If only we could get a player of his quality, even on loan as you say.

Zero chance of taking a £40m player on loan from a club with financial problems. They could sell him for a good wedge or loan him to a top 5 league team to keep his value high. This isn't Silva mind, Sangare was class with PSV

Speaking of Mbappe; with him going to Madrid, is there a chance we could get Arda Guler on loan? He only made 8 appearances for them, and with Mbappe on the way surely he doesn't a look in. % of wages would be the issue though.
There is no chance that kid is coming to play in Scotland.

It would be of no benefit to the player or his club.

If he is loaned, it'll be to a top club in a top league.

Ancelotti grandkids were wearing arda guler jerseys this weekend, he has 3 in 3 in La Liga and they think we might be the long term Modric replacement.

Not a chance he comes here lol

The English Championship hasn’t been good for us hopefully we are looking abroad for better value,what a depressing end to the Season and still a Cup Final to play its deflating.

We did enquire about Michael Cooper who’s a highly rated GK playing for Plymouth pre Jack Butland so if we lose Jack then I’m guessing he’ll be on the list.

Heart
Desire
Promise
Sell on ability

That is the very minimum requirements we need from every signing

“Being a Rangers man” or someone who “gets it” should be nowhere near a list or requirements as this thread will no doubt turn into people saying we should sign Oli McBurnie etc

Give me a play who is good enough over someone who supports the club every single time.
We can’t even get the good ones who are Gers fans let alone ones that are good enough.

I’d be testing the water with the winger who signed with az alkmaar ibrahim Sadiq, not played a lot since signing but looked a cracking player against Aberdeen
Problems are:

He signed for €4m last summer
He played 30 games for them this season
He has 4 years left on his contract

Reactions: cav
Benie Traore from Sheff Utd, watched him play for Hacken against the sheep, think he's on loan at Nantes, they have an option to buy but no idea if they're taking it, looked a cracking player quick and an eye for goal.

Benie Traore from Sheff Utd, watched him play for Hacken against the sheep, think he's on loan at Nantes, they have an option to buy but no idea if they're taking it, looked a cracking player quick and an eye for goal.
We were loosely linked to him in either January or last summer under Beale, I think?

He's a big 1-touch finisher, if he was Croatian, I would be starting a GoFundMe
Tbf he's exactly what I described in an earlier post in that he's a promising young striker who's still a bit raw around the edges.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's got enough to work with, but hopefully Koppen can earn his wages in that department

I probably should have listed some going and possibly likely to go :

OOC - McLaughlin, K Wright, Balogun, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe, Lovelace.

Players on loan and currently not in picture - Lammers, Hagi, Devine, Lowry.
( Included Lowry as Hertz returned him and gaffer said he wanted him out on loan)

Edit - Silva, Cortes and Sima will depart unless deals can be done for the latter two.

That's before we try to offload any currently in contract.
Let all of the OOC go and save on wages, sell Lammers and Hagi for a few bob, and we might get a few bob for Tav , Wright
, Matondo and Goldson, Silva back to Forest and see if we can get Cortes and Sima on further loan periods.

The right centre back for Club Brugge Joel Ordonez. looks good to me . Relatively low fee , 20 years old and built for our game up here .

We badly need to address the right wing position. I get that Tav's ridiculous numbers from that side probably affect the wingers output but how many goals have we got from the right wing position this season?

McAusland and Wright have 2 each, Sterling has 1.
Then you're looking at Sima, Matondo, Cortes and even Cantwell, Lawrence and Lammers who have all possibly played and chipped in from there, but not consistently or to great effect, and their inputs have mainly come from the left or the middle.

Also, the fact I've just named 9 players who have potentially played in that position this season is a bit alarming in itself, for various reasons

- Lammers for Miovski and hopefully break close to even

- Barron for Jack

- Cortes (loan again)

- Sima (try a loan again based on injuries)

- Armstrong for Wright

- Watson / Miller for Lundstram

That’s 6 in on what should be relatively low net spend

Guys that’s know the league and pretty much risk free

Then we go looking further a field
Would love for this to happen.

Few I quite like the look of but notice they all seem to be wingers or creative players with goals and assists which I think we lack up top

Sebastien Nanasi - Age 21 - LM - Malmo (14 games 7 goals 5 assists in new season, previous season 34 games,13 goals, 8 assists)

Marco Grüll - Age 25 - LW/ CF/RW - Rapid Vienna (38 games 21 goals 12 assists, previous season 42 games 9 goals, 10 assists)

Georges Mikautadze (loan) Age 23 CF - Ajax (currently on loan at Metz) - (28 games, 13 goals 5 assists, previous season 42 games 23 goals, 8 assits but in Ligue 2)

Marin Ljubicic - Age 22 - CF/RW - LASK (15 goals 2 assists this season, 16 goals 2 assists)

Few I quite like the look of but notice they all seem to be wingers or creative players with goals and assists which I think we lack up top

Sebastien Nanasi - Age 21 - LM - Malmo (14 games 7 goals 5 assists in new season, previous season 34 games,13 goals, 8 assists)

Marco Grüll - Age 25 - LW/ CF/RW - Rapid Vienna (38 games 21 goals 12 assists, previous season 42 games 9 goals, 10 assists)

Georges Mikautadze (loan) Age 23 CF - Ajax (currently on loan at Metz) - (28 games, 13 goals 5 assists, previous season 42 games 23 goals, 8 assits but in Ligue 2)

Marin Ljubicic - Age 22 - CF/RW - LASK (15 goals 2 assists this season, 16 goals 2 assists)
Grull already agreed a move to Breman sadly but he's a top player

Not individuals but specifics.

A centre half's that's 6'7 and can do no nonsense defending and score from corners :D

A midfielder who is an animal, froths from the mouth type, gets tore in but good going forward with a great engine:D

A tricky winger that has loads of skill and can deliver great crosses or passes to our new striker

A striker who is a great finisher and a proven goalscorer

On top of this

Basic requirements

European (can't be arsed losing these guys mid season at new year games for African nations or copa America etc)

No injury history (we will do our best to injure them though)

Comfortable on the ball, composed and can pass. Pacey and athletic.

No doubt those descriptions cost £20m each so back to the drawing board :)).

Those are the types I would like to see at Ibrox.

We need a solid center back, a box to box midfielder who can control games and a better striker. That would be the primary focus for me. Build the spine of the team and around them and Butland and we should go Scottish/British with these where possible For me, we must get Shankland. If we had Shankland this season, we won the league.

I would put most of our budget on this and then focus on other areas depending on who leaves. Time for Goldson and Tav to go I think.
Totally agree with the type of players you're looking for.

Signing a smaller ball playing center half would be madness. We've got plenty we need a Balogun, Helander, Katic center half. Limited on the ball but physically imposing and a good threat from corners.

Box to box midfielder a definite. I am hoping Diomande and Raskin with a good preseason can return next year with great engines.

Back