New player suggestions?

Seen Sangare come on for about a minute at weekend and couldn't believe it. He was outstanding against us. Wondered if we could get a loan but doubt they'd loan him

Benie Traore from Sheff Utd, watched him play for Hacken against the sheep, think he's on loan at Nantes, they have an option to buy but no idea if they're taking it, looked a cracking player quick and an eye for goal.
Think he left Hacken before Aberdeen game. You thinking of Sadiq? He went to Alkmaar and looked a real handful against Aberdeen.

- Lammers for Miovski and hopefully break close to even

- Barron for Jack

- Cortes (loan again)

- Sima (try a loan again based on injuries)

- Armstrong for Wright

- Watson / Miller for Lundstram

That’s 6 in on what should be relatively low net spend

Guys that know the league and pretty much risk free

Then we go looking further a field

When you say a low net spend £6m for Miovski wasn't enough for the sheep in January so how much do you think we're getting for Lammers?

Lundstram off on a free and we'll get hee haw for Wright. You're talking about £12-15m spend in Scotland and it barely makes us any stronger.

Ibrahima Koné, Almería and the Mali national team, is another attacking option worth a thorough consideration. Potentially low cost too. 24 years old.

Seen Sangare come on for about a minute at weekend and couldn't believe it. He was outstanding against us. Wondered if we could get a loan but doubt they'd loan him
He’s probably more likely to get game time and be firmly held onto in the Championship tbh.

Two of their players stood out for me against us, Sangare and Saibari. Sangare has only managed 16 games this season for Forest. Definitely worth inquiring about.

I think he cost Forest £35m so I doubt they'd be looking to loan him out although you never know and would be worth enquiring about

When you say a low net spend £6m for Miovski wasn't enough for the sheep in January so how much do you think we're getting for Lammers?

Lundstram off on a free and we'll get hee haw for Wright. You're talking about £12-15m spend in Scotland and it barely makes us any stronger.
Lammers £4 million and pay £5-6million for Miovski

£2-3m on Armstrong (going into last year of contract) & Watson / Miller. No way Killie or Motherwell are knocking back half decent bids and no way the players aren’t knocking on the clubs door forcing a move

Barron is free & the other 2 are loans again

Understand this is complete guesswork and my ideas of fees could be undervalued a bit but have no idea where you’re getting £12-15m?

Last edited:
Sangare is a complete non starter. If he’s out the picture at Forest they’ll be looking to recoup as much as possible for the fee they paid or send him on loan with an hefty fee.

He’ll have no shortage of suitors from around Europe’s top leagues either.

Guys saying on twitter that we have a buy back for Mayo that's how he went there cheap.

I know it's crackpots who polite twitter but I hope that's true.

Guys saying on twitter that we have a buy back for Mayo that's how he went there cheap.

I know it's crackpots who polite twitter but I hope that's true.
If that’s the case then we should activate the buy back and loan him back to Killie

If he plays like he did this season then he is either a realistic option for 25/26 or a sellable asset for that transfer window

I wouldnt activate it just to have sitting on our bench as fourth or fifth choice for a season. He has developed because he has been playing

Leighton Clarkson
Dylan Levitt
Lennon Miller
David Watson (loan back to Killie for season)
Ben Johnson
Paddy McNair
Tom Cairney
Owen Beck

Some names I’d be happy with as a starting point, providing we get shot of a good portion of the current crop.

Last edited:
I'd start with:
Armstrong (Killie), Shankland (Hearts), Miller (Mwell), Barron (Sheep). We will hopefully stop turning our noses up at our own backyard.
I probably wouldn’t have Shankland given his age unless it’s a low ball.
This is exactly the players we need to build a core again. Lose Tav and Goldson we need to build a British core for leadership having also lost Davis and Arfield.
It will always be in my mind that Lewis Ferguson should have been the one being built around.
Do Butland and Cantwell step into the senior leadership void?

If Gogics performance v us was his normal and not a one off it would be a no brainer.
One of the biggest complaints about this Rangers team on Saturday was there was a lack of hunger, heart and desire.

Gogic has that in abundance. He is a proven SPFL defender, and would improve surrounded by our so-called better players. His application and desire might actually inspire those around him.

It is not the worst suggestion for a team sadly lacking fighting qualities.
Liked the look of the guy and his attitude was top class but we have to take into account if the guy can play in a team that isn't playing a low block.

I probably wouldn’t have Shankland given his age unless it’s a low ball.
This is exactly the players we need to build a core again. Lose Tav and Goldson we need to build a British core for leadership having also lost Davis and Arfield.
It will always be in my mind that Lewis Ferguson should have been the one being built around.
Do Butland and Cantwell step into the senior leadership void?
I hate to say this but I think we could lose both in the summer. On the plus side they should fetch us decent money but we'd need to replace both so there might not be much profit in there. If I had to pick I'd rather keep Butland.
Regardless we're going to be short of leaders.

Leighton Clarkson
Dylan Levitt
Lennon Miller
Ben Watson (loan back to Killie for season)
Ben Johnson
Paddy McNair
Tom Cairney
Owen Beck

Some names I’d be happy with as a starting point, providing we get shot of a good portion of the current crop.
Why would we buy Watson to loan him back when we're going to need a squad?

Liked the look of the guy and his attitude was top class but we have to take into account if the guy can play in a team that isn't playing a low block.
Pretty sure he'd be capable of passing a ball back to Butland or out wide to our full-backs - and, whisper it, maybe he could step-forward with it, or play a pass through the middle :oops:

And the desire and heart he showed against us was epitomised in a moment when we broke free from the half-way line. The low block had gone.

It's unlikely we sign Gogic, but just maybe we don't need ball playing centre-backs in the SPFL, maybe we just need centre-backs with balls!

Leighton Clarkson
Dylan Levitt
Lennon Miller
Ben Watson (loan back to Killie for season)
Ben Johnson
Paddy McNair
Tom Cairney
Owen Beck

Do Killie even have a player called Ben Watson to buy?

Well just because I suggested a good few others and it seems to me he’s not entirely as established as those others on the list.

No need to be so hostile. It’s a model other clubs in a similar context utilise and seems a good option.

If we were to do it then it's so he can continue his development as a player he's at an age he needs to play football every week. He's a good player but he's not coming to us as an immediate starter nor is someone like Lennon Miller.

If we were to do it then it's so he can continue his development as a player he's at an age he needs to play football every week. He's a good player but he's not coming to us as an immediate starter nor is someone like Lennon Miller.
We can't afford the fee they would want, to not have the player in the first team squad.

We can't afford the fee they would want, to not have the player in the first team squad.

Is it not about £1.5m for Watson that's been mentioned? We could probably afford it but he's at an age where he needs to play every week to continue in his development. I get the point of needing a squad and he will train every day with better players but 30 minutes here or there or the odd start now and again does nothing for him.

If you're referring to Miller I wouldn't be going anywhere near him if the £3m that's being stated on here is true. 17 years old 1st year of mens football behind him in an environment that's easier to bring talent through compared to us. Moves to us that immediately changes but at 17 years old again same comments apply as Watson and again in my opinion that doesn't happen. We have a player who was higher rated than Miller in Bailey Rice he can't get a sniff with us.

Well just because I suggested a good few others and it seems to me he’s not entirely as established as those others on the list.

No need to be so hostile. It’s a model other clubs in a similar context utilise and seems a good option.
Mate Watson would be top of my list if I was buying players in the spfl a total stand out.

Benie Traore from Sheff Utd, watched him play for Hacken against the sheep, think he's on loan at Nantes, they have an option to buy but no idea if they're taking it, looked a cracking player quick and an eye for goal.
Were we interested in him before?
Still like Gustuv Hamer but probably cost too much
few good Scottish players mentioned on here
Mentioned Ross Barclay last season and has been doing great at Luton
Is his contract up in summer ,?
Excuse my spelling

Last edited:
Leighton Clarkson
Dylan Levitt
Lennon Miller
David Watson (loan back to Killie for season)
Ben Johnson
Paddy McNair
Tom Cairney
Owen Beck

That is grim. Codeine definitely required for next season, if this is the case.

Mate Watson would be top of my list if I was buying players in the spfl a total stand out.
Fair enough.

My preference would be Clarkson & Levitt. As another post alluded to, I like Miller & Watson, but don’t see them getting near our first 11 based on how we don’t seem to integrate even our own talented young players into the fold.

For what it’s worth, I’d prefer we did…especially having seen the likes of Bailey Rice play on a few occasions.

The 19 year old Danish twins Emil and Oscar Hojlund would be decent for future. Probably get them both for a million, depends though what Copenhagen’s plans are for them.

Ethan Erhahon.

Been outstanding in League One, saw glimpses of what he had at St. Mirren - strong, physical, good on the ball, bit of aggression, solid in the tackle, comfortable in possession, fit, left footed CM. Scottish.

He'll leave Lincoln in the summer and rumours of £750k fee.

I'm all for a Scottish player if they are good enough. This lad is better than Lennon Miller and Dave Watson (I like both, obviously Erhahon is older) and I'm no longer laughing at that mob across the city as they mob up trophies and beat us with players like Taylor, Scales, £1.5m signings from MK Dons, Forrest.

You lose Jack and Lundstram.

Watson would be a good signing for future seasons. If we signed him think he would need a good loan somewhere he would play regularly like back to Kilmarnock.

However given the amount of players we need in might not be possible financially to do such a deal.

For me him and Kennon Miller are two I would like to see in a Rangers shirt. Along with Barron.

Watson would be a good signing for future seasons. If we signed him think he would need a good loan somewhere he would play regularly like back to Kilmarnock.

However given the amount of players we need in might not be possible financially to do such a deal.

For me him and Kennon Miller are two I would like to see in a Rangers shirt. Along with Barron.
We need a squad so there won't be any players getting bought to get loaned back

Michael Cooper the Plymouth keeper would be a great signing if Butland left. 24 years old. He was Plymouth’s player of the season and in the team of the year when they went up from league one. He broke his leg and only played half a season this time but came back in and was one of the best keepers in the league. Kicking isn’t the best but great shot stopper and a year left on his contract so wouldn’t imagine he’d be too expensive.

The footy manager inside me says we should be targeting Matias Arezo. Only just spied Granada got relegated. Should chance a loan or loan to buy before they cart him back off to south America again. Scores for fun over there but struggled in that poor Granada team.

Connor Barron from Aberdeen is a no brainier. If we don’t go for this guy (on a free contract) then I do worry.

Back