New Podcast Now Available - Gerrard: Evolution of a Revolution (Part 7)

That rounded off the season very well. The cup games? I think the opposition gave it all and just shaded the 2 matches, it can happen. There were occasional league games that were tight but we generally won them or drew, just a matter of chance?
The league campaign, I was delighted that we won every home match, cannot think of us doing that in my lifetime. The league campaign took me by complete surprise, it was a bit like a routine Walter Smith title win during the 90's. A tremendous effort by all at Rangers.
Although the midfield performed brilliantly last season I do think another option in midfield is needed, see how the new acquisitions perform.

That rounded off the season very well. The cup games? I think the opposition gave it all and just shaded the 2 matches, it can happen. There were occasional league games that were tight but we generally won them or drew, just a matter of chance?
The league campaign, I was delighted that we won every home match, cannot think of us doing that in my lifetime. The league campaign took me by complete surprise, it was a bit like a routine Walter Smith title win during the 90's. A tremendous effort by all at Rangers.
Although the midfield performed brilliantly last season I do think another option in midfield is needed, see how the new acquisitions perform.

Possibly even two midfield additions? It's the key area for me this summer.

I think Episode 1 is a must-listen to appreciate the extent of SG’s job.

Judging by a number of comments on here during last season, I’m not sure some understood how big a task it was - and how quickly it was being addressed. Our European performances from the outset have been incredible.
Terrific series. Let’s hear more of Stevie!

Join @ID10 and I as we finish up our look at the gaffer's journey to 55!

Audio - https://media.acast.com/heartandhands/gerrard-evolutionofarevolution-part7/media.mp3

Excellent series, really enjoyed it.

I don't know if you're taking questions from FF or not but Stevie mentioned that when Gerrard goes the management team goes too. Do the club have a succession plan in place for that? Do we have any idea of timeframe, what will trigger it short of Klopp leaving Liverpool?

As well as management team I think some players would likely move on too, probably not with Gerrard but certainly onto bigger leagues than SPFL. Goldson, Kent, Roofe, Aribo strike me as players that perhaps wouldn't have come to Scotland if it weren't for Gerrard.

Profile of manager would be interesting too, McInnes was a candidate prior to Gerrard but I hope Gerrard and his team will have shown the importance of European success and being well coached and we don't revert back to the Scottish mentality of trying to just outwork our opponents.

Managerial teams and backroom staff is key to success, and we'll need to have a succession plan in place to allow us the best chance of continued success.

@David Edgar @ID10

It's been a great series. Stevie's* excellent at making points that resonate with me with regards to how things have progressed (and will again further) with Gerrard which is worth considering when there have been bumps in the road (Hearts the year before last / the cups this season etc)

It's part of a continuing trend of us heading upwards. It won't all be perfect along the way but temperance of criticism on various points is required at times and has been since Gerrard took on the role.

*He's grown up in the last 15 years since being a wee upstart who lived down the stairs! :D

Last edited:
Well, that was a cracking series of episodes!

When the Gaffer was appointed there was certainly that feeling of "ooh that's high risk!" but at the same time "this is unbelievably exciting!"

Certainly get the feeling that this is a relative beginning in the Gerrard story that has a good bit more to evolve. Perhaps the only risk now is sustained and greater success with Rangers hastening his departure - but we'd all take that I think (just need to enjoy it all while it lasts).

Looking forward to H&H throughout this coming season.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments

As I have always said, it’s a huge thrill to guest on H&H and to do this with David is like talking to your best mate about your team.

The feedback has been superb so please get your questions in for the last episodes

Thanks again folks
When you were talking about Michael Beale I thought you called him McBeale. Lol.

Back