New Regent Bar, pollokshaws rd

JamesyMRR

Official Ticketer
Looking for somewhere to watch the game on Sunday. Take it this is still a gers pub? Anyone know if its likely to be all ticket??

It a rangers pub. Only been tickets once, first league game back after we came up so i doubt it will be tickets for the game

Been in Shawlands for a number of years and haven't even been in it, was unaware that it's a gers boozer

Been in Shawlands for a number of years and haven't even been in it, was unaware that it's a gers boozer

It's a good pub, got a picture of McCoist scoring against Hibs in the LC Final up on the wall, IIRC. I was in watching the Villareal away match, good crowd.

What bar would the Nithsdale have used in the early eighties ? I remember leaving there for a tournament in Lille but cannot for the life of me remember was pub it was.

Older Bears will know better than me, but I'm petty sure they've left from that pub for a long time mate.

What bar would the Nithsdale have used in the early eighties ? I remember leaving there for a tournament in Lille but cannot for the life of me remember was pub it was.
Might have been the Star Bar, sure I went there to pay deposit for Euro trip.

Was in here for the helicopter Sunday, and many more over the years, doing the huddle on pollokshaws road 1 time after winning the league.

Older Bears will know better than me, but I'm petty sure they've left from that pub for a long time mate.

Wasn't a member but travelled on their bus early 80s to a few games. One time went up to Aberdeen and stood the whole way because the bus so was so busy

I live in Clarkston. Finding somewhere to watch the game is a real pain unless travelling to Partick, louden or bridgeton. Regent seems like the best shout nearby

I always went to Euro games on the Nithsdale during the 80's and it was always from Devon Street Halls we left.
Including Lille tournament Bordersbear although maybe it stopped elsewhere to pick up, can't remember as always blitzed in they good auld days!

Fantastic wee pub. Been in loads of times over the years.

Only thing wrong with it is how close it is to that stinking rhepublican rhat hole Herraghty’s.

I always went to Euro games on the Nithsdale during the 80's and it was always from Devon Street Halls we left.
Including Lille tournament Bordersbear although maybe it stopped elsewhere to pick up, can't remember as always blitzed in they good auld days!
I was a member of the Nithsdale in the 80s ..., used to sit up the back with that maniac spider and his brother boaby and wee miff

Good times

I live in Clarkston. Finding somewhere to watch the game is a real pain unless travelling to Partick, louden or bridgeton. Regent seems like the best shout nearby

Not a Rangers pub as such, but the Redhurst will be 100% Rangers on Sunday.

Busby Masonic will also have the game on in the big hall on the big screen and it will be rammed with bears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing my age here, but I used to go the Sunday night disco’ there in the early seventies. Ah the memories !!

Pretty sure my old man and his mates did too.

I'm just trying to picture the scene.

Back