New Spurs Manager?

ForGodForCountryForever

I had thought Ten Hag seemed a good fit and the timing for him would be good if he ever fancied an EPL job but hes signed a new deal and is out of it.

Nuno Espirito Santo is distant with most bookies although Ive seen him short as 6/1 (which is 2nd fav really). He just seems to entrenched at Wolves with all the various Portuguese connections that took him there. He has a good job with a lot of control and little pressure.

BR is not likely to give up the Leicester job as its got everything going for it at, least in the short term.

Who does that leave?

If the that the6 could shift s/t’soff the back o& it, they’d probably plump for Scott Parker.

Rodgers is a fud, but he’d be ideal for Spurs.

wouldn't surprise me if Stevie g attracts some interest in some big jobs down south in the next year

Isn’t much out there for Spurs just now to be honest.

Rodgers probably makes most sense for them.
Don’t think either Potter or Parker would be up to the job, at least not yet.

I know it means nothing, but Brenda has already distanced himself from the job, saying he’s not finished the job with Leicester.

I think Potter would be a choice that would suit Levy price wise and he'd probably be quite happy to move

Brighton not in the best form it has to be said but I'd like to see what he could do with a better team assuming he could keep Kane/Son

Whoever gets the job, Tottenham's fickle fan base will still be moaning about their style of football and hound the poor sod out within 2-years.

The Sun could bring back Le Chopometer.

In answer to the OPs question, I genuinely think our management team would do great there but I can see them moving heaven and earth for Rodgers and, tbh, he'd be the outstanding candidate I think.
Doing great at Leicester with no real pressure as such. At Spurs a lot more expectation and pressure. Depends on what drives him but if I were him Id stay where I was

Doing great at Leicester with no real pressure as such. At Spurs a lot more expectation and pressure. Depends on what drives him but if I were him Id stay where I was

I listened to him on the Robbie Fowler podcast the other day and he is very driven and clear that he is always looking for that next challenge. Pretty unapologetic about the way he left Celtic. Felt he had taken them as far as he could and that was that.

His remit at Leicester is just to upset the 'Big 6' which he has now achieved in his two seasons there. He may win them an FA Cup too.

He will move as soon as a job that excites him comes up.

I listened to him on the Robbie Fowler podcast the other day and he is very driven and clear that he is always looking for that next challenge. Pretty unapologetic about the way he left Celtic. Felt he had taken them as far as he could and that was that.

His remit at Leicester is just to upset the 'Big 6' which he has now achieved in his two seasons there. He may win them an FA Cup too.

He will move as soon as a job that excites him comes up.
Pretty unapologetic about the way he left Celtic. Felt he had taken them as far as he could and that was that.

Yeah, giving Scotland it's worst two European aggregate tonkings in history (0-9 Barca) and (1-12 PSG) would suggest as much.

Not that the Scottish press were concerned.

Pretty unapologetic about the way he left Celtic. Felt he had taken them as far as he could and that was that.

Yeah, giving Scotland it's worst two European aggregate tonkings in history (0-9 Barca) and (1-12 PSG) would suggest as much.

Not that the Scottish press were concerned.

Having listened to him, "as far as I can" means doing what is right for him and getting out at the right time.

Which he did as Gerrard had his number. And which he will do at Leicester as well.

There was a thread on the Spurs forum bigging up Gerrard, the majority of fans laughed him off with the typical English arrogance...The Spurs job being a bigger job than Rangers, in terms of clubs we are far bigger than them and I say that with Spurs being my English side.

I still think Rodgers will get the job, we’ve already seen how quickly he gets his head turned by ££...

Also think this will be the start of mid table crap again for Spurs, similar to what Arsenal have been going through.

There was a thread on the Spurs forum bigging up Gerrard, the majority of fans laughed him off with the typical English arrogance...The Spurs job being a bigger job than Rangers, in terms of clubs we are far bigger than them and I say that with Spurs being my English side.

I still think Rodgers will get the job, we’ve already seen how quickly he gets his head turned by ££...

Also think this will be the start of mid table crap again for Spurs, similar to what Arsenal have been going through.

I always laugh when you see English club fans, not including Utd/Liverpool, say they’re bigger than Rangers/Celtic

Both of us are recognised world wide, supporters clubs around the world and both have reached European finals in the last 20 seasons - all whilst playing in a diddy “farmers” league, in the eyes of the English

Spurs are only deemed a big club because they happen to be from London and have a nice stadium. An absolute non-entity of a football club who’ve only won 2 trophies in approx 30 years.

I don't even know why I'm replying to this.

I doubt he will leave Leicester, there is no reason to do so.

He proved he couldn't cope with the demands at a club at the top end of English football. His first job after, was at a club that had been involved in a no horse race the previous five seasons, and whose only real challenge had came back to the top flight, co-inciding with his appointment, hamstrung in terms of squad and finances.

Did he think going to Leicester was a bigger challenge and his road back to redemption in the top division of English football? Very probably.

It would be churlish and downright stupid to say different, he has been an absolute success at Leicester and a top four place (maybe he's already delivered that?) and a FA Cup into the bargain cements his place in Leicester folklore and history.

He couldn't deliver at Liverpool. Could he succeed at the whack job that is Spurs? Don't know and don't care.

If they truly consider themselves as a big club then the only EPL manager they should be going for is Ancelotti.
They'll end up with Marco Silva or Scott Parker. They've regressed so much since the Champions League final. Probably need to hit the reset button or it will become a manager's graveyard.

When up here i gave him credit for nothing citing his CL record. However the job he is doing with Leicester is way above expectations and even i have got to admit he is a very good manager.
If i were Spurs id break the bank to get him and not take no for an answer.

Can anyone take Spurs above Citeh, Liverpool, United and Chelsea? Their place is fighting for fifth with Arsenal and occasionally a Leicester.

I don't even know why I'm replying to this.

I doubt he will leave Leicester, there is no reason to do so.

He proved he couldn't cope with the demands at a club at the top end of English football. His first job after, was at a club that had been involved in a no horse race the previous five seasons, and whose only real challenge had came back to the top flight, co-inciding with his appointment, hamstrung in terms of squad and finances.

Did he think going to Leicester was a bigger challenge and his road back to redemption in the top division of English football? Very probably.

It would be churlish and downright stupid to say different, he has been an absolute success at Leicester and a top four place (maybe he's already delivered that?) and a FA Cup into the bargain cements his place in Leicester folklore and history.

He couldn't deliver at Liverpool. Could he succeed at the whack job that is Spurs? Don't know and don't care.

A fairly lengthy reply for someone who doesn't know why they’re replying and who also doesn't care?

Only way he would leave is for ££, I said that in my post.

Surely the old Juve manager is due a job?
Klinsman?

Alegri is meant to going back to Juventus, Sarto is taking over at Roma according to the Italian press.

I would imagine it would be Howe or Potter if it a British based manager or Lucian Farve if foreign.

They should look at Gian Gasperini currently at Atalanta working miracles with a small team on a small budget playing some cracking football they could finish Second in Serie A above the likes of Napoli, Juve, Milan that would be some Achievement imo

Whoever gets it needs to be given then time to totally gut the place without multi-millionaire underachievers running to ‘Daniel’ to cry like bitches.

6 transfer windows minimum and a 100% replacement of playing staff required.

They should look at Gian Gasperini currently at Atalanta working miracles with a small team on a small budget playing some cracking football they could finish Second in Serie A above the likes of Napoli, Juve, Milan that would be some Achievement imo
Big fan of his, he's building something quality with Atalanta and reckon he should stick it out with them until the Juventus or Italian job becomes available

He should never go to Spurs, career suicide

Back