New Spurs Manager?

Spurs job is a bit of a poisoned chalice atm, however their supporters expectations will have been dragged through the mud with that recent cup final, they'll just want to win something at this point, failing will be a big stain on any manager's record

It'll be a younger and less prestigious coach, someone like Potter, Mason or, hopefully so that we can watch a summer worth of meltdown, the bold Eddie

Spurs job is a bit of a poisoned chalice atm, however their supporters expectations will have been dragged through the mud with that recent cup final, they'll just want to win something at this point, failing will be a big stain on any manager's record

It'll be a younger and less prestigious coach, someone like Potter, Mason or, hopefully so that we can watch a summer worth of meltdown, the bold Eddie
Mason is 29. He's not going to get it.

Spurs supporters would chase Levy down WHL if they appointed Howe.

Whoever gets it needs to be given then time to totally gut the place without multi-millionaire underachievers running to ‘Daniel’ to cry like bitches.

6 transfer windows minimum and a 100% replacement of playing staff required.
I’d keep Kane and Son. I’d find out what’s wrong with Iiloris and Delle Ali. Both can be great but Lloris hasn’t looked the same since that freak howler when he got injured and DA has been off the boil since the CL final.
Maybe they need a new challenge but it’s clear DA has a lazy streak in him too as JM pointed out on All or Nothing. The trouble is nobody is going to pay top money for him and Levy isn’t the kind to give players away or pay over the odds (Bale on loan is an exception who has done next to nothing). The market will be altered due to COVID in the window. Only an outstanding Euros will boost market value IMO.

The good money should be on the big name, and that would be Allegri. If Levy was to take a risk then perhaps Parker could be in with a shout, but Rodgers won’t get it as he’s proven to choke at the big moment and levy doesn’t want that.

It’ll be Allegri if Levy wants to spend the money but I suspect he won’t because it’s Spurs and they will have to keep all their spare change to pay Jose!

Id quite like someone like Bielsa or Parker get that job, a type of appointment that would show people that Spurs are willing to take a risk for success. Parker’s a good young coach with a good potential, and Bielsa is a proven manager who’s teams play brilliant football.

As long as they don’t try and poach our gaffer right now I’ll be happy. Gerrard will attract interest naturally, but I suspect that it’ll be more next year after the big guns see how he copes with Champions League football, providing we qualify of course!

Read that on their forum. Mostly a bunch of pr1cks by the sound of it slagging off football up here.
maybe get to a European final in London and teach them a bit about the size of our support

I believe Brendan Rodgers would take this job in a heart beat, Spurs are looking for a top manager, Rodgers fits the bill.
I fancy he will end up at Spurs,but approached I believe he would take the job irrespective of where Leicester end up.

I believe Brendan Rodgers would take this job in a heart beat, Spurs are looking for a top manager, Rodgers fits the bill.
I fancy he will end up at Spurs,but approached I believe he would take the job irrespective of where Leicester end up.
Of course he would. Distancing himself from the job means nothing unless he's offered it.

I've always believed brendan has a bigger job on his mind and that is the citeh job.

Can anyone take Spurs above Citeh, Liverpool, United and Chelsea? Their place is fighting for fifth with Arsenal and occasionally a Leicester.
Well put. The next manager is on a hiding to nothing. Mr Gerrard will go no where near it, not that he will be offered it imo

The type of appointment they should try and make, but Levy will be lazy and appoint somebody like Benitez and hope for the best.

I think Benitez' best days are behind him, much like Mourinho.

I think Levy still thinks its 2013....Appointing Mourinho was a disaster and taking Bale back was naive too...

Sacking Jose when they did was IMO so they could get Naggelsmann, but Bayern still got him with Spurs getting a head start.

The Ajax coach has signed a new deal and Rodgers has said he doesnt want too.

I think the Spurs fans will be massively disappointed with their next manager and likely losing Son & Kane, that big shiny new stadium won't be a very happy place to be come next season.

I had thought Ten Hag seemed a good fit and the timing for him would be good if he ever fancied an EPL job but hes signed a new deal and is out of it.

Nuno Espirito Santo is distant with most bookies although Ive seen him short as 6/1 (which is 2nd fav really). He just seems to entrenched at Wolves with all the various Portuguese connections that took him there. He has a good job with a lot of control and little pressure.

BR is not likely to give up the Leicester job as its got everything going for it at, least in the short term.

Who does that leave?
Never cared. They don't even have a trophy room. Jim Goodwin might suggest himself for it.

I think Levy still thinks its 2013....Appointing Mourinho was a disaster and taking Bale back was naive too...

Sacking Jose when they did was IMO so they could get Naggelsmann, but Bayern still got him with Spurs getting a head start.

The Ajax coach has signed a new deal and Rodgers has said he doesnt want too.

I think the Spurs fans will be massively disappointed with their next manager and likely losing Son & Kane, that big shiny new stadium won't be a very happy place to be come next season.
They will have to give the new manager a fair bit of waffle because he will be at least 4th choice.

Big fan of his, he's building something quality with Atalanta and reckon he should stick it out with them until the Juventus or Italian job becomes available

He should never go to Spurs, career suicide
I agree he shouldn't go to spurs but you'd think they should be looking he'd probably the ideal manager for the way levy runs Spurs. But I think he gets the Italy job after the euros A.C Milan have been monitoring him as well

They will have to give the new manager a fair bit of waffle because he will be at least 4th choice.

Very true but in reality no one knows who Levy actually wants, its all paper speculation and for all anyone knows they are working behind the scenes to get someone in.

Our manager pretty much came out of no where and we had to sit through so much speculation on every available manager under the sun.

Spurs are a bigger club than Leicester so if approached I’d have to imagine Rodgers would be interested. He’s done at tremendous job at Leicester and had Liverpool tantalisingly close to the title too.

He’d be a better appointment than Allegri or Benitez, IMO.

Spurs are a bigger club than Leicester so if approached I’d have to imagine Rodgers would be interested. He’s done at tremendous job at Leicester and had Liverpool tantalisingly close to the title too.

He’d be a better appointment than Allegri or Benitez, IMO.
They may be a bigger club but are they as ambitious as Leicester? They went close in the EPL and reached the CL final but didn’t look to me to build on that and look to become a team challenging for these titles every year.

If they lose Kane they could be midtable next season.

They may be a bigger club but are they as ambitious as Leicester? They went close in the EPL and reached the CL final but didn’t look to me to build on that and look to become a team challenging for these titles every year.

If they lose Kane they could be midtable next season.
You’re quite possibly correct, but I think it’s more a question of stature.

Spurs were included in the super league fiasco for a reason, Leicester weren’t.

In that respect the attraction of managing one of England’s big six clubs, especially if the super league comes back into view - which I think it probably and somewhat inevitably will - could be something Rodgers finds difficult to ignore.

He probably won’t get another chance.

I had thought Ten Hag seemed a good fit and the timing for him would be good if he ever fancied an EPL job but hes signed a new deal and is out of it.

Nuno Espirito Santo is distant with most bookies although Ive seen him short as 6/1 (which is 2nd fav really). He just seems to entrenched at Wolves with all the various Portuguese connections that took him there. He has a good job with a lot of control and little pressure.

BR is not likely to give up the Leicester job as its got everything going for it at, least in the short term.

Who does that leave?
Neic

Who does that leave?
The bravest man in football?

Back