New Stand at Hummel Training Centre has been started.

Great training & education facility for the young bears can only benefit the club and im sure it will give a good look to the hummel training centre with the new stand

Benefit the club in what way? We produce very few players good enough to go into the first team and I don't think facilities and a stand will change that.

Maybe that’s what we have been missing the final piece of the jigsaw if you will and from now on we will produce.o_O

FFS I bang on in just about every thread on this saying it’s not a new ‘stand’ it’s new facilities for the kids (which it is) and the bloody official website c
ome out and describe it as a damned ‘stand’. B*stards!:D

I know that on the inside it will be 4 dressing rooms and a state-of-the-art education suite but on the outside isn't it also a stand with a roof?

I know that on the inside it will be 4 dressing rooms and a state-of-the-art education suite but on the outside isn't it also a stand with a roof?

Yes, it is. I simply took exception to folks 'dismissing' it as a 'stand' when, for me at least, that wasn't it's primary purpose. I still believe that. Only to be 'undermined' by the Club statement LOL. That'll teach me!;):D:D

Was quite a divisive subject on here when it was first mooted, did we actually need it and should the RFFF monies be used to fund it?

I was quite vocal in my opposition to this stand and the facilities being built within what is already the best football training facility in the country. The argument that we need more dressing rooms to accommodate more boys didn't wash with me. I believe we have enough existing facilities for the amount of boys we should be inviting along to the academy.

Being asked to train at the Rangers academy should be the pinnacle and something earned at local boys club level. Only the very best potential should be asked along. I felt more facilities, more young lads coming in would saturate the talent to a certain extent.

In saying all that, now that it is happening then it has my full support. Having looked at the Billy Gilmour video at Chelsea a wee while ago then if we're striving to create an environment such as that then hopefully we will see the benefits of it in years to come.

Benefit the club in what way? We produce very few players good enough to go into the first team and I don't think facilities and a stand will change that.

Oh well, let’s just give up then and stop trying. Our goalkeeper started off with our youth dept (albeit many moons ago), we have introduced Kelly and Atakayi, as well as continued McCrorie’s development. We have Dallas pushing hard for a squad place. We sadly lost Gilmour to bright lights from down south, but made 500k from his sale. But nah, we should just stop trying to improve to try give our youth players the best chance.

nintchdbpict000371576576-e1512647415121.jpg

nintchdbpict000371576588.jpg

nintchdbpict000371576636.jpg

Hmmmmm bit shortsighted that comment.

Hasn't done Ajax any harm producing a lucrative number of young players for their first team. Young Kluivert being one that they took all the way to a big money move to Roma. They also managed to attract Kasper Dolberg from Silkeborg with some top scouting and top class training facilities. He will have a nice sell on fee.

We need to remember that in no way shape or form are Rangers a buying club anymore. It hurts me saying that but to survive and grow we need to go down the elite youth development path.

McGregor, Halliday, McCrorie , Middleton all currently part of our squad and played for us at academy level

Was quite a divisive subject on here when it was first mooted, did we actually need it and should the RFFF monies be used to fund it?

I was quite vocal in my opposition to this stand and the facilities being built within what is already the best football training facility in the country. The argument that we need more dressing rooms to accommodate more boys didn't wash with me. I believe we have enough existing facilities for the amount of boys we should be inviting along to the academy.

Being asked to train at the Rangers academy should be the pinnacle and something earned at local boys club level. Only the very best potential should be asked along. I felt more facilities, more young lads coming in would saturate the talent to a certain extent.

In saying all that, now that it is happening then it has my full support. Having looked at the Billy Gilmour video at Chelsea a wee while ago then if we're striving to create an environment such as that then hopefully we will see the benefits of it in years to come.
Glad to see you're coming round to the idea that improving our training/youth facilities is actually a good idea.
Improving what you've already got is never a retrograde step and if it entices just ONE potential young superstar to join us instead of a hundred other clubs and he's a huge success then it's money well spent.
It's impossible to argue against ambition and continuous improvement!

Really good to see that the fighting fund have gone to great use in the building of these facilities and also a lasting legacy to those who contributed to the fund.

There is no negatives about this, it improves our club, time will tell if we benefit by producing more players.
Most importantly it keeps parents/guardians well away from the touch line. :p

McGregor, Halliday, McCrorie , Middleton all currently part of our squad and played for us at academy level

I agree with the sentiment here bud but we let Halliday go when he was 14 and Middleton came straight from Norwich in to our first team.

That said, the following players are academy graduates with first team appearances for Rangers directly out of the academy:

Allan McGregor[64]
Chris Burke[65]
Tom Brighton
Andy Dowie
Alan Hutton[66]
Steven MacLean
Darryl Duffy
Hamed Namouchi
Bajram Fetai
Alex Walker
Charlie Adam
Gary MacKenzie
Ross McCormack
Bob Davidson
Steven Smith
Alan Lowing[67]
Moses Ashikodi[68]
Lee Robinson[69]
William Stanger[70]
Steven Lennon[71]
Andrew Shinnie[72]
Paul Emslie[73]
John Fleck[74]
Dean Furman[75]
Rory Loy[76]
Andrew Little[77]
Gregg Wylde[78]
Jordan McMillan[79]
Danny Wilson[79]
Kyle Hutton[80]
Darren Cole[81]
Jamie Ness[82]
Kane Hemmings[83]
Ross Perry[84]
Thomas Kind Bendiksen[85]
Rhys McCabe[86]
Andrew Mitchell[87]
Barrie McKay[88]
Lewis Macleod[89]
Kal Naismith[89]
Robbie Crawford[89]
Chris Hegarty[90]
Fraser Aird[91]
Tom Walsh[92]
Luca Gasparotto[93]
Danny Stoney[94]
Andy Murdoch[95]
Scott Gallacher[96]
Kyle McAusland[97]
Calum Gallagher[98]
Charlie Telfer[99]
Ryan Hardie[100]
Liam Burt[101]
Myles Beerman[102]
Jamie Barjonas[103]
Aidan Wilson[104]
Kyle Bradley[105]
Ross McCrorie[106]
Glenn Middleton[107]
Stephen Kelly[108]
Serge Atakayi[109]

(ignore they wee numbers, cba to delete them)

Oh well, let’s just give up then and stop trying. Our goalkeeper started off with our youth dept (albeit many moons ago), we have introduced Kelly and Atakayi, as well as continued McCrorie’s development. We have Dallas pushing hard for a squad place. We sadly lost Gilmour to bright lights from down south, but made 500k from his sale. But nah, we should just stop trying to improve to try give our youth players the best chance.

We do have the best facilities in the country but surely improving them will only help attract those courted by other clubs.
I don't see the money in scotland changing massively in the foreseeable. I genuinely believe we will have conveyor belt of talent coming through over the next few years.
Well I hope so anyway as my oldest boy is on the books there just now!

And most talented ones like billy Gilmour will be taken by a premiership academy.
For which rangers got £500k plus extra if he hits certain targets

There is no point going over all this again, a decision was made to fund a project that the youth development side all thought was great / would help with the facilities both for the players and their families.

Let’s just celebrate that we have such a fantastic training centre and we don’t still have the players getting on a bus to random training pitches around Glasgow as was the case for the 9 in a row years!!!

Hopefully we can host our reserve games there now and advertise them. Even a small charge of £2 or £3 would help pay for the upkeep of the training facilities, it would be possible to get a crowd of 300-400 if games were played at night.

Waste of time and money imo. Every penny we have should be made available for our manager to help improve the quality of our first team and squad. We should have one priority and that's winning number 55.

I know I really shouldn’t be surprided with this forum but I honestly can’t see what there is to be negative about with this facility being built , new changing rooms a training centre and a stand for supporters to go and watch the youth teams play , everything we do isn’t always just about the present we have to plan and invest in our future especially now with the way finances are in football now

Great news. I’m very hopeful we’ll soon be reaping the benefits of our new approach to youth development.

Anyone have any idea on the timescale involved in the construction?

Back