Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
UB move might mean the away OF allocation moving to BF1, BF2, BR1and BR2. Would make sense with fewer seats lost to segregation, better access to BR for home fans and they are off the TV.

There might be less MyGers taken up next season but, it won't be due to this. ST's will sell out no bother. In the 38 years I've been going I've never known demand like this. That isn't changing any time soon, especially if we win this title.

Regards today's news I'm pleased with it. Supporting Rangers has always been about actually attending games for me. These allocations cuts that we've seen at most of the Premiership grounds is no good and I think this is a sensible compromise.

People being inconvenienced isn't ideal though. I can't understand why they need to be moved permanently to facilitate two matches. Why can't they do what they do for UEFA matches when they need to be relocated? That the question I'd be asking if it was me.

Although in saying that, we are affected by the UB move and I've sent a couple of emails about that with zero response.
If people aren't getting OF games I doubt they will sell out thh

There might be less MyGers taken up next season but, it won't be due to this. ST's will sell out no bother. In the 38 years I've been going I've never known demand like this. That isn't changing any time soon, especially if we win this title.

Regards today's news I'm pleased with it. Supporting Rangers has always been about actually attending games for me. These allocations cuts that we've seen at most of the Premiership grounds is no good and I think this is a sensible compromise.

People being inconvenienced isn't ideal though. I can't understand why they need to be moved permanently to facilitate two matches. Why can't they do what they do for UEFA matches when they need to be relocated? That the question I'd be asking if it was me.

Although in saying that, we are affected by the UB move and I've sent a couple of emails about that with zero response.
Isn’t that what they’re offering by giving people the first option on available tickets?

Once again, my point wasn’t anything to do with the rights or wrongs of this situation.

My point was solely pointing out that your comment that buying a season ticket without an old firm game was utterly ridiculous when that was the norm only a few years ago was a stupid comment to make.

It’s pretty simple. Nothing more nothing less.

You’re trying to bring opinions on the situation or things that happened decades ago because I’m right and you’re trying to deflect. I’m not going to engage in it as that wasn’t anything to do with my post.
You hold a high opinion of yourself which is good, at least someone does

You seem to be overthinking it.
They will have just told all concerned they want the atmosphere back and to sort it out.
They wouldn’t care whether there are 2500 or 8000 from their perspective as long as there is an electric atmosphere.
I know a lot of people down south. who have got no interest particularly in Scottish football, but they do watch the old firm games.
You've went from saying that sky would have forced the issue through the threat of financial sanctions to basically sky phoning up for a friendly chat to sort it out. In reality, you've no idea if sky were even involved in any discussions whatsoever.

They almost certainly weren't. It's nothing to do with them. I'd be amazed if they even cared. I'd also be amazed if no away fans at the game had any bearing on viewing figures at all. Who watches football on TV to look at the fans? The whole "Sky won't be happy" thing is a myth. There's nothing whatsoever to support it.

As I said, if Sky cared enough, and had the power to force the issue, it would have happened before now and they certainly wouldn't have extended the TV deal to 2029 without having first resolved the issue. Twice in recent memory Scottish football has broke the contract in place with sky and had to crawl on it's knees to appease them. Firstly 2012, and secondly, the covid, zoom call title.

Aye common sense prevails to %^*& over ST holders.Glad you're happy to see our own missing out to accommodate human excrement.
Correct I’m delighted with the news today should never have been cut that drastically in the first place. Why some of our fans want to stop our away support from attending our biggest away game of the season is beyond me.

Disappointed for those affected by the changes but there has to be away fans at this fixture and the 800 was pish. Personally come the games I don’t think anyone with a season ticket in the affected areas will actually miss out but obviously they can’t offer that cast iron guarantee today.

Correct I’m delighted with the news today should never have been cut that drastically in the first place. Why some of our fans want to stop our away support from attending our biggest away game of the season is beyond me.

Disappointed for those affected by the changes but there has to be away fans at this fixture and the 800 was pish. Personally come the games I don’t think anyone with a season ticket in the affected areas will actually miss out but obviously they can’t offer that cast iron guarantee today.
You're not disappointed at all,like the rest who benefit out of this.I sincerely hope you and a few others miss out attending the piggery.It will be good seeing yous cry how it's no fair.

I take it you don't sit in the club deck? I do. I'd be livid if I was shifted to accommodate them. I've got every sympathy with the supporters in the Broomloan that have bought season tickets in good faith for several years, including covid, to now be put out by this.

Here's an idea. Why not round up all the Rangers fans that were desperate to let them back in, seat them all in the same part of the stadium, and when these games roll around, they can be the ones that move? Everyone's happy.
I agree with you.

I dont want any of them in.

But if we need to. Put them somewhere out the road. And give the fans inconvenienced a move down to the corner.

This has nothing to do with them beatings us at Ibrox and sour grapes. I dont want that fan base and their values anywhere near our stadium. They are fucking scum.

For wanting to support my team away to our biggest rivals? Don’t talk pish
If you get a ticket which is not much more likely. Is it ?
And to be herded like cattle from your bus 3 hours before kick off. No thanks.
It was great fun back in the day going there with up to 30,000 of us bossing the streets and the city centre. But those days are gone now. Never to come back.

It was great fun back in the day going there with up to 30,000 of us bossing the streets and the city centre. But those days are gone now. Never to come back.
So you’ve been there and done it but now to hell with the younger generation wanting to follow their team there? Sound

So because you don’t want to go and don’t think it’ll be a good experience you believe everyone should think the same as you?

So this proposed 3,000 Bears at the piggery isn't true. ? Who'd ever have seen through that fib.?
I think the 3000 was plucked out the air from a few on here.The filth are never agreeing to more Gers fans at the piggery than what they will have at Ibrox.

So you’ve been there and done it but now to hell with the younger generation wanting to follow their team there? Sound

Circumstances change; that’s life. I assume that’s why no one is advocating for 8k (yet).

Sometimes you need to make a stance, even when the decision isn’t palatable.

But Rangers don’t do that.

We’re dealing with a club and a support that nearly put us out of existence in 2012. That demotion robbed us of many years of top level games. Maybe our ire should be directed in the proper direction.

But no. We let them dictate what we do.

I dont think any arrangement would go down well with everybody. Rangers would not have had much of a choice and would have been out voted anyway. If we had just said no then we would be back to no fans going. It is easier to change this once in place rather than go against it from the outset. My view is give one end to each fans as it was in the past or just have no fans.

I think the 3000 was plucked out the air from a few on here.The filth are never agreeing to more Gers fans at the piggery than what they will have at Ibrox.

It'll start at 3,000 today, then by the time of the first game at the piggery the peasants will make up some excuse, probably health and safety, to lower that amount. We'll be lucky to see 2,000 Bears at their dump.

It’s quite clear that today’s decision has resulted due to external pressures. It’s not as if the club have just decided to do it off their own backs

You say dancing to the scums tune when in truth they wanted the full stand and they’ve not got it. It’s better described as dancing to sky/sponsors tune
They have still ended up with more fans than we wanted to give, they get TV 'in view' seats with full view of pitch.. We're getting fans stuck out of sight in corner loads with restricted view. For them job done.

Last edited:
I don't have any skin in this game personally but think the optics look poor when they get such good visibility in terms of TV coverage. You can barely see the Rangers fans at Parkhead.

Would be nice if they were seated in a less prominent position but understand it's probably not feasible.

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of vocal and committed fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox

Last edited:
Circumstances change; that’s life. I assume that’s why no one is advocating for 8k (yet).

Sometimes you need to make a stance, even when the decision isn’t palatable.

But Rangers don’t do that.

We’re dealing with a club and a support that nearly put us out of existence in 2012. That demotion robbed us of many years of top level games. Maybe our ire should be directed in the proper direction.

But no. We let them dictate what we do.
We hate them they hate us and that’s the way I like it.

I don't have any skin in this game personally but think the optics look poor when they get such good visibility in terms of TV coverage. You can barely see the Rangers fans at Parkhead.

Would be nice if they were seated in a less prominent position but understand it's probably not feasible.
Give us the standing section at their ground and evict the green mob.

I don't want to go back to parkhead. Never been back since 2012.

The games aren't anywhere near the same without away fans and tbh they seem to have little trouble winning at Ibrox with no fans whereas we struggle at parkhead this way. So it helps us on the park imo.
I think 800 for us fine. Hearts can win there with 800. The fan number is not the problem

I completely get this thread will not be popular, as probably most the people on here are the people who go to away games.

The decision to give Them 2500 is a huge decision, and primarily a decision to appease the minority of fans who go to away games, and want to go back to Celtic Park to support our team.

Firstly, I completely understand the argument for for those supporters.

I find strange:

1:Statements saying the league/sky were involved. Why? Tv deal is locked in for years

2: The club losing money to compensate season ticket holders for 2 games a season. How can a company with shareholders justify less revenue?

3: welcoming a team who don't recognize our club, the old firm, ran pedophile ring for 30 years with open arms, and still giving them prime tv seats

4: wanting to treat them any differently from other clubs in the league

It should be 800 fans, we all wanted this a few years ago, but because the most vocal want to go to parkhead, thousands of fans will now miss out supporting our team at Ibrox
We all didn’t want this a few years ago.

And the fact the poll below is EXACTLY 50/50 right now, it tells you it isn’t the minority and infact the support is completely split on it

Back