Newcastle about to smash their transfer record.

Joelinton is class man. He's not a goalscorer though. He's a Firmino false 9 type who is all about playing in between the lines.

Further proof surely that the Morelos story was just completely made up!

Absolutely any team in the uk who are in the market for a striker will be linked (by the ever so reliable press) to Morelos.

I genuinely think Morelos will be going nowhere this summer. Due to a combination of the perceived nature of him being a liability and to the likely transfer fee that we would be looking for.

He’s young and although he has tons and tons of potential - he still has much to prove. Another year with us and hopefully another crack at the Europa league groups is the best for both us and Alfredo imo.

Morelos won’t go for big money because he doesn’t have big money attributes. I love him at Rangers but I’d be interested to know what people think his level is in England/Germany/France etc

Morelos won’t go for big money because he doesn’t have big money attributes. I love him at Rangers but I’d be interested to know what people think his level is in England/Germany/France etc

He's a centre forward, and he scores goal.

What more do you want?

Morelos would be suited to a team like Wolves IMO.

He's a centre forward, and he scores goal.

What more do you want?

Morelos would be suited to a team like Wolves IMO.

If that’s all that mattered then Kris Boyd would have been a Premier League superstar. Teams look for traits when they pay big money. Despite his goal record, Morelos isn’t what I’d call a natural finisher. He’s not rapid and he’s not technically the best. I think his best attribute is his holdup play at times, but teams aren’t used to players his size being so strong so he’s a bit of a rarity. Then add in the temperament. I hope we keep him for the next four or five years because I don’t think he will ever have a better fit than Rangers. He could be a legend here. But I think he’d disappear elsewhere.

Plus another £30m on Marrony from Brazil.

I know they got £30m for Perez from Leicester but £70m on two strikers having let Rafa Benitez walk and replacing him with Steve Bruce makes no sense.

If that’s all that mattered then Kris Boyd would have been a Premier League superstar. Teams look for traits when they pay big money. Despite his goal record, Morelos isn’t what I’d call a natural finisher. He’s not rapid and he’s not technically the best. I think his best attribute is his holdup play at times, but teams aren’t used to players his size being so strong so he’s a bit of a rarity. Then add in the temperament. I hope we keep him for the next four or five years because I don’t think he will ever have a better fit than Rangers. He could be a legend here. But I think he’d disappear elsewhere.
That’s a fair point but it’s quite clear to see that Morelos’ game is much better than Kris Boyd’s.

I agree with his temperament, and that’s definitely something that he’s got to work on.

Morelos is still a mid table Premier League striker for me though.

I get that it's easy to get envious when big price tags get thrown around for players with inferior stats to Alfie, but the reality is he is worth whatever we end up being offered and accepting. Who knows wtf that will be but other clubs dealings don't really have much part to play in the fee.

Plus another £30m on Marrony from Brazil.

I know they got £30m for Perez from Leicester but £70m on two strikers having let Rafa Benitez walk and replacing him with Steve Bruce makes no sense.

Weird how they had no ambition, let him go, then got some ambition when they appointed a shitter manager.

No offence to any of the geordies as I enjoy a day and night up the toon followed by their very loose women but I hope they go down to the mackems level whilst that fat parasite is in charge

Back