Newcastle fan loving NEH

We're far too harsh as critics on the club, in every facet of the club. Every little detail gets scrutinised on here to the nth degree. I know, I know Rangers standards etc, but at times it borders on insane.

NEH is an impressive upgrade on what the club had previously. The board can be criticised for a lot of things in recent years, but they have tried their damndest to upgrade all facets of the club. The stadium, NEH and the Training Centre, although not yet perfect. Are all light years better than what they inherited.

Castore have some prime real estate in that shop at the front of it. Anytime been in it their portion has been dead. Tbh I wouldn’t want to go in there to buy Castore only stuff but I obviously get why it’s in there

Purely because there’s a sizeable chunk of complete bangers in our support that have to find a negative slant on each & every thing the club does.

It’s beyond pathetic.
I don't know why they bother. Imagine spending money on something you don't enjoy. Having said that, it seems to be an online thing. Yes, I've heard moans, mainly about how the games going, but on here it seems to be a case of, find something, anything to have a go at the club.

It’s probably not viable and won’t happen but surely the NEH could be more family orientated and the new bar be more for over 18s

I’m not saying that’s what I’d want personally but if your talking from a sheer financial selfish viewpoint surely with it being what 500 capacity it’d be better served to just overs.

Be interesting to see what takings would be like if your average punter in with a couple kids bringing the per head spend down.

And I say this with having two kids

It’s probably not viable and won’t happen but surely the NEH could be more family orientated and the new bar be more for over 18s

I’m not saying that’s what I’d want personally but if your talking from a sheer financial selfish viewpoint surely with it being what 500 capacity it’d be better served to just overs.

Be interesting to see what takings would be like if your average punter in with a couple kids bringing the per head spend down.

And I say this with having two kids
However the problem is there next to nowhere near the stadium that a dad can take his kids and have a pint while also getting them something to eat or entertain them.

Go Urban, Village Hotel etc etc

Get the kids in NEH they can see Broxi, hit the shop then have a burger and their dad gets a pint. WIN/WIN

Seen a couple of Newcastle families get turned away from the District and they didnt get kids couldnt come in the pub, no hassle guy at the door was great and just explained. Think he directed them round to the Village but puts in perpestive why NEH is good for Rangers families.

Sad state of affairs when you've got some random Geordie being more positive about NEH than a sizeable chunk of our support.

A fan of one of the richest clubs in the world envious of our facility. Brilliant, hope him and many others spent a small fortune in there tonight.
It’s not a “sizeable chunk of our support” it’s a bunch of dicks on this forum.

I don't know why they bother. Imagine spending money on something you don't enjoy. Having said that, it seems to be an online thing. Yes, I've heard moans, mainly about how the games going, but on here it seems to be a case of, find something, anything to have a go at the club.
Scotland itself is a country with a high % of moaners - dunno whether it’s a decade of the SNP or whatever but it is not like this in the rest of the world.

Having been to two "massive" clubs in the last week, our shop and space is actually very decent. Man utds is very good, perhaps a bit better range wise than ours and fkn huge. Man city (massive club my arse) it's utter crap.

My wife had a chunk of family up in the Newcastle end, season book holders down there. All mighty impressed with exactly what this guy seen and also impressed with the stadium. We also have a new fan as their youngest wants back in the Rangers end

Having been to two "massive" clubs in the last week, our shop and space is actually very decent. Man utds is very good, perhaps a bit better range wise than ours and fkn huge. Man city (massive club my arse) it's utter crap.

My wife had a chunk of family up in the Newcastle end, season book holders down there. All mighty impressed with exactly what this guy seen and also impressed with the stadium. We also have a new fan as their youngest wants back in the Rangers end
Now that's a fine positive post. People have a moan about our stadium, but many who visit it are impressed.

A visitor to our club, stadium and retail facilities raves about it on SM....sadly you'd never hear anything like that from any visiting supporters from our own league.
I'm actually quite proud that a supporter from a team in "the greatest league in the world" is so impressed with our whole set up.

Weirdly enough the biggest club shop I've ever been in was Bradford city's.

On two floors as well. It was bloody massive for such a small club.

However the problem is there next to nowhere near the stadium that a dad can take his kids and have a pint while also getting them something to eat or entertain them.

Get the kids in NEH they can see Broxi, hit the shop then have a burger and their dad gets a pint. WIN/WIN

Seen a couple of Newcastle families get turned away from the District and they didnt get kids couldnt come in the pub, no hassle guy at the door was great and just explained. Think he directed them round to the Village but puts in perpestive why NEH is good for Rangers families.
Not clued up on this but from some of the football/ stadium things i follow online i get the impression down soutb its not unusual for a lot of towns/ cities to have boozers where home and away fans can mix happily before games. Not the big rivalrys and not the home support hardcore by the sounds of it but it does seem to happen to a certain extent. Particularly further down the leagues.

The NEH is great but I’d like to see the areas around Ibrox turned into some sort of precinct with shops and restaurants, similar to the Amsterdam arena.
There’s loads of potential for these areas to enhance the match day experience.Just getting the investment would be the issue.

Would be great to have a wider strategy for increasing stadium capacity, enhancing the fan experience both inside and outside the stadium and also trying the lobby the government for better transportation links to Ibrox (train station?)

Purely because there’s a sizeable chunk of complete bangers in our support that have to find a negative slant on each & every thing the club does.

It’s beyond pathetic.
People couldn’t even wait for it to be completed before getting their digs in. There was a lot of whinging and huffing and puffing when it was nothing more than a few steel girders ffs. But some people just get off on complaining about everything, others are just entitled brats.

It looks excellent and it’s nice to see fans from a mega rich EPL oil club envious of it. It’s one thing the board have definitely got right

The outrage on here when the museum opens in a few weeks is going to be mental. The progress that has been and is continuing to be made over the last few years off the pitch should be commended. Yes, more can and needs to be done, but we'll get there.

A lot of our support are, unfortunately, just miserable moaning bastards, who use Rangers as an outlet for their anger and unhappiness. Bit sad really.

Back