Newcastle interested in Hickey

I can only judge him against us as I do not watch much other football at all. I remember we played Hearts at Ibrox in Gerrard's 2nd season and we destroyed them and Hickey was terrible. Even then he was getting watched by teams all over Europe. I just didn't see it but he's obviously a good player.
Tbf the fact he was playing consistently for Hearts at that age said enough about his talents. Developed really well in Italy since

What's weird about that you know players can be younger and older than each other.
Yes of course.

I was quite obviously referring to the fact that because Hickey has been around so long you’d be mistaken for thinking he’s older than 19.

People slating him coz he had a poor performance against us when he was 16 ffs. I've seen it all now!

I watch quite a bit of Italian fitba as it's class for cards bet builders and he's been better than half decent any time I've saw him play. Still only 19. If I was him I'd stay in Italy for another few years at least. He's playing every week just now and playing well it would be mental to bin that and roll the dice at Newcastle

People slating him coz he had a poor performance against us when he was 16 ffs. I've seen it all now!

I watch quite a bit of Italian fitba as it's class for cards bet builders and he's been better than half decent any time I've saw him play. Still only 19. If I was him I'd stay in Italy for another few years at least. He's playing every week just now and playing well it would be mental to bin that and roll the dice at Newcastle

Some folk are just mental.

He's a class player who will only get better.

I can only judge him against us as I do not watch much other football at all. I remember we played Hearts at Ibrox in Gerrard's 2nd season and we destroyed them and Hickey was terrible. Even then he was getting watched by teams all over Europe. I just didn't see it but he's obviously a good player.
He was a lot younger then and must be doing something right to be starting regularly for a decent Serie A side. Agree he never stood out v us then but granted he was 16/17 at the time.

Haven't seen him much since he left Hearts though.

Some folk are just mental.

He's a class player who will only get better.
I thought the same when I saw him at Ibrox, wondered why all the talk?

Since then saw him on TV playing for Bologna a few times and he was outstanding. What a great move it has been for him, got to be applauded.

Last edited:
He’s doing well in Italy. Should remain out there for a few more seasons. Napoli or AC Milan would be a great move for him.
I guess we should now accept hes a player if hes good enough for EPL and possibly even a move to the top sides in Italy.... would have been far too dangerous to say he was any use when he was playing for Hearts though.:)

Comparing him to Doig and talking about how he played against us when he was 16
That's all I have to go on no point basing it on what he's doing now as I have not followed his career at all.
I also believe most have not either and just buy into whatever media hype they read.

everyone said Frimpong was shite too, 25 games, 1 goal and 6 assists in the BL this season. As well as 7 EL games with an assist.

He was a bit of a headless chicken in Scotland but it was clear he had all the proverbial tools to be a very good wingback.

Seoane is the second best paid manager in the Bundesliga. The way he's improved Frimpong shows you why.

He was a bit of a headless chicken in Scotland but it was clear he had all the proverbial tools to be a very good wingback.

Seoane is the second best paid manager in the Bundesliga. The way he's improved Frimpong shows you why.
I imagine he’ll be getting caps soon enough.

Would work pretty well in their 3-5-2, but they obviously have big Galloway marauding up and down the flank.

I imagine he’ll be getting caps soon enough.

Would work pretty well in their 3-5-2, but they obviously have big Galloway marauding up and down the flank.

Aye, he was in the Dutch squad but got injured and is out for the rest of the season.

Their season has fallen apart. Wirtz out and Schick isn't fit either.

Back