Next round of Europa league fixtures

Northampton_Loyalist

How do we want the Feyenoord Porto game to go? Half of me wants a Porto win to leave the Dutch on 0 points, which coupled with a good result for us would see us in the driving seat for second. Another part wants a draw or home win to put us top if we get a result.

Looking at the group, it will be very, very hard for us to go further but it can be done!

Rangers win in Switzerland obviously and a draw in Rotterdam ,
We are capable of winning all 3 home games if we show the attitude shown against Feyenoord .
Let the others take points from each other as they fight it out for 2nd.

It’s hard to see Porto not qualifying therefore we want them to clean up against Young Boys and Feyenoord.

Then Young Boys and Feyenoord drawing their games would be excellent.

Porto and Rangers wins - then worst we can come out of the double header v Porto is joint second.

Definitely feel our best chance of progressing is for Porto to win all of their games. For me it’s about progress so I’m not going to hang my hopes on anything other than bettering our points total (6) from last season. In a better group this year that absolutely constitutes progress and a success. No reason why we can’t.

A draw would be best imho,don't think Porto are as good as most seem to think on here.

Respectfully disagree mate. Porto were CL quarter finalists last season and unlike Benfica didn’t sell their best player.
Ok they made an arse of qualifying v Krasnodar but well before their season starts.
I’d say they will top the group and we will be second.

Back