Next season away allocations MyGers discussion

IbroxMainStand

With the final away game now out and most frustrated at how many tickets they have got from MyGers this year how does everyone think away games will work next season. The allocations are going to be the lowest number of tickets in years due to how many away ends have been cut while at the same time 15k members are applying for every game.

Aberdeen 1700 (2)
Celtic 2500-3000 (2)
Dundee 3400
Dundee United 5000 (2)
Hearts 600 (2)
Hibs 600 (2)
Kilmarnock 4000
Motherwell 4600 (2)
St Johnstone 4200
St Mirren 1400
Ross County 1300

Total when you include 2 post split away games will be around 50k of which probably around 35k will be given to MyGers once RSC, Corporate and club use tickets are taken off.

For me they need to change how MyGers works for domestic away games. There needs to be a limit to the number of people that can apply done by points and also potentially by adding a separate charge to make you eligible. While we have a big away support 15k registering for every game is not an accurate reflection of how many want to go and a big number are just applying for other people.

If there is no change I think most of bronze will be lucky to get 1 ticket, silver 1-2 and gold 3-4. While a ballot system might seem fair on paper, getting people logging on and registering for games they have next to no chance of getting a ticket for might just lead to more disappointment in the long run.

Mygers only gets about 50% of the allocation, sometimes less. So you’re looking at about 25000 roughly

Also Hibs allocation will be about 1800 I think

Mygers only gets about 50% of the allocation, sometimes less. So you’re looking at about 25000 roughly

Also Hibs allocation will be about 1800 I think
If its closer to 25k in total then an average of 1300 tickets a game with 15000 applying. Its difficult to know the true number going to MyGers as club use seems to be much higher than it used to be.

Hibs Euro allocation for Villa was around a thousand so I can't see it being much higher than that. I have a feeling that its going to be the same as how Hearts smaller allocation looks.

Not sure if it can be done for next season as the renewals have already started,but I think there should be an extra charge for people who want away tickets,the club obviously want the income and I think fans would pay to get more away tickets,I'm gold and got six last season and four this season and it's only going to get worse.

The amount registering is certainly an issue. I have only registered for domestic and euro aways that I could attend, as I believed that’s what the club tried to encourage. However with the new criteria for the upcoming Hearts game, I effectively eliminated myself from getting a ticket. I now see myself compounding the problem next year.

With the final away game now out and most frustrated at how many tickets they have got from MyGers this year how does everyone think away games will work next season. The allocations are going to be the lowest number of tickets in years due to how many away ends have been cut while at the same time 15k members are applying for every game.

Aberdeen 1700 (2)
Celtic 2500-3000 (2)
Dundee 3400
Dundee United 5000 (2)
Hearts 600 (2)
Hibs 600 (2)
Kilmarnock 4000
Motherwell 4600 (2)
St Johnstone 4200
St Mirren 1400
Ross County 1300

Total when you include 2 post split away games will be around 50k of which probably around 35k will be given to MyGers once RSC, Corporate and club use tickets are taken off.

For me they need to change how MyGers works for domestic away games. There needs to be a limit to the number of people that can apply done by points and also potentially by adding a separate charge to make you eligible. While we have a big away support 15k registering for every game is not an accurate reflection of how many want to go and a big number are just applying for other people.

If there is no change I think most of bronze will be lucky to get 1 ticket, silver 1-2 and gold 3-4. While a ballot system might seem fair on paper, getting people logging on and registering for games they have next to no chance of getting a ticket for might just lead to more disappointment in the long run.
Adding a separate charge for away games?

Is MyGers not enough of a tax on tickets for your liking? :oops:

The problem with some of these schemes is that folk will start saving their applications for bigger games, games like St. Johnstone or Motherwell will see demand freefall, whilst we the Cat A game demand will stay the same & tbh, not getting enough tickets for they games are what many are crying about.

The thing that irks me is that there are plenty who get away tickets from folk they know, stay for the 1st half & then go get p*shed at the pub. What a f*cking selfish attitude that is.

Certain games - only Gold Members apply for (excludes Bronze/Silver)
Certain other games - only Silver apply for (excludes Gold/Bronze)
Another game or two - only Bronze apply for (excludes Gold Silver)

Gold still to receive the largest amount of games (and against the better quality teams).
Gives Bronze a fair crack of the whip getting at least one game
Silver somewhere in between.

Might mean Gold sacrificing a game for better quality games but give Silver and Bronze more hope of any sort of game.

If they change it from a points down system what’s the point in being in Mygers if you’re not gold as you’re never getting a ticket for any away game while Gold just pull further away

This is how the club will be thinking. They are delighted to have 54,000 members, they won’t jeopardise the overall numbers of the scheme to satisfy some members not getting the away tickets they want.

The days of travelling to most away games is over mainly due to how small most SPL grounds are which is the real problem.

To be an SPL club the criteria should be a stadium of at least 15,000 or you don’t get in the league.

How about once you receive an away ticket you are no longer in any ballots until your turn comes round again. The fact some people are getting 6 away games in a season and some get zero is inherently unfair. This needs to stop.

This is how the club will be thinking. They are delighted to have 54,000 members, they won’t jeopardise the overall numbers of the scheme to satisfy some members not getting the away tickets they want.

The days of travelling to most away games is over mainly due to how small most SPL grounds are which is the real problem.

To be an SPL club the criteria should be a stadium of at least 15,000 or you don’t get in the league.
There is 50k MyGers members but its only around 15k applying for away games so any changes won't make a huge difference.

How about once you receive an away ticket you are no longer in any ballots until your turn comes round again. The fact some people are getting 6 away games in a season and some get zero is inherently unfair. This needs to stop.
I think in theory that should only apply to your tier otherwise it defeats the purpose of a “loyalty scheme” shouldn’t have the situation of a gold member on 6 and another on 4, silver 3 and another on 1 etc.

Aberdeen 1700 (2)
Celtic 2500-3000 (2)
Dundee 3400
Dundee United 5000 (2)
Hearts 600 (2)
Hibs 600 (2)
Kilmarnock 4000
Motherwell 4600 (2)
St Johnstone 4200
St Mirren 1400
Ross County 1300

Should go back to the old system of applying for all away games at the start of the season and then let the club dish them out fairly among all applicants. Everyone who subscribed to away tickets on the CCCS was guaranteed one out of the two away Old Firms as well with this. Perhaps they can use the tiers to determine eligibility for Cat A games or number of tickets people are allocated etc

Away games aren't necessarily the issue I don't think, it's points associated with away games. 12k-15k out of 50k members applying - how many are just applying for the points? There would never be second or third ballots if this wasn't the case.

Make it a seperate scheme and do away with the associated points.

If they change it from a points down system what’s the point in being in Mygers if you’re not gold as you’re never getting a ticket for any away game while Gold just pull further away
I'm not a MyGers member but from some of the suggestions in this thread I think there's a fair bit of " I'm all right Jack,fvck you"

It wouldn't bother me but I think outside of doing random checks it would be unworkable with how many staff and stewards would be needed.
Even just the idea of collecting it with ID would put off a huge percentage who have no intention of going, but would get it delivered then sell it on. Random spot checks at the game seems unlikely to work, but when I went to see Ajax play they had proper stewards doing proper checks on people before going in. It can happen, it just doesn't.

Should go back to the old system of applying for all away games at the start of the season and then let the club dish them out fairly among all applicants. Everyone who subscribed to away tickets on the CCCS was guaranteed one out of the two away Old Firms as well with this. Perhaps they can use the tiers to determine eligibility for Cat A games or number of tickets people are allocated etc
Away CCCS seems better compared to MyGers due to the change in allocations and less club/ corporate use back then. If the club could get clubs to increase allocations to how they were then MyGers would be a lot more popular even with the current system.

Away CCCS seems better compared to MyGers due to the change in allocations and less club/ corporate use back then. If the club could get clubs to increase allocations to how they were then MyGers would be a lot more popular even with the current system.
This is the big thing mate. There's clubs and supports out there who would rather see seats empty in their ground than give tickets to us, even though it goes against financial sense.

They've always disliked us, but the 2012 EBT thing really damaged the mindset of Scottish football, the much used phrase 'hating itself to death' springs to mind.

The club are really up against it trying to persuade these people into giving us bigger allocations and all the wee proposed schemes to 'build bridges' are just pissing in the wind sadly.

We'll never be able to satisfy the demand for away tickets given the size of our support and the dingy grounds we have in Scotland. That's a fact to start with.

However the stance that other clubs are increasingly taking with regards to cutting away allocations is utterly bonkers. I understand why St Mirren, for example, don't want us having both ends of the ground. But at least they give us a whole end. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen are all guilty of reducing allocations despite the fact that they nowhere near sell out their ground. This needs highlighting more.

The starting point for the Club is that they won't want to jeopardise 50k MyGers members leaving in droves. For that reason, they will always maintain a lottery of sorts for Bronze to be able to get away tickets. Top down for Europe, Hampden and Parkhead already rules out the majority of MyGers members.

For Europe I think we need to bring back a Travel Club system. Additional fee, random or proper checks on tickets to ensure that those who buy the tickets are the ones who actually travel.

This is the big thing mate. There's clubs and supports out there who would rather see seats empty in their ground than give tickets to us, even though it goes against financial sense.

They've always disliked us, but the 2012 EBT thing really damaged the mindset of Scottish football, the much used phrase 'hating itself to death' springs to mind.

The club are really up against it trying to persuade these people into giving us bigger allocations and all the wee proposed schemes to 'build bridges' are just pissing in the wind sadly.
Its not just us anymore impacted. Hearts and Aberdeen would take more to matches against each other but both have limited allocations now as the clubs can't agree sensible solutions and play in grounds under capacity for no reason.

The league rules need changed to have a minimum number and we could be putting forward the case for it. We should never have agreed to the old firm compromise as it would have been better having rules from the league for all games.

So is it just your Donald Duck in a ballot at present?

try being in top tier and getting nowt

High silver . 1 last year and 1 the year before. I always got hamdump. View it as a tax on them tickets.

Your last line has been attempted and been a complete disaster.

Too much admin for the club. Although I know some English clubs have started going down this route.
That’s my issue they are making an additional 2M per season and not underpinning that extra revenue with the resource to manage it efficiently.
2M a year and in return we are getting a ticket office you can’t phone and an unwillingness to pay for certain things that would tighten up the scheme.
Such as % ticket checks with ID for domestic and pick up with ID when away in Europe.

Back