Next Season

Bluenose Whistler

I know it is a bit early but as the bias continues especially with the appointed of the worst referee in Scottish Football history, any predictions on the opening day fixtures?
I predict scum fc will be at home against the winner of the Play - Off game to gift them a 3 point start and plenty of goals for their difference going forward, we will be away to 3rd placed Hearts, a tough venue with a lot of new players trying to bed in with existing players.
Will be one of the Opus Dei cabal of refs to ensure things go to plan.....at both venues.
Any suggestion that the Super Duper League Fixtures Computer is random is false the covid season confirmed that, when the Lurgan Bigot 'suggested' that the first OF game at Palace Stein be played later to allow any chance of fans being allowed in, and quelle suprise was matchday 8 in late October when usually last week in August/first week in September as has 'randomly' been selected for seasons before/after.
Someone has to create the computer programme for these to be random and I am sure Shifty Mc Ginty helps with this.
Hopefully we will get the chance to have a fair go to win the league next season with the cinch deal now ended and the chance of plain red,white,& blue non cinch ribbons adorning the League trophy to further embarras our brass neck SPFL board.

The league was lost on the park we failed to beat Celtic in 4 matches and dropped points to Aberdeen twice,Dundee and 11th placed Ross County who scored 3 goals in 20 mins after being 1v0 up spare me the shite our players are serial losers accept they need removed if we ever want to win another league title

Our group option will be Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibs & Motherwell although very unlikely it will be them

Their group option will be Aberdeen Dundee United Hearts Hibs Motherwell & Rangers however unlikely to play us and can't play Dundee United as they have home game as well

At no time have they claim it random otherwise you would have things like above or knowing you are home in the 1st game

Who actually cares who and when we play the teams. With the wages we pay we should easily be taking care of every other team in this league.

Embarrassing levels of straw clutching here.

Who actually cares who and when we play the teams. With the wages we pay we should easily be taking care of every other team in this league.

Embarrassing levels of straw clutching here.
Hardly straw clutching trying to gage how based on previous seasons the opening day fixtures roll out when has the previous season league winners ever had to play their first fixture away when there is a flag unfurling day?
When we won 55 , we had a hard game on opening day against a top 6 team of previous season they got I think the second bottom team from previous season.

When we won 55 , we had a hard game on opening day against a top 6 team of previous season they got I think the second bottom team from previous season.
We humped Livi at home and they got pumped at Tynecastle.

The fixtures aren't random and they don't pretend they are.

Couldn’t give a toss about next season right now, still raging about this one and can’t say I’m that confident about winning two cups.

Our fitness let us down as the season went on.

Being outpaced, outran and losing the physical battles to the likes of County, Dundee and Motherwell was poor to watch.

This cannot happen next season.

It's fairly simple. We need to go out and win near enough every game. We also need to beat celtic, most likely twice.

If we can't do that then we don't deserve to win the league.

Our fitness let us down as the season went on.

Being outpaced, outran and losing the physical battles to the likes of County, Dundee and Motherwell was poor to watch.

This cannot happen next season.
safe to think a PC pre season will be quite a bit different to a Beale pre season, it's vital we get that spot on (and that's before players in and out etc) to give the manager a chance to play the way he wants us to play for the rest of the season, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised

Hardly straw clutching trying to gage how based on previous seasons the opening day fixtures roll out when has the previous season league winners ever had to play their first fixture away when there is a flag unfurling day?
This is quite a tragic outlook.

Now it's the fixtures to blame :D

It's time the players AND some supporters stopped shitting themselves about who we play and when. Be nice if our attitude was to back ourselves for a change.

In Scotland it is traditional for the previous season winners to have home game to kick-off

As posted - in 2021 we had Livingston at home while they were at Hearts on opening day

It’ll be computer generated and fair - we will be away to Killie or Aberdeen.
Aberdeen maybe but not Kilmarnock as the fixture will be Rangers v Kilmarnock in the 1st batch of 11 rounds

Options are in post 5 for both clubs

Last edited:
This is quite a tragic outlook.

Now it's the fixtures to blame :D
Where have I blamed the fixtures for Rangers performance over a season, my point was that the fixtures generated by the computer are meant to be random but someone has to programme it, we used to get City Derby weekends in Glasgow, Edinburgh , Dundee when both teams available was that random?
Usually our opening day game is as runner up previously, a game against a top six team the previous season, whereas that mob get a home game against a team finishing in bottom six, I may be wrong here but I am sure one year we went to Pittodrie (Gerards first game) whilst they hosted Accies and scored SIX or something to boost their GD straight away, I do not have timmy tendancies and know every stat about us, my life has other things to remember, however as per usual anything paedo fc want/suggest happens so delaying home game v us to October and the computer assists, trying to highlight where the SPFL Board falls over itself again to assist them compared to 2008 no extension, Phil O'Donnell death postponement to help out their personnel availability, most first OF games traditionally are end of August start September.
The start of the season is paramount in bedding in new players doing this away from home is harder than playing at home especially with the likes of Clancy/O' Connor at Pittodrie picking on Alfredo to handicap us and red card later downgraded to yellow but damage done.

As Rangers will be playing European football in August they will give us the more demanding SPL teams to play just after the European games.

Back