Next season's goalkeeper

Replacing Davis and McGregor when they decide to finish up is key to our future success seems like it will take a bit of investment to replace them adequately

We seem to have such a togetherness at the whole club just now, and strong links all the way from the first team to the younger boys. I love the idea that the more senior players, particularly McGregor and Davis, can be passing on all their knowledge and skills and just setting a good example to young guys coming up. The longer they’re around, even if they need less game time as time goes on, the better for me.

Shagger has barely got his gloves dirty this season. Believe he has a slight shoulder strain from leaning against his post for 85 minutes of every game. Will be good to go again next time.

Shagger will want a crack at the CL next year, cant see him turning down that chance.

He does demand perfection though, and I think if he starts to feel himself not performing well then he will be the first to admit it and head off to a well deserved retirement.

Shagger to play every game while we're still in Europe. McLaughlin to get his 10apps so he gets his medal, deserves that. Same keepers next year, with scouting in future options or bosmans in January.

As good as shagger is, he gives me the fear when coming for a cross ball
When we do replace him I’d like a keeper that’s as good as him but can also own his 6-yard box at corners

A keeper as good as him and yet better at crosses is something we will never be able to afford, unless we get really lucky.

McGregor is a competitive animal and I can’t imagine he wants to stop playing now, ever! So he’d definitely be up for the CL and will be #1 next season I am sure.

McGregor has been phenomenal this year. It must be up there with the season of his life. So many game changing saves he has made.

His experience is vital. Classic example is his game management. That ridiculous 5 yard offside that they let play on the other night. When he grabbed the ball and the flag eventually goes up. 1st thing he does is throw the ball 10 yards forward up the pitch to waste time and gain some yards. Always completely switched on to what is happening around him.

Delighted he will go down in history as one of the squad to win back the title after so long.

McGregor is right up there equal with the greatest goalkeepers we have had at Rangers.

It will be down to how McGregor wants, but for what it's worth McLaughlin has been steady when playing and has not had any bad game when he has played.
I would be confident with him doing the job between the sticks.

Back