Bassey
Barisic
Kamara
Davis
Aribo
Sakala
Itten
Wright

Hopefully Ramsey getting a decent run from the bench , wouldn’t risk roofe or helander

I’d go with:

McLaughlin

Zukowski
Goldson
King
Barisic

Davis
Arfield

Amad
Lowry
Sakala

Morelos

Get Ramsey some more minutes again from a very strong bench.

Ramsey really should start but given the plastic pitch is it worth risking him? I’m probably just being paranoid but we seem to be unlucky with injuries on they pitches.
I can remember only one injury we attributed to a plastic pitch- Murphy at Rugby Park. I'm not sure about it myself. We get plenty of injuries on grass pitches - another one tonight.

I can remember only one injury we attributed to a plastic pitch- Murphy at Rugby Park. I'm not sure about it myself. We get plenty of injuries on grass pitches - another one tonight.
I think I’m also confusing it with ryan jack who we used to frequently leave out the team when playing on plastic due to not wanting to risk him.

I think I’m also confusing it with ryan jack who we used to frequently leave out the team when playing on plastic due to not wanting to risk him.
We often call for them to be left out on here but I'm not sure how often Managers actually do it, or even what the evidence is that artificial pitches cause more injuries. Ransay isnt injured he's just not match fit.

Dunno what I'd do in midfield, so I'm not about to post an xi, but lowry has to get another wee run for me, ideally from the start. definitely want to see Diallo Itten Wright Sakala Davis Ramsey and Roofe get some minutes.
I'd say this is a harder one to pick than against stirling!

We often call for them to be left out on here but I'm not sure how often Managers actually do it, or even what the evidence is that artificial pitches cause more injuries. Ransay isnt injured he's just not match fit.
I think we have left Helander and Jack out often when playing on them to prevent a recurrence/ flair up. Some studies have shown that they can increase the risk of ankle sprains and muscle soreness is increased in duration after playing on them.
I don’t think its serious though but it’s probably an area that needs more proper investigation as I know a recent PFA study found the majority of players don’t like playing on them.

Sources: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25644277/; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2577464/

McLaughlin
Zukowski Goldson King Barisic (begrudgingly)
Sands Davis Ramsey
Amad Itten Sakala

Lowry and Roofe to get some game time.

Jon, Tav, King, Goldson, Bassey, Lundstram, Lowry, Ramsay, Sakala, Roofe and Diallo.
King and Lowry a must.

McLaughlin

Zukowski
Goldson
Sands
Bassey

Lundstram
Arfield
Lowry

Fashion
Itten
Amad

If it’s all about minutes then rather than risking it, I imagine we’d be much better served organising a bounce game for the likes of Helander, Ramsey.
On cup weekend I’m sure we could find an opponent.
You could argue over competitiveness but fitness seems to be the priority.

itten will start , roofe wont be risked.
At what point do we ask what is the point in having Kemar Roofe? He can’t be “ risked” on Astro turf, bad conditions, he played at the piggery and didn’t touch the ball, and is constantly out injured. Nothing against the guy but when you see guys like for example Goldson, Tavernier, Morelos they are robust footballers who get kicked as much as anyone and still they are there every week. I get that injuries happen but at some point we need to say there are guys collecting a huge wage and basically miss half of our games through not being robust enough

Many wanting King to start I’m not so sure. Seen him a few times now and he’s not ready but only my opinion. He was poor for the U19s the other day needs time.

It seems that the consensus is there will be a number of changes to give game time or avoid injuries. We don't want to be taking this one for granted mind. Plastic pitch. Small ground. Probably rotten weather. We need a professional performance.

______________McLaughlin

Zakowski___Goldson____King____Barisic

___________Ramsey___Kamara

Dallio___________Lowry___________Sakala

_________________Roofe

This is probably the last chance we have to rest key players & get a good amount of minutes into those who need it.

All the big hitters on the bench just incase.

I’d make 9 changes and give the guys a well earned rest.

McLaughlin

Tavernier
King
Goldson
Barisic

Davis
Sands

Sakala
Roofe
Wright

Itten

That team should be more than enough and I’d replace Goldson after an hour with either Simpson or Helander and also give the Polish right back 20 minutes in place of Tav. Hopefully give Ramsey and Diallo half an hour as well.

Would like to see Sands at centre half. We need an option to allow Bassey to stay at left back if Borna's poor form persists and Helander isn't ready to play much of a part for the rest of the season. That and Ramsey getting at least half an hour. Relaxed about the rest.

McLaughlin
Tav Bassey Sands Barisic
Lundstram Lowry Davis
Diallo Itten Roofe

If that team can't hammer Annan then some of those players won't be here in the summer (yes yes, Diallo is on loan). If Davis isn't available, Ramsey.

McLaughlin
Zukowski
Simpson
King
Borna
Sands
Davis
Diallo
Lowry
Sakala
Itten

I'd like to see close to:

GK - McCrorie - more game time the better to see if he's up to it

RB Zukowski
CB King
CB Bassey
LB Borna - (or is new lad even a shout?)

DM Davis
DM Sands

RW Amad
LW Lowry

SS Roofe (Let Roofe play behind the striker as a shadow striker / free role)

ST Sakala (Don't even mind if Alfie plays again to keep him firing)

Ramsey on a plastic pitch?
I’d protect him from that.
He does really badly need game time though
12 league games left doesn’t look like he’s starting anytime soon.
Next league match is against Dundee United on Feb 20th.
Would like to see get the the entire second half
He needs minutes asap, we only have 12 league games left now.

Plastic pitch or not he needs to play.

McLaughlin
Zukowski Goldson* King Barasic
Davis Sands
Diallo Lowry Sakala
Roofe**

* Helander on for Goldson at half time
** Itten on for Roofe after 60

Would be inclined, result depending, on bringing on another 3 youth players on the periphery but suspect that won't happen when Wright could be doing with game time as well.

Back