Nico Raskin very good

BigBlueAngus

Maybe smacks of grasping for positives, but I thought Raskin was great when he came on.
Won the ball back plenty, pressed their midfield, and got us going forward time and again.

Showed much more than Lundstram has for weeks and weeks.

He looked much more like the player we saw at times last season. Here's hoping he keeps it up over the next few games. I think he could be one worth keeping around.

No no no no no. Not good enough. Why is he being lobbed in away to them out the blue? Baffling decision like the rest of the decisions today.
I think he could be good enough, so I'll politely disagree with your first point.

I think he should have featured far more than he has done since his return from injury. Lundstram has been dire for a long time and a duo of him and Diomande simply doesn't work.

He was thrown in today because Lundstram got himself sent off and we have no other midfielders.

The bar was low. His first touch was laughable. He actually pushed better players out the way of situations that the manager wanted to be doing the job.

Tried to push Jack Butland out the way on 93 minutes at the corner.

Would not get on Celtics bench

Forget.

No no no no no. Not good enough. Why is he being lobbed in away to them out the blue? Baffling decision like the rest of the decisions today.
Not sure you and I watched the same game. He did exactly what was needed, closed them down quickly when the had the ball. Put out a leg or fouled when they looked like passing him and moved into open space when we got possession. His first touch and distribution could be better but he, with Sterling, got how to play them today.

He's always looked good off the ball, so was suited to 10 men. It's in the other games where we need him to play through the lines and build attacks that he's been crap.

I'm glad he played well when he came on, but already seen people on Twitter blaming Phil for not playing him more, that's on Raskins performances not Phil.

I think he could be good enough, so I'll politely disagree with your first point.

I think he should have featured far more than he has done since his return from injury. Lundstram has been dire for a long time and a duo of him and Diomande simply doesn't work.

He was thrown in today because Lundstram got himself sent off and we have no other midfielders.

When Clement came in he was rotating half the squad with the exception of Lundstram, Goldson & Tav.

Now Lundstram, for all his faults, is a big reason we got back into a title “fight” but we ran him into the ground as his performances over the last couple weeks have showed. There are games or points in games when you rest him or sub him.

We’ve seen him and Raskin can’t play together, so you alternate them. It’s no surprise Raskin looked better without Lundstram along side him.

He’s never looked good enough and unlikely he’s the answer to our problems.

You can take any player in our squad in and out week to week and they’re either being lambasted for being shite or the answer to our prayers the next on a rotation.

Truth is our whole squad has about two players who look the right level in Butland and Sterling. Outwith that and loan players we can’t expect to have there’s nobody we’d worry about leaving or that shouldn’t be replaceable with better.

He’s never looked good enough and unlikely he’s the answer to our problems.

You can take any player in our squad in and out week to week and they’re either being lambasted for being shite or the answer to our prayers the next on a rotation.

Truth is our whole squad has about two players who look the right level in Butland and Sterling. Outwith that and loan players we can’t expect to have there’s nobody we’d worry about leaving or that shouldn’t be replaceable with better.
Yeah I'd agree here. I think my wider point would be that Raskin is way down the list in terms of problems that need fixing right away. He's got a contribution to make, above a fair few others. Of course we could do better.

Not Raskins biggest fan but at least showed some effort today and was willing to get in the faces of their lot. Something we haven't seen in a while from these players

So you’d rather he started Lundstrum ahead of him? Clement has a blind spot to Lundstrum, should have been dropped weeks ago in favour of Raskin.
No - this was a problem that needed addressed in January. We are paying the neck end of 80-100k a week for Lundstram / Raskin / Jack and none of them are anywhere close to being good enough for us.

"Lunny" is a "good lad" who's well liked by the Manager and playeds, and other than that I can see no justification or reason for him playing.

He's been rubbish for ages and clearly called it in, had a purple patch before that playing for a new deal. And other than that and the purple patch with the excitement of the Europa run, he's been rubbish on a whole and nowhere near worth his wage.

All we he's gone the better.

Raskin by virtue of giving a shit and trying alone is a better option .

Maybe smacks of grasping for positives, but I thought Raskin was great when he came on.
Won the ball back plenty, pressed their midfield, and got us going forward time and again.

He looked much more like the player we saw at times last season. Here's hoping he keeps it up over the next few games. I think he could be one worth keeping around.
Agreed mate he put boggle eyes convicted drink driver McGregor in his place when he came on , if he was on fae the start he would have ragdolled the drunk driver , Raskin is strong and has no fear something we are lacking in.

He did ok when he got on. Also looked a lot sharper last couple of times he’s got on as a sub.

Big Phil and will still prefer Lundstram over him in final and have same sh*t show of a set up roundabout him.

He made a huge difference especially as they were blowing out their arse

Will replace JL in next two games and should start the Final.
That was his swansong today I think.

Lundstram's tackle was madness but due to Diomande doing his invisible man again, Lundstram was playing their midfield on his own.

Raskin would be a major upgrade on Diomande imo.

Lundstram's tackle was madness but due to Diomande doing his invisible man again, Lundstram was playing their midfield on his own.

Maybe so mate but I don't really want to see JL come back into the team for the final either so I think he needs to try a midfield three for the next two games that he intends to play in the Final.
Squad that pish that there no perfect solutions tbf

Its scary, I cannot disagree with any of that and that’s while I’m slaughtering Raskin for pushing players out the way without having the quality to do it in the first place. I dont believe Raskin gets on the Celtic bench.

The Danilo game against Hearts in winter that started all this was lost until Raskin bust his knee and someone introduced the manager to Ryan Jack.

Another overhyped dud who thinks he's better than he is. Might get his move to Chelsea based on today?

Raskin should be in the team ahead of Lundstram every week, folks saying he’s not good enough probably didn’t like Lewis Ferguson either. Lundstram in team due to his fitness stats (presumably doesn’t include sprinting), and his usual good wee spell before turning to shĩt.

Considering how poor Lundstram has been before today it’s a worry that Clement hadn’t dropped him, clearly a favourite whilst Raskin isn’t.

Hopefully we’ve withdrawn any contract offer.

Last edited:
Maybe so mate but I don't really want to see JL come back into the team for the final either so I think he needs to try a midfield three for the next two games that he intends to play in the Final.
Squad that pish that there no perfect solutions tbf

I want to win that final mate and want the best players in each position to start.

Unless something dramatic happens with Diomade's performances before the SC Final, then I don't see him in our strongest 11.

I want to win that final mate and want the best players in each position to start.

Unless something dramatic happens with Diomade's performances before the SC Final, then I don't see him in our strongest 11.
Yeah correct. And in a two as Phil has been playing the it should be Sterling and Raskin now. If a three man midfield I'd still put Dio in too, if it two and a ten then it would be Sterling and Raskin with either Cantwell or Lawrence as per.
JL should be nowhere to be seen. Imo of course.

Really good when he came on

Back