Nicolás Otamendi

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I can’t be the only one who’s perplexed at how he’s managed to carve out the career he has, getting regular games for Valencia, Man City and Argentina. I struggle to think of another centre half who plays for top teams and makes as many calamitous errors are he does. Regularly drops his team in the shit playing slack passes out from the back, constantly over commits and makes rash tackles (often in and around the penalty area too) and what’s worse is he often does it in big games. An absolute diddy.

Incidentally when I was thinking about this It reminded me of Senderos, another diddy who has a CV which beggars belief.

Never saw tonight's game (daughters birthday family dinner) he must have been rid rotten if he's getting compared to that useless cuntvSenderos :))

Probably very lazy, but ultimately, he can play football...in whatever guise that is.

Add into that Stones or Phil Jones or John O'Shea at Man Utd.

The list is endless that makes you wonder how the fck they made it.

Never rated him. Argentina will never win a World Cup no matter how many Messis, Agueros and Dybalas they have up front as long as they have donkeys like him at the back.
Guys like Passarella must cringe when they see him in the team.

Man City have a great team but with a few absolute sub-standard central defenders.

I wouldn’t even say Laporte is top class. He’s the best they have though.

Man City have a great team but with a few absolute sub-standard central defenders.

I wouldn’t even say Laporte is top class. He’s the best they have though.

I think Laporte is very good, if not top bracket.Seems to be very good positionally.

I disagree. He's had a few glaring errors, for sure, but he's an absolute warrior too.

Put him in a team with less pressure to play out from the back and he becomes one of the best again.

I can’t be the only one who’s perplexed at how he’s managed to carve out the career he has, getting regular games for Valencia, Man City and Argentina. I struggle to think of another centre half who plays for top teams and makes as many calamitous errors are he does. Regularly drops his team in the shit playing slack passes out from the back, constantly over commits and makes rash tackles (often in and around the penalty area too) and what’s worse is he often does it in big games. An absolute diddy.

Incidentally when I was thinking about this It reminded me of Senderos, another diddy who has a CV which beggars belief.

I actually bumped into Senderos in Spain yesterday. He really isn’t the most physical looking of defenders.

Mustafi is another one.

He is a far better defender than Senderos, who for me has always been pish but he is either strong and reliable or dropping major clangers. A better comparison would be Luiz.

I’ve always been saying City won’t be near lifting CL with him and the 2 full backs. Losing Kompany doesn’t help as he was the rock when he played that helped the others. Don’t even get me started on Mendy. A wage thief who would rather be on Instagram than train and force his way back in.

Don't think he is a bad defender he was brilliant at Valencia but is not World Class which means he is out of place at City

It amazes me the money clubs like City spend and they still have some very average players.

Otamendi and Stones will cost City the league in my opinion. Good players yes but not the level required consistently to win a league. Putting Kyle Walker and Fernandinho in there also won’t work.

Think City will really regret not replacing Kompany and getting a fourth centre back with the injury to Laporte. Expect them to try and spend big in January but not sure who they could get that wouldn’t be cup tied for CL.

Otamendi and Stones will cost City the league in my opinion. Good players yes but not the level required consistently to win a league. Putting Kyle Walker and Fernandinho in there also won’t work.

Think City will really regret not replacing Kompany and getting a fourth centre back with the injury to Laporte. Expect them to try and spend big in January but not sure who they could get that wouldn’t be cup tied for CL.

Guys like him and Kyle Walker will ensure they never get that CL trophy they want. they’ll always be caught out against the stronger sides in Europe, same with Barca and their diddy defence, they learn no lessons.

Back