Nnamdi Ofoborh back playing football

100%.

Can you imagine the furore up here about big bad Rangers playing a guy with a known heart condition who has a cardiac arrest during a game? We’d be slaughtered by all and sundry.
Nothing to do with being up here, any club in that situation would get heavy grief for that.

Good luck to him.

Good luck to the boy , but we sure have bad luck when we’ve signed players over the years , there’s been a few..

Good luck to the guy.

Must have been frustrating for him. One set of Dr's saying he can play and other Dr's saying he can't. However the Dr's saying he can't had more influence with the club.

I think we made the correct choice, it was too risky.

He had three medicals the season before he joined us and not one flagged the issue, he had one in pre season at Bournemouth, Wycombe before joining them and one for signing with us.

We tested him again come the summer and the issue came up, our medical department saved him.
Which suggests most medicals aren't of sufficient quality to identify an issue like this. In terms of saving him, he is playing again without having any major surgery so not sure what we saved him from.

What absolute mince. Italy has the stringest medical regarding heart testing, yet Christian Eriksen managed to pass medicals to sign for Ajax, Spurs and Inter before his heart attack.
It is possible to have an undisclosed condition which medicals miss. Oboforh only had a problem during pre season training, and our medical team took the ultra cautious approach to his fitness. As previous poster said, can you imagine the hysteria if we let him play and he had an incident.
Good luck to the boy
The reason the issue only showed up in preseason is exactly the point i'm making that current medicals are not good enough.

These heart issues only show up when put under game type conditions there is extensive research on this so that would need to change.

Nobody wants to see a player hit the deck like that and I hope he can kick start his career, but he did post some strange comments about his treatment here so more to the story than we know.

good luck to the lad. This is his livelihood he is trying to rebuild

That's really all that has to be said.

Which suggests most medicals aren't of sufficient quality to identify an issue like this. In terms of saving him, he is playing again without having any major surgery so not sure what we saved him from.

The same fate that Eriksen, Muamba, Maher, Foe is what he was saved from. He’s lucky he’s been able to return like a few others like Eriksen and Blind not many are.

Regarding the quality of testing, I’ve got a heart condition and one in 4 appointments with my cardiologist and they can’t spot the issue, so it is easy to miss depending on the issue.

Back