Nnamdi Ofoborh

I wish the man no ill but it raises a question to me, who did the medical and how did he pass it? He’s not the first lad we’ve signed who has turned out to be injured and rarely plays or plays breaks down gets fits plays break down.

Pretty sure i read he needed a full year out before playing again, cant remember when he signed or when the condition was found, but we might have outgrown his talent, just dont know if he is a player or not . Always present at matches which is good to see he has a passion for us.

I'm still not sure how folk don't understand this.

Player arrives, passes medical, heart issue shows during other club fitness/monitoring actives. A medical will not show every illness under the sun, I'm not sure why folk think it does.

Club will then, as per insurance and actually being decent normal people, try and get him to recover, taking as long as it needs.

Player will recover hopefully, then also with hope perform for us. Jobs a good un. Or player doesn't recover, we continue to assist with medical situation, player reaches final year of contract and we offer terms if player is satisfied it is best for both parties. All of this is amicable and how its done.

For about the 100th time...

For starters one scored a goal in a European final this week and one was top scorer in the same competition despite being a right back.

Different definition of success but the likes of Halliday, Windass, Waghorn were also all successes and brought in for a limited outlay.

Easy to cherry pick the very few success is exactly the point I was getting to. These kind of signings more often tend not amount to anything, I hope Ofoborh turns into another Tav and Aribo, but I have my doubts.

I'm still not sure how folk don't understand this.

Player arrives, passes medical, heart issue shows during other club fitness/monitoring actives. A medical will not show every illness under the sun, I'm not sure why folk think it does.

Club will then, as per insurance and actually being decent normal people, try and get him to recover, taking as long as it needs.

Player will recover hopefully, then also with hope perform for us. Jobs a good un. Or player doesn't recover, we continue to assist with medical situation, player reaches final year of contract and we offer terms if player is satisfied it is best for both parties. All of this is amicable and how its done.

For about the 100th time...
But a few posters have said we should release him so you're obviously wrong...

Folk seem to think that you can just release a player who's under contract without any issue or significant financial compensation being paid to the player. Ofoborh is under contract until 2025, so unless we're wanting to pay a large amount of three more seasons wages to him then he's going nowhere.

Probably the same folk that rabbit on about selling Helander, Jack and Roofe because they're constantly out injured. Show me a club that's going to sign them based on their injury records? Unfortunately not every club is as stupid as us when it comes to signing cripples.

Back