No delayed kick off?

Bigbluebear

There must have been thousands of people who missed the minutes silence tonight. I got to my seat literally as the whistle was blown after running round the entire stadium (via Copland road) to get in on time. Poor poor call not to delay kick off by 15 minutes or so. Might have helped with the near disaster at the Copland end as well if people knew they had a bit more time to get into the ground.

Reactions: dmg
Dafties not knowing the barriers are up derailed my arrival time as much as the traffic did, albeit the traffic really is a complete and utter disgrace

Dafties not knowing the barriers are up derailed my arrival time as much as the traffic did, albeit the traffic really is a complete and utter disgrace
Didn’t know the barriers were up or did but had decided there plans were final and weren’t changing and everyone else would have to make sure they followed

Didn’t know the barriers were up or did but had decided there plans were final and weren’t changing and everyone else would have to make sure they followed
We’re ripping back around the Govan roaring “fucking cnts every time I come the barriers are up” aye someone literally said that going past me :)):))

THe kick off time wasn't a secret, the club advised people to get there early. Why should the majority who have adhered to that have to wait on the minority who didn't prepare properly ?
That message came pretty late and via email , I seen it but know for a fact my dad and many others like him will not have .

Being nightshift and having to leave early as it was, I’m glad there was no delayed kick off. I seen the weather and was aware of COP26 disruption so left the house in plenty of time.

We had to get off the Subway at West Street and walk as it had broken down. Staff made no indication the train would be moving any time soon and we couldn’t guarantee getting there in time by going back the other way.

We ended up missing kick off because of it.

Was in the car 2 hours, the traffic was horrific. Normally it takes about 45mins and a 15 min walk. I ended up 15mins late, so i did leave earlier. Flooding, car broke fown on m74, more flodding at Dumbreck, it wasnt normal delays. The barrier didnt help but there were hundreds still going in when i was. Defo think they should have delayed 15mins.

Was in the car 2 hours, the traffic was horrific. Normally it takes about 45mins and a 15 min walk. I ended up 15mins late, so i did leave earlier. Flooding, car broke fown on m74, more flodding at Dumbreck, it wasnt normal delays. The barrier didnt help but there were hundreds still going in when i was. Defo think they should have delayed 15mins.
Don't see why they couldn't mate, was a common thing thing back in the day.

THe kick off time wasn't a secret, the club advised people to get there early. Why should the majority who have adhered to that have to wait on the minority who didn't prepare properly ?
Apart for the fact that my normal 20 minute drive to Ibrox took an hour and fifteen minutes and that due to the barrier walking round to Govan rear took about ten minutes at least you mean? I left in what I thought was plenty of time allowing for all this and was in my seat just minutes before KO. There was a boy in a motorised wheel chair who couldn't move as the people taking pictures of the tributes at the gate and all the supporters from the subway coming down it was so busy he couldn't get passed

Last edited:
We had to get off the Subway at West Street and walk as it had broken down. Staff made no indication the train would be moving any time soon and we couldn’t guarantee getting there in time by going back the other way.

I was on that subway too mate - a right pain in the ar*e!
Me and my son ended up walking straight down to Morrison St and jumped a bus - got off at Govan Town Hall and made it around 10 mins prior to kick off.

Did the club release any communication regarding barriers being up? They usually do but i didn't see anything yesterday. We were stopped that way from getting to seat in BR5 and then police would not let us get round by going by John Greig statue either. Had to go round Edminston House meaning we missed the silence.

You should have stayed on, it started going again not long after.

Did the club release any communication regarding barriers being up? They usually do but i didn't see anything yesterday. We were stopped that way from getting to seat in BR5 and then police would not let us get round by going by John Greig statue either. Had to go round Edminston House meaning we missed the silence.
Yes they mentioned it in the supporter information email yesterday afternoon.

I made it in time for kick of just and that was me leaving earlier than usual and having to deal with cancelled trains and getting chucked of a broken down subway at West Street. Other folk maybe weren't so lucky to make it in time due to their travel issues

I missed the first half due to the nonsense in and about Shawlands. Don’t think a delayed kickoff would of helped me to be fair!

You would have probably been quicker going in the opposite direction round the whole loop again than walking.

I may have jinxed you. I was working late last night and knew the traffic was going to be horrendous so considered parking at Shields Rd park and ride. In the end I thought knowing my luck the subway would close due to flooding or something the way the everything else around the city was. Decided to just drive straight to Ibrox. What should have been a 10 min drive took 45 mins.

Left Bristol at 4:20pm and spent longer on the M8 than the flight in from the airport which is a nightmare ( feel sorry for people up there for the next month!) but still made the KO so surely it can be done from most places with a plan.

People work
Most of us work I expect, so what do we do ? have a poll on whet time people leave work and pick the most popular kick off time ?

It's a 7.45 kick off, traffic chaos is well known, weather was shocking all day and Walter had passed - it should have been obvious to everyone to give it at least an extra hour if not more.

Left half an hour earlier than usual and we usually get there 45 mins or upto an hour before kick off and just made it in after the minutes silence and that was rushing.

Roads and flooding around Ibrox were a disgrace and kick off should’ve been delayed for 15 mins.

Left half an hour earlier than usual and we usually get there 45 mins before kick off and just made it in after the minutes silence and that was rushing.

Roads and flooding around Ibrox were a disgrace and kick off should’ve been delayed for 15 mins.
Did you not notice the weather before you left ? half an hour was never going to be enough time

Most of us work I expect, so what do we do ? have a poll on whet time people leave work and pick the most popular kick off time ?

It's a 7.45 kick off, traffic chaos is well known, weather was shocking all day and Walter had passed - it should have been obvious to everyone to give it at least an extra hour if not more.

I left 90 minutes before kick off for an 8 mile journey and got into my seat literally as the whistle was blown.

So behave.

Left at 4pm from Fife and were there in plenty of time, others not so fortunate with work schedules etc. It's a tough call as a delay impacts people getting home - trains etc. could be an issue.

Mate I left Newton Mearns 2 hours before the game and have an Albion car park pass. The traffic was horrendous. We had to detour 3 times due to flooded roads (with cars abandoned at each May I add) and ended up stuck in gridlocked traffic. We missed the minutes silence and arrived in 1 min into the game.

Usually we leave an hour and a half before the game and are parked with 55-60 minutes till kick off. Gives us time to go up to Starbucks for a coffee. The roads were ridiculous and we did prepare properly.

This isn’t a criticism of the club but I’ve missed a good number of midweek kick offs over the years due to traffic issues - the club never delay kick offs (even when TV isn’t a factor).

Lockerbie to junction 4 on m74 takes around an hour and about 80 miles. From there on to Ibrox was tail backs. Was another hour and 20 mins to do around 8 miles. Mind you that's mibi only half an hour more than usual on a week night.

We got caught up in the crowds at the Copland gates 10 mins before kick off but managed to get in to stand at bottom of the stairs in time for minute silence starting.

Was quite clear in the crushing that people were pushing because they were anxious to get in for the minute silence. Given the numbers still outside I think a 5 minute delay with a message broadcast outside would have been the sensible option.

Honestly thought 3 hours was enough time to get to Ibrox from Fife… been fine leaving later for the other night games… got there 15 minutes late

Its not always possible for people. You sound like a proper dickhead tbf

Left the house at 16:30 and got into the ground at 19:20.
The ground was pretty full for the minutes silence, didn't look like there was any reason to delay

Left the house at 16:30 and got into the ground at 19:20.
The ground was pretty full for the minutes silence, didn't look like there was any reason to delay

It looked full due to everybody standing. When folk sat down there was empty seats all over the place.

Even if they delayed kick off by half an hour some people still wouldn't have made it.

They can't just delay the game indefinitely til every single person is in their seat.
They could've delayed by 15 minutes even just to give people a slightly better chance. We arrived about 7.35 but was people just getting in about ten minutes into game where I was

The rain only started about half 2 at Ibrox tbf, its hardly the clubs fault the roads were flooded nearby.

Back