None goalies in goals

PunkScott

Graham Roberts obviously

Ross McCrorie yesterday (bet his brother will be gutted he played in nets before him)

Any others?

Older bears may recall an evening game at Tynecastle when Hearts had a very good team. George Niven got injured in the first half and Bobby Shearer took over in the goal. We had to play for about an hour with ten men as there were no substitutes back then. Seem to think that the score was either 4-0 or 4-1. It was a great night and victory.

Reactions: ao2
I remember reading George Niven got a bad cut on his head in the 1953 Scottish Cup Final v Aberdeen and had to off to get stitched.
Rangers put George Young in goal for 10 - 15 minutes till Niven returned to the field.

Older bears may recall an evening game at Tynecastle when Hearts had a very good team. George Niven got injured in the first half and Bobby Shearer took over in the goal. We had to play for about an hour with ten men as there were no substitutes back then. Seem to think that the score was either 4-0 or 4-1. It was a great night and victory.

October 1960 mate. It was actually Billy Ritchie and the score was 3-1 but I think it's the game you're thinking of. Hearts were the reigning champions too so it was some result.

It happened as well at Parkhead after the McDowall/Woods incident - Ian Ferguson went in goals again. It was either the same season or the next season.

It happened as well at Parkhead after the McDowall/Woods incident - Ian Ferguson went in goals again. It was either the same season or the next season.
I don’t remember Ian Ferguson going in goal at the Piggery but Graham Roberts certainly made a second appearance in goal there in the same season

C5-C843-AC-D05-C-45-BC-B8-AB-812037-E80609.jpg

C722-FD60-2-CD8-4-E9-E-85-AF-A070029-B59-F2.jpg

5-B659-BBF-81-CC-4-EEC-8-B65-01-CCB0-D14-C4-E.jpg

EDD477-D3-15-FE-41-DE-9-C5-F-C9628-B280-A08.jpg

9-D3-EEF98-EAE4-469-E-B3-D7-8-CD4-B9-FB3-DF9.jpg

October 1960 mate. It was actually Billy Ritchie and the score was 3-1 but I think it's the game you're thinking of. Hearts were the reigning champions too so it was some result.
Guess that old guys like me are always likely to struggle with events of of nearly 60 years ago. However, thanks for correcting my lapses in memory but the main thing that I got right was the great result and a very happy journey back home.

davie provan at the piggery
norrie martin got injured and ended up at right wing
george mclean? also injured
wee willie opened the scoring i think
2-1 for them -- glasgow cup ?

WATP

davie provan at the piggery
norrie martin got injured and ended up at right wing
george mclean? also injured
wee willie opened the scoring i think
2-1 for them -- glasgow cup ?

WATP
Best memory of that night,was a bear invading the park, grabbing a corner flag,and chased the alky wife beater with it.unfortunately,Davie Provan(ours) stopped him

Rangers vs Kilmarnock in around 2005 or so at a guess. Lovenkrands was still here so that might date it more accurately. Pretty sure their replacement looked like he'd never been in goals in his life. It was the first game I ever went to alone for some reason when I was a teenager.

Not us but Harry Kane had to go in goal when Lloris got sent off in a European game

Remember watching a champions league qualifier and the ludogorets keeper got sent off so the captain went in goals.

Game went to a penalty shootout and I think he saved 2 penalties.

Think I saw Dean Windass go in goals for Oldham in a game. He might even have saved the penalty that the real goalie conceded to get sent off. I may be wrong though.

Toni Tapalovic a goal keeper and now the GK-Coach from Manuel Neuer at Bayern Munich had to play as a striker once due to the lack of options on the bench in the 3rd German tier.

How many times has that happend in modern football?

Sure Glenn Hoddle ended up in goal for Spurs more than once. Can certainly remember him doing it against Man United in the early 80s.
David Speedie also filled in in goals sometimes.

Sheffield United used to never name a sub goalkeeper if Phil Jagielka was in the starting 11 as he was rated more than capable by the manager.

Back