Norman Hunter v Franny Lee

Graeme Hogg was the recipient of Levein's attack. They were arguing about who was to blame for something and as Hogg turned away Levein launched a haymaker. Broke his jaw if I remember correctly.
The irony of this incident was that a couple of months earlier Big Dunc got cautioned and subsequently jailed for resting his head on McStay.
Levein got no action taken against him for sparking out his team mate.
Some things never change.

Graeme Hogg was the recipient of Levein's attack. They were arguing about who was to blame for something and as Hogg turned away Levein launched a haymaker. Broke his jaw if I remember correctly.
My earlier point was that given it was a pre season friendly it's highly unlikely to have been filmed as someone earlier claimed. Willing to be proved incorrect.

My earlier point was that given it was a pre season friendly it's highly unlikely to have been filmed as someone earlier claimed. Willing to be proved incorrect.
Definitely footage of it at the time. I don't get to many Hearts pre season friendly games.

Anyone remember wee Tommy McLean swapping punches with St Mirren centerback Reid? Must have been 77-78 ish because I remember standing in the Copland end at Ibrox . Bit of a mismatch and big Tam came a running to protect his mate so it stopped, both were sent off, no surprise. :))

Frannie appeared on the following Saturdays Football Preview with a stitched split lip, looking pissed off as hell at the fine he’d been hit with, think it was about 2 weeks wages.

With regard to comments above re fitness, certainly players are more athletic now, but I don’t think they were any less fit back then, taking into account the pitches they had to play on.

Back