Match Thread Northern Ireland v Cyprus - 2pm kick off

Big gogic is a bomb scare at the back, always a good bet to back him to get a booking

Embarrassing again. No heart, no pattern of play. The manager needs to go. Previous successful managers have at least got something out of one or two players, Healy with Sanchez, McAuley with O’Neill. Baraclough had taken nobody forward, and a few seem to have gone backwards.

Embarrassing again. No heart, no pattern of play. The manager needs to go. Previous successful managers have at least got something out of one or two players, Healy with Sanchez, McAuley with O’Neill. Baraclough had taken nobody forward, and a few seem to have gone backwards.
If he doesn’t walk or we don’t sack him after this it’s a joke

Keep your eye on Ballard no 4 decant defender & he's good in the air in front of goal being released by Arsenal definitely do s job for us

These nations league games the last few days have been dreadful and this one is no different. Just about to add that Cyprus arent any good and they’ve just bundled another one in.

Somebody explain the rule to me. How did he not gain an advantage from being in an offside position there? Or does that not matter now?

Two games that kids been caught for a goal.

Not all his fault but how is he even getting games at international level and he doesn't play senior football. Bizarre management

I had an optimistic free fiver from Hills on the Cypriots at 13/2, wish I'd had a wee bit more courage in my convictions.

That's even more embarrassing than that shit show yesterday from Scotland.
Northern Ireland are horrific to watch.

Whilst the manager will carry the blame. Is it not also the case that the team that was successful for NI has now more or less ran its race?
The remaining players from that era are no longer what they were and youngsters and replacements aren't the same level.
The talent pool with national teams like NI mean that they're going to have periods probably quite long periods were they simply don't have the players no matter the manager.

If Davis plays more than 10 games for us we’re fucked guys just constant running by him he’s still class on the ball but he can’t play against any good side for us unless a cameo sub appearances

Northern Irish mate in our chat whenever they play just sends “fucking idiots” out the blue, usually when they concede another goal.

Gave me a wee laugh :))

If Davis plays more than 10 games for us we’re fucked guys just constant running by him he’s still class on the ball but he can’t play against any good side for us unless a cameo sub appearances
Cba with this becoming a Davis thread but he was overall poor last season, few good games towards the end but he’s nowhere a consistent starter.

Was genuinely surprised he didn’t choose to go to Linfield or Ballymena.

Wouldn’t matter if mourinho was in charge,too many players coming to an end and not enough quality to replace them

Back