Northern Ireland v Holland

Apart from the obvious technical skills disparity tonight v Holland also showed the difference in athleticism of the players. Big, strong, muscular and fast Dutch players each and everyone of them. Our culture needs to change in how and what we consume.

Oh, and it was a horrendous penalty by the way. To miss it like that is inexcusable, love the guy to bits, but that was awful.
A bigger game on 8th December lies ahead,indeed important fixtures before that,Steve Davis will not disappoint,he will thrive and win.

A bigger game on 8th December lies ahead,indeed important fixtures before that,Steve Davis will not disappoint,he will thrive and win.

I’m not worried about Davis in the slightest, these things happen. But he’s been there and done it and I have no doubt he’ll step up for us.

Another strong performance against top quality opposition. Place secured in the play-offs where the opposition will be nowhere near as good as the Netherlands.

It's been done since the Norway game when we hadn't scored for 13 (IIRC) games and Healy scored to break that drought. Mind you we did lose 4-1!! Their keeper that night was carrying a bit of weight and so the Kop started chanting you wooooooh fat b*****d at him every time he took a goal-kick. He took it in good spirit even pretending to take a goal-kick and stopping just as the crowd were going into the you fat... bit before giving a round of applause to the Kop after the game, It's continued ever since. Great atmosphere tonight, the place was bouncing from the off. Possibly one of the reasons it is different to Ibrox is that NI do not expect to win every game whereas Rangers do. Therefore the frustration is that much greater when Rangers don't and that comes through in the groans etc from the stands At Windsor we as fans realise we have got to play our part as the boys are usually underdogs and so it is constant encouragement from the stands. It really is a great atmosphere at every home NI game which the players readily acknowledge helps them and one I would love to see replicated at Ibrox for every game not just the bigger ones. Rangers players would definitely benefit. Davo missing the penalty seemed to knock his confidence as there were a few un-Davis like moments following that. The Dutch are a top side however and it was a good point for us. Onward to the play-offs.

Was at the match, atmosphere brilliant as always. Not much to say about penalty, but surprised that the delay to the penalty being taken seemed to effect Davis.
Paddy McNair was brilliant and surely destined for better than Midlesborough

Just home from the game. Entertaining first half but the 2nd was dire. The penalty miss seemed to shake the team and we never recovered. The Dutch are a top team. However they had loads of possession but couldn't get past our defence. I'm off to Germany on Monday for a meaningless game but it has to be done lol!

Great atmosphere last night but a poor match tbh. Must say I was annoyed that Michael didn't even walk round to say thanks to the fans, out to the centre circle then off, bit odd when it was potentially his last match there. I know he doesn't like a fuss, but still...

Great atmosphere last night but a poor match tbh. Must say I was annoyed that Michael didn't even walk round to say thanks to the fans, out to the centre circle then off, bit odd when it was potentially his last match there. I know he doesn't like a fuss, but still...

To me he sounded like he’s got unfinished business to attend to. Reckons he’ll be back.

EJiT8CjXUAIndTe

Great picture at the end of the game last night

Back