Norwich’s starting line up today.

WinkieWATP

Not one player in the starting XI has scored more than one goal.

At this stage of the season that is a remarkable stat :oops:

Outwith the full backs, Cantwell and on occasions Buendia you couldn't see any of them top half. Grant Hanley plays occasionally for them....

Might have to lump on Brighton here.

They relied on Pukki so much, and he was never going to keep up that scoring rate

I have a feeling that if they go down, McLean will end up with us.

Only going on his reaction from the Open Goal podcast, when he was asked.

To be honest, I've liked the way Norwich jave approached it. Gave most of the team who got them there a chance, accepted that relegation was a real possibility before the season even started, and have stayed the course with their long term planning.

Yeah, it might still go wrong, but so many clubs panic and rip everything up, just to end up spending years in the Championship afterwards anyway. Norwich will hopefully take the lessons they've learned and grow from it over the next few years.

To be honest, I've liked the way Norwich jave approached it. Gave most of the team who got them there a chance, accepted that relegation was a real possibility before the season even started, and have stayed the course with their long term planning.

Yeah, it might still go wrong, but so many clubs panic and rip everything up, just to end up spending years in the Championship afterwards anyway. Norwich will hopefully take the lessons they've learned and grow from it over the next few years.

they’ve taken that approach as they went the route of getting in big money players last time they were promoted and ended up putting themselves in a financial mess.

I have a feeling that if they go down, McLean will end up with us.

Only going on his reaction from the Open Goal podcast, when he was asked.
He probably reacted like that becuase he's a massive Rangers fan and would jump at the chance, doesn't mean there's definitely any interest in him though

He splits opinion on here but I really like watching Kenny McLean. Always wants the ball.

Not sure he wins us a Championship or is worth paying a few million for but he's a very good footballer who would I'd definitely take at Rangers.

We should have taken him from St Mirren. Not sure what Norwich would be looking for fee wise?

they’ve taken that approach as they went the route of getting in big money players last time they were promoted and ended up putting themselves in a financial mess.
Its due to them having one of the best DOF's in the UK at the helm.

He won't see years of work thrown away after a bad season/manager or such.

Actually like the way Norwich have approached this season
They fucked their last few promotions by spending on absolute dross and not investing in their facilities and future

Norwich using their EPL money to start to build the club behind the scenes and blooding academy players is admirable

Would far rather the Norwich approach than Villa if I was a fan

Agreed. There's every chance they will go down but if they can keep most of their squad (some will obviously not be keen on dropping a division) they will probably bounce back up with the squad, hopefully, that little bit more developed and capable of staying there next time.

We need goal scoring midfielders rather than a player who is a similar to what we have already, good player all the same. I would rather have Pukki as he would enjoy showing Celtic what they could have had
Pukki would be a great signing tbh, if we got him on the cheap.

1ocimz.jpg

Pukki would be a great signing tbh, if we got him on the cheap.

Not sure about that now. A while ago yes, but having watched Norwich a couple of times since the restart he just seems totally bereft of any footballing intelligence whatsoever. I know confidence is low throughout the squad but %^*& me he's been laughably bad. Sometimes very average players have incredible purple patches for a spell. Rickie Lambert springs to mind.

Not sure about that now. A while ago yes, but having watched Norwich a couple of times since the restart he just seems totally bereft of any footballing intelligence whatsoever. I know confidence is low throughout the squad but %^*& me he's been laughably bad.
I'm going to use some pretty simple logic and I'm sure holes could easily be picked in it, but his record in the championship was phenomenal. Championship is easily spfl level outwith us and them, I think that he'd score a barrel load up here but Norwich may be wanting too much for him.

Norwich didn't go crazy spending this season. With the money they've made and the parachute payments, they should be able to mount a serious promotion bid next season. It will be interesting to see how many players they can retain.

Interesting also that despite also being mired in trouble Brighton are much better than Norwich. Miles ahead.

You're talkin tae somebody that disnae know who you're talkin about.
Wis a Norwich player back in the 70's. May have played with WHU as well. Just a name the when anybody mentions Norwich I think Graham Padden.

They are hopeless, along with Crystal Palace who I watched the other night just dreadful to watch.

Once you get out of the top 4 or 5 teams - who are undoubtedly top quality- you're in free-fall imo

The mid-table teams don't entertain me & by the time you reach Norwich all this 'greatest league in the world' stuff becomes laughable

I, personally, don't think McLean is a good option for us. I see him as another Arfield type player. I think we need better than McLean.
Ok - if we get him for <£500,000 then fair enough as a squad player.
I think that chance of McLean & Rangers has gone, now

Pukki is terrible. He went through a freakish purple patch but he’s reverted to the mean now. His finishing stats are woeful.

Don’t get why anyone would want him. He’s not particularly quick, doesn’t hold the hall up well and has already shown he can’t hack the physicality of Scottish football.

Back