Not signing a number nine in the January window.

As bad as we were at ross county, dessers miss at half time cost us more than today. That then went on to the shitshow at dundee

Dessers scored our winner at St Mirren, 2 at Hampden and again today.
4 goals in the last 4 games.

He's currently got 21 goals this season.

That's a good return for a striker and way better than anyone at the piggery.
The big problem is that he does more negative things.

The big problem is that he does more negative things.

Like what?

Is always fit and available, has the best goals to minutes record out of the strikers in our league this season.
Even today, he scored the one chance that came his way and rarely gave away posession and linked the play whenever he could.

He's quick, works hard and has given Vickers real problems in the last 2 old firm games.

He's far from perfect, but it's been a long time since we had a near perfect striker.

Apparently Silva is a striker......
He can be effective, however for the sole purpose of snatching chances when they come along the guy is entirely what we didn't need.
He's A square peg in a round hole in Scotland..... Fact!

Regardless of who identified him as fit for purpose this was yet another monumental recruitment blunder. It's further proof as if any were needed, our deficiencies at Rangers aren't confined to on the park.

Oh come on, we could have had Haaland or prime Klose upfront today and still lost. The lack of midfield and wide creativity cost us.
Sorry but that's just bollox.

Not saying midfield isn't severely lacking, it is, but the lack of a killer goalscorer has cost this club so dearly it's you actually couldn't put a price on it.

The player we crave doesn't solve all your problems, but in Scottish football at least he would mask a thousand sins.

Th
Sorry but that's just bollox.

Not saying midfield isn't severely lacking, it is, but the lack of a killer goalscorer has cost this club so dearly it's you actually couldn't put a price on it.

The player we crave doesn't solve all your problems, but in Scottish football at least he would mask a thousand sins.
The player you crave doesn't stop our midfield being weak and over run and our wide players lacking creativity

We didn’t drop points gains the likes of Motherwell, Dundee and RC because we didn’t sign a striker in January. So no.

According to quite a few on here we signed Fabio Silva and he was a good signing for our striker position? With Clement also saying he was a striker, even though he has played most games as a left winger lol

The player you crave doesn't stop our midfield being weak and over run and our wide players lacking creativity
Yes but he does win games by taking the numerous chances we do create. The same chances this team have passed up for years. Doesn't mean we're a better team but in Scotland anyway, a more successful one definitely.

Dessers doesn’t feel like the reason we fumbled the title, tbh. Core of the old team is more at fault. Dessers has balls, I’ll take him over Lundstram, Goldson and the rest, next season.

Still, a wee cracker of an additional 9 wouldn’t go amiss

Said it at the time and got pelters for saying Silva is not a number 9!

I know Koppen was just in the door but that's an extremely poor decision

We didn’t drop points gains the likes of Motherwell, Dundee and RC because we didn’t sign a striker in January. So no.
We had plenty of chances we didn’t take v Motherwell, we missed a few v RC and against Dundee we failed to score. A decent striker signed in January could absolutely have made a difference.

Middle to front we have been abysmal for a long time.

A complete lack of mobility and control from our midfielders.

A lack of pace, creativity and goals from most of our wide players and strikers.

Been a theme for several seasons and it's never been properly addressed.
So our back 4 is OK ... that defence is one of the worst I've saw in years .. you build a team from the back always ...

We saw first hand the difference in overall quality between Dessers and Shankland at Hampden a couple of weeks ago.

He probably gives our central defenders one of their easiest games of the season.

That was one game. It might be more relevant to say that he's scored three goals against Celtic and two against in derby matches Hibs, one of which was a winner in the last minute of the game.

I don't rate Shankland particularly highly but a more clinical number 9 than Dessers and we've probably won the league by now.

Could that turn out to be one of the costliest decisions we will ever make or not make as it goes?
100% pal and I started a thread on this at the end of the window only for it to be chopped.

Utterly mental that we did not go for a recognised goal scorer. It has cost us £40m.

How did the back 4 play that day ... what was the score vs 2nd bottom.of the league... dessers is not our biggest problem
He scores and we move on with three points. Hopefully we can sell him as on paper his stats may look good. But he is terrible actually painful to watch. We were looking for goals v kille last week and everyone wanted our no.9 off to achieve that

Like what?

Is always fit and available, has the best goals to minutes record out of the strikers in our league this season.
Even today, he scored the one chance that came his way and rarely gave away posession and linked the play whenever he could.

He's quick, works hard and has given Vickers real problems in the last 2 old firm games.

He's far from perfect, but it's been a long time since we had a near perfect striker.
Thought Dessers done ok today. A thankless task upfront top.

Every successful Rangers team I've watched have had a strong defence. My old man loved big George Young. He wasn't part of the famous iron curtain for nothing.

Get on top of that then build from there.I also agree with the other poster about having a strong spine through the team and build round them. Not seen this for a long time.

He scores and we move on with three points. Hopefully we can sell him as on paper his stats may look good. But he is terrible actually painful to watch. We were looking for goals v kille last week and everyone wanted our no.9 off to achieve that
If you conceded the goals we do ... you have a serious problem... we have done for 3 seasons .. the goals we conceded vs the beasts tells you everything..

Let's blame Dessers for the howlers our defence continues to make. His contribution is better than theirs

Could that turn out to be one of the costliest decisions we will ever make or not make as it goes?
Up there with the decision not to sign Hartson in sheer stupidity and I don't like admitting that as I despise that big helmet now. People on here argued that Shankland couldn't play in our system and that we couldn't afford him? Well those arguments now look rather silly.

Not signing a number 9 certainly didn’t help but our problems run a lot deeper.

We’ve scored 4 in the two OF games since the January window and come away with 1 point. That shows we’ve got major problems all over the pitch, but I know that’s not news to anyone.

Back