Nothing has changed at boardroom level.

TonyAtTheBing

The criticism of the players and manager is valid but absolutely nothing has changed with the people running the club, the problems are far deeper than on the pitch.

This season has been yet another year totally destroying the finances of the club and holding us back years needing massive rebuilds, same again in summer under new management.

The guys putting money into the club are well intentioned but it feels totally inevitable that they are steering us into a position where we drift so bar behind Celtic in every department we never really recover.

There's no more money or momentum from the Europa League Final and CL, It's wasted and gone.

Our Director of Football Operations has no previous experience of high level football and was the Academy education/business guy last year. We have an Academy Director who is about 27 and never done a job anywhere near like he’s in now. We all know how bad the academy has been lately. We have a Director of Recruitment who we unveiled as previously being head scout of PSV when in fact he was a scouting coordinator and we have James Bisgrove in the top job having never been a CEO before. All these guys sit on our football board. There’s probably loads more learning on the job at a club our size.

The criticism of the players and manager is valid but absolutely nothing has changed with the people running the club, the problems are far deeper than on the pitch.

This season has been yet another year totally destroying the finances of the club and holding us back years needing massive rebuilds, same again in summer under new management.

The guys putting money into the club are well intentioned but it feels totally inevitable that they are steering us into a position where we drift so bar behind Celtic in every department we never really recover.

There's no more money or momentum from the Europa League Final and CL, It's wasted and gone.
Bullshit

The new boards biggest mistake was trusting Beale

Gladly that's sorted for next season

Our Director of Football Operations has no previous experience of high level football and was the Academy education/business guy last year. We have an Academy Director who is about 27 and never done a job anywhere near like he’s in now. We all know how bad the academy has been lately. We have a Director of Recruitment who we unveiled as previously being head scout of PSV when in fact he was a scouting coordinator and we have James Bisgrove in the top job having never been a CEO before. All these guys sit on our football board. There’s probably loads more learning on the job at a club our size.
Spot on , Bisgrove a serial loser calling all the shots !

Absolutely nothing will change under this board.

We’ll be back here inside 12 months with another manager asking how we managed to waste yet more millions again on average players.

Not sticking up for Beale, but was the net spend in the summer not something like 3 million?

If true, the board are going to have to do much better for PC.

Sorry not having that.

Beale spunked all his cash on dross (Butland and Sima aside).

We've wasted over £20 million on dross since Seville.

That needs to end this summer especially when we finally clear the decks.

Putting a marketing man in charge of a football operation like Rangers then appointing a rookie manager, only to give him the bank book to squander millions was a monumental mistake.

Reactions: MrJ
What do you think the board have done with our money? We invested heavily in the summer, not the boards fault Beale made a cu*t of it.

Sorry not having that.

Beale spunked all his cash on dross (Butland and Sima aside).

We've wasted over £20 million on dross since Seville.

That needs to end this summer especially when we finally clear the decks.
Recruitment has to be much better, but you're not rebuilding this team with such a small net spend.

We've wasted over 20 million since Seville, but brought in 20 million on the Bassey sale alone.

They need to be better at funding the club, or we're likely to see more of the same.

Recruitment has to be much better, but you're not rebuilding this team with such a small net spend.

We've wasted over 20 million since Seville, but brought in 20 million on the Bassey sale alone.

They need to be better at funding the club, or we're likely to see more of the same.
Net spend is a red herring, if you sell a player for £20m, spend £23m and %^*& it up, you cannot complain that you only got to spend £3m.

Beale got plenty, he wasted it end of.

You could level the appointment of Beale at the board, fair point, but most on here we’re happy with that appointment.

Apart from Park being ousted, Robertson being sacked, Beale being chopped, the scouting dept being stripped top to bottom and a new football development team yea nothing has changed.

Feck me.

Net spend is a red herring, if you sell a player for £20m, spend £23m and %^*& it up, you cannot complain that you only got to spend £3m.

Beale got plenty, he wasted it end of.

You could level the appointment of Beale at the board, fair point, but most on here we’re happy with that appointment.
The point I'm making is not a defence of Beale.

If we are rebuilding for next season with such a small net spend, then the new recruitment guy will have to be almost faultless.

There's no big money coming in from the sale of any of the outgoing players this time.

Quite frightening really. I still struggle to believe that out of all the potential candidates for our CEO, the best one somehow managed to be our existing Commercial and Marketing Director. Just like how out of all the potential candidates for our manager in 2022, the best one somehow managed to be Michael Beale.

So what do you suggest happens?

Not sticking up for Beale, but was the net spend in the summer not something like 3 million?

If true, the board are going to have to do much better for PC.
For me the net spend is irrelevant.

The level of player signed for the money and wages was absolutely criminal.

Fair enough but should never have brought Beale back as manager
Big mistake
With hindsight that’s obvious but I remember this place being quite happy with his appointment at the time.

The way I look at it, we are taking in more money, EH delivered, stadium improvements/ capacity increase imminent, disabled facility upgrades and I’m sure a few more things I’m not aware of.
The point I'm making is not a defence of Beale.

If we are rebuilding for next season with such a small net spend, then the new recruitment guy will have to be almost faultless.

There's no big money coming in from the sale of any of the outgoing players this time.
totally agree we have no room for mistakes with what money will be available, realise you were not sticking up for MB either but this net spend thing annoys me, the board made millions available and we spunked it away.

6 weeks ago, the board were being praised for appointing this manager, backing his picks in January and generally having things on the up.
The last 2 weeks have been soul destroying. We need to just get the season over with and back the manager, however possible in the summer.

It’s time for Douglas park, Dave king etc so sell up and allow the club to move on. They have contributed obviously but don’t have the ambition of funds to take the club onto another level. There are people who want to invest

With hindsight that’s obvious but I remember this place being quite happy with his appointment at the time.

The way I look at it, we are taking in more money, EH delivered, stadium improvements/ capacity increase imminent, disabled facility upgrades and I’m sure a few more things I’m not aware of.

totally agree we have no room for mistakes with what money will be available, realise you were not sticking up for MB either but this net spend thing annoys me, the board made millions available and we spunked it away.
The Chairman and MD who hired Beale paid the price with their jobs.

It’s time for Douglas park, Dave king etc so sell up and allow the club to move on. They have contributed obviously but don’t have the ambition of funds to take the club onto another level. There are people who want to invest
Can have all the money in the world, FFP dictates how much can be spent on the squad.

It's irrelevant what shares the 2 have. They could sell their shares tomorrow. It doesn't put money into the club. Any new investor has to buy new shares and we cannot just issue as many new shares as we like.

Where are the new people you speak off. We have already done plenty new share issues however it cannot be mega millions.

That's on John Bennett, the invisible chairman.

Bennett is terrified of a microphone after his disastrous interview in 2022 defending the recruitment as the best he’s seen at Rangers.

Tells you everything you need to know about his judgement. Another clueless chairman at the helm.

Can have all the money in the world, FFP dictates how much can be spent on the squad.

Spending the ridiculous money on eh instead of adding extra seats in the stadium to help with ffp sums the current board up. Stepping into eh and you would be forgiven for thinking it’s a parks of Hamilton showroom with the amount of adverts he has around the place.

Spending the ridiculous money on eh instead of adding extra seats in the stadium to help with ffp sums the current board up. Stepping into eh and you would be forgiven for thinking it’s a parks of Hamilton showroom with the amount of adverts he has around the place.
EH also generates revenue to assist with FFP

It's irrelevant what shares the 2 have. They could sell their shares tomorrow. It doesn't put money into the club. Any new investor has to buy new shares and we cannot just issue as many new shares as we like.

Where are the new people you speak off. We have already done plenty new share issues however it cannot be mega millions.

I know for a fact there are people who want to invest but they aren’t interested in playing about with and not having control.

Thankfully I think we'll get our fee back for Lammers and make something back from Dessers. That's what I'm telling myself anyway
Pains me to say it but if we are offered big money for Butland we may need to talk to help fund the rebuild

We need to try and get decent money for Lammers and Dessers, and whatever we can for Tav and Goldson

Wages will be freed up from some of the OOC players.

We also need to buy Sima and Diomande.

Back