Nottingham Forest- 4 points deduction

Isn’t it a rolling 3 year though. So if someone spends big now, it’s still on the time to calculate on the accounts?
Correct, but if you're punished for FFP (lets call it that) for seasons 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and they then bring charges against you in 24/25 does that cancel any punishment that they have already dished out for 22/23 and 23/24? If so how do you end up with a clean slate after punishment? Or you don't and have to abide by the FFP until you're out of that 3 year cycle?

Would be interesting to see if the PL or UEFA average out the losses and therefore you understand what you can "lose" in the following year or if you could ask that all your irregularity is considered in 1 year so you can move forward with the rest.

Confusing myself here.

Correct, but if you're punished for FFP (lets call it that) for seasons 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and they then bring charges against you in 24/25 does that cancel any punishment that they have already dished out for 22/23 and 23/24? If so how do you end up with a clean slate after punishment? Or you don't and have to abide by the FFP until you're out of that 3 year cycle?

Would be interesting to see if the PL or UEFA average out the losses and therefore you understand what you can "lose" in the following year or if you could ask that all your irregularity is considered in 1 year so you can move forward with the rest.

Confusing myself here.
There’s an ‘explainer’ here. There’s different kinds of debt, depending on owners cash injections etc, there’s amortisation of player contracts. Loads to it:

Rather than deal with all City’s alleged 115 FFP breaches at once they should focus on 5 at a time

Would speed the process up because if they are found guilty of even 70% of those alleged 115 Breaches all hell will break loose given the time period its taken

All been dealt with very poorly IMO

Yeah rules are rules etc however any punishment should be dished out before the season starts not part way through the season or close to the end as it is now.
Both Everton and Forest should be starting next season minus 6 & 4 points respectively, not changing goal posts half way through.
Being this close to the end of the season and deducting points is almost as good as relegating a team. They would be as well saying the punishment is relegation.
Instead they will spin it as only a points deduction which technically it is but they know what they are effectively doing.
It’s mental to think that Forest and Everton get punished meanwhile Chelsea Man U, City etc are spending Millions every year.
How the %^*& Chelsea haven’t been pulled up I will never know.
Then they’d be rewarded for cheating. They get to stay in the PL, and if my club was relegated, you can be sure I’d want legal action against them who cheated to stay up.

Rather than deal with all City’s alleged 115 FFP breaches at once they should focus on 5 at a time

Would speed the process up because if they are found guilty of even 70% of those alleged 115 Breaches all hell will break loose given the time period its taken

All been dealt with very poorly IMO
With the speed the operate let’s say they manage 5 a season that would then take 23 years.

Speeding up the process? :))

It's not a get out clause.

They face 115 charges. They have to be allowed time to build a defence against each charge. It's obviously going to take longer for both legal teams to process a case of 1 charge v a case of 115 charges.
Of course it - get 10 ready and do them, then the next 10

This ffp crap needs binned, if sheik ma haun wants to pump millions into a team what harms that doing. The whole things to protect the big 6 and their champs league places.

This ffp crap needs binned, if sheik ma haun wants to pump millions into a team what harms that doing. The whole things to protect the big 6 and their champs league places.
If Sheik ma haun disappeared and the club is saddled with unaffordable contracts to players etc there is a huge danger of clubs going bust.
FFP supposed to prevent.
Plus I’d assume preventing Sheik clubs buying indiscriminately and disadvantaging non Sheik clubs.

It's just creating an incredibly closed shop.

Sides looking to bridge the gap are incredibly limited,

It will turn the EPL even further into a top 5, middle 10 and bottom 5 each season.

What's the betting they agree a deal whereby City accept Guilt on a number of charges on the basis that the others are set aside. Resulting in a single season punishment of a deduction of 20, or even 30, points. That would see them still survive in the top flight and potentially still qualify for a Euro place the following season.

I think your suspicions will be prove to be right and they will get off lightly. But the process is the process and if the lawyers can use the process to their advantage they will always do it.

Why would any legal team want to rush something through, the longer they can get out of a case they more they can earn in fees.

Back