Now the dust has settled

I couldn’t believe that. That wasn’t even the goal either I’m sure. Yet two minutes later we afford him space again.

Literally every blue jersey in that photo ball watching with no awareness of where the danger is.
Three players drawn to one ball with an opposition player having his back to goal and not exactly in a threatening position.
No discernible shape with our three midfielders within 10 yards of each other in a fucking triangle in our own box with Lundstram at RB.

I seriously hope that’s just these players being tactically inept and not following the gaffers orders, as opposed to following the gameplan. If it’s the latter, we are fucked.
Even if they simply weren’t following the gameplan, it suggests a worrying disconnect between the manager and the players.

It also, quite frankly, screams of a team that isn’t being properly coached or drilled.

I thought they looked tired as the second half progressed.

I think that’s why we had more possession.

Overall we never looked up for the game or believed we could win.
We were literally miles off them mate anytime we got in good position we could not run away from them they are a fitter team it shows in almost every game we play we don’t have the sharpness or awareness a club of our standing should have and for me that’s criminal,we obviously sometimes cannot live with teams that have more creative players but we should ALWAYS be able to match any teams fitness levels.

Many predicted how yesterday would pan out. If you said so were labelled a panty wetter.

That should have been a thumping win for Celtic yesterday. Thankfully Butland pulled off a few decent saves and the Celtic shooting was woeful.

We were nearly 1-0 down inside the first minute. These players never learn. I don’t believe Clement fully understands Scottish football.

The Cup Final will be a similar outcome.

I thought they looked tired as the second half progressed.

I think that’s why we had more possession.

Overall we never looked up for the game or believed we could win.
The last sentence nails it. We have a team who don’t have the belief that they can beat them. Until that changes the outcome will be the same. Selections, formations, tactics all fine but it’s belief that wins games

I honestly couldn’t think of anything worse than watching that shitshow again but fair play to you OP

Agree re cup final players especially Sima i pray he is back in time, a fully fit Ridvan would be nice also

Sima and Ridvan back would be a massive boost.

Coupled with dropping Lawrence and Lundstram and we are already much stronger IMO.

A good team would have taken at least 4 off us yesterday. We're a shambles at the minute, not helped by yet another season destroyed by injuries (and the mismanagement of Beale). Fair play to the OP for sitting through that shit show again.

Chin up buddy, peaks and troughs. If you’re 60 you’ll have seen us worse than this.

We’ll be back sooner than you think
TBH the last 12 years or so have been the worst, 55 excluded, that I remember.
We managed to pick up trophies and OF victories even in some of the bad times previously.

Think this picture sums yesterday up.
IMG-20240512-WA0002.jpg
When you see that, it’s fucking grim. Wouldn’t expect that in a Sunday pub league game wow

We're really not. Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee killed us. Results in Europe also show how good we are compared to them. Let's not make them out to be better than they are. They've been gift wrapped this title, they haven't won it.
They're not a great team by any means, but they've got our number and have done for 3 seasons now.

And you'll have a hard job arguing they've had the title gift wrapped when they're 9 points ahead of us on the 4 Old Firm games. If we'd won it, they'd have a much stronger argument that they'd gifted it to us.

IMG-20240512-WA0002.jpg
Absolutely f()cking disgraceful. Our midfield was an absolute shambles yesterday. I can’t wait to see the back of most of these losers.

The ease those rat bastards passed through our midfield was a total riddy, Clements head is going to be on a plate if he doesn’t deviate from this ridiculous 4231 which is clearly not working.

We have just lost the league to one of the worst scum teams in my memory,

We need a lot of players in the summer.

Our bench is crap and we have so many injured players. I'm still of the impression that the summer recruitment gave us no chance this season.

Manager after manager we've had and we've seen this same performance time and time again, a manager can send these players out with whatever tactics he wants but when you've got that same scar tissue thats seen defeat after defeat against them its only ending one way. I dont know why some people cant get this into their heads, the players with the scar tissue are infectious...get rid of them.

Just fancied watching again to see where we went wrong

Tbh we were never in it and a huge improvement is required for the cup final
I’m gutted I watched it once. You’re off your head.

Agree though we were never in it and I’d say that for all OF games this season. They always looked better and capable of shifting up a gear if needed.

I don’t give up much hope for the Final.

Fair play you're a braver man than me. I switched it off when it went 2-0. Just as I knew it would. Becoming passive to it all now tbh

The space they get 18 yards from the middle of our goal is disgraceful and to be honest it’s happened for years.

Either our last 4 managers haven’t spotted that or none of the players take responsibility for their positions or the effort they need to make and the awareness they need to have.

I remember one of the games under Gio we got pumped at Parkhead. They took a quick free kick and Jota scored. In the replay you could see Gio yelling at Lundstram and Kent to get back/ stop the quick free kick but neither of them did f*ck all and Celtic scored.

The point I’m making is that our squad for years have continually shat the bed at their place and don’t have it in them to go there up against a big crowd and step up to the challenge.

I don’t think ability wise the two squads are miles apart, our extensive injury list has really hampered us. However, mentality is huge and I don’t think our players believe in themselves enough to go there and get a result.

No fight. No pride. No aggression. No organisation. No determination. No courage. No threat. No belief. No pace. No hunger. No leadership. A pitiful performance from players who have repeatedly failed our Club when it matters. I just hope this signals the end for Tav, Lundstram, Barasic, Lawrence, Wright, Dessers, Silva, Jack, Goldson, etc.

Enough is enough.

They're not a great team by any means, but they've got our number and have done for 3 seasons now.

And you'll have a hard job arguing they've had the title gift wrapped when they're 9 points ahead of us on the 4 Old Firm games. If we'd won it, they'd have a much stronger argument that they'd gifted it to us.
In two of those games we had a perfectly good goal chopped off and a stonewall penalty denied. These are massive, game changing moments. We've also played two of the games with 10 men and been unlucky not to nick a point in both of them.

Had the penalty been converted (was never a pen obviously) we'd have been on the end of a 4 or 5-1.

We weren't great at all, but going in 2-1 at half time with us having gotten back in to the game should have been a decent chance to reset. Lundstram absolutely fucked that.

We're really not. Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee killed us. Results in Europe also show how good we are compared to them. Let's not make them out to be better than they are. They've been gift wrapped this title, they haven't won it.
I respectfully disagree. In the league we’ve taken ONE point in twelve off them..

1 point out of 12.

Whatever way you look at it, that suggests a massive gulf across the season. Personally, I think one of the things that’s badly holding us back is the denial of quite the challenge we face in addressing the gulf.

I’ve said on here before, but during our nine in a row, Celtc fans would continually bang on about how they’d outplayed us and lost and how we weren’t actually all that good. According to them the players weren’t great and Walter was about to be found out. That seriously held them back IMO. We’ve slipped into the same delusion, and until we appreciate the challenge ahead of us we’ll chase short term solutions to long term issues.

I’ve just watched the game again

We were quick frankly never in it and constantly playing long balls
Only thing positive is the fact we didn’t let it turn into a rout in the second half , though I think that was more down to luck than anything
Anyway hope we have a few players back for the cup final
Never been asked of Clement if this is his style of play we are adopting at the minute. If it is we're fucked. Someone on here summed it up perfectly. "Hopeless hoofball". That's exactly what I see. And the crash barriers will waltz through that all day long.

I respectfully disagree. In the league we’ve taken ONE point in twelve off them..

1 point out of 12.

Whatever way you look at it, that suggests a massive gulf across the season. Personally, I think one of the things that’s badly holding us back is the denial of quite the challenge we face in addressing the gulf.

I’ve said on here before, but during our nine in a row, Celtc fans would continually bang on about how they’d outplayed us and lost and how we weren’t actually all that good. According to them the players weren’t great and Walter was about to be found out. That seriously held them back IMO. We’ve slipped into the same delusion, and until we appreciate the challenge ahead of us we’ll chase short term solutions to long term issues.
And there is valid reasons why we've only taken one point from twelve.

I’m totally scunnered, booked a trip home to see my ma, 20-28, just wish I picked different dates.
I honestly don’t see any positivity for us whatsoever moving forwards. I’ll be 60 this year and wonder if I’ll ever see a dominant Rangers again.
I know how you feel mate - I’m 59 but conversely I actually savour every time I get to Ibrox now - and I’m even looking forward to going on Tuesday just to make that walk up to Ibrox
I know most of the players need emptied and really hope Clement shows a bit more tactical awareness with a bunch of new players - let’s hope he can turn it around

Why, just why, do we give that jump the dyke b@stard McGregor the room in every feckin game to strut his stuff?

I'm not advocating we resort to illegal methods, but we need someone that'll let him know he's in a game and leave him on his arse more often than not.

For illustrative purposes, I'm picturing a vengeful Ian Ferguson standing over his limp body, giving him his character.

:))

IMG-20240512-WA0002.jpg
the first goal is shocking defending off the ball from us, at least 3 of our players watch O'Riley move into position, none of them respond to it as they are ball watching

then when the danger of the pass to him appears, Davies and Borna attempt to block it and Lundstram who is one of the three is jogging back like he's got no cares in the world. If I'm Clement, I've got the video out on Monday and I'm tearing strips out of him but he probably won't

Goals change games and if Silva had shown some desire to head the ball for his chance then it might’ve been different because we are a confidence team. But when we go behind, especially to them, then we become basket cases and take ages to recover.

Many predicted how yesterday would pan out. If you said so were labelled a panty wetter.

That should have been a thumping win for Celtic yesterday. Thankfully Butland pulled off a few decent saves and the Celtic shooting was woeful.

We were nearly 1-0 down inside the first minute. These players never learn. I don’t believe Clement fully understands Scottish football.

The panty wetter patter has died down. Most people must be coming to realise that people like me weren't being negative or pessimistic, but in actual fact were just being realistic.

You're right about the cup final. Unless they inexplicably have an off day, we won't beat them.

Totally agree. Anyone with any football sense predicted that yesterday. We just don’t have it in us. The cup final will be another example of how poor our players are as individuals and as a team. Clement’s got a huge summer of crucial decisions to make.

Absolutely f()cking disgraceful. Our midfield was an absolute shambles yesterday. I can’t wait to see the back of most of these losers.

The ease those rat bastards passed through our midfield was a total riddy, Clements head is going to be on a plate if he doesn’t deviate from this ridiculous 4231 which is clearly not working.

We have just lost the league to one of the worst scum teams in my memory,
This. The 4-2-3-1 doesn't suit Rangers. For a start the #10 needs to be incredibly skillful with his touch, dribbling and passing. And we only get that in small spells with Cantwell. Plus, he needs room to work in, and most teams camp in their own box. It was no coincidence our best spell was with Gerrard's 4-3-3. Even Gio had a run of results and performances playing a similar 4-3-3 but he pushed 2 of the CM's (usually Arfield and Jack) much higher up to give more options to the CBs to pass forward and between the gaps. Then after the winter break he went to a more rigid 4-2-3-1 and we looked utterly useless in attack and defence.

That picture should be shown to Clement at the next presser and ask for an explanation on what the team tactics were.

He has had a far too easy a ride and his lack of basic tactics and structure is highly concerning.

The fact that he has not addressed the midfield in yet v them is mind-boggling and alarming to me.

You can have all the injury excuses you want but putting 11 players on the park with some half decent tactics, structure and effort is the minimum we expect and what any decent coach should be able to do (see McInnes etc.)

And there is valid reasons why we've only taken one point from twelve.
If you mean refereeing decisions - again, there are historical similarities. Celtc claimed the exact same thing during our NIAR. They were so convinced of the referees conspiring against them they hired private detectives to prove their case.

I’m not saying you’re wrong in regard to dodgy refereeing, but none of the other losses were great performances from my recollection. If the teams were close in regard to skill at some point we’d fluke it and beat them and it’s just not happening..

If we don’t accept the gulf in ability (we’re the classier club in the traditional definition, that’s for sure) we can’t scout players to address ithe issue and we’ll be ireliving Groundhog Day just with a different manager year after year..

I’m angrier this morning than I was on Sat… these players just don’t seem to get it…. Losing to them occasionally is inevitable but the current run of losing games has to change.
I get the injury situation but we never laid a glove on them on Sat and that’s the worry for me. I’ve seen far worse Rangers teams going there and winning but this lot just don’t seem to have the bottle.

They have won the majority of old firm points this season, we didnt beat them to claw back points, if you win the old firms you deserve the league, we have dropped points to the same muck as them.

I salute you for watching that again
They are no great shakes that’s for sure, sadly they don’t need to be when it comes to taking on us
With the financial gulf probably getting wider over the next year I think our best hope is that their inept transfer strategy continues

Butland did save us from another hammering. That isn't a good Celtic side yet our players look absolutely terrified of them. Unfortunately I think you're also correct regarding the cup final as Clement doesn't seem to be able to set us up to beat them nor does he seem to be the type of character that'll change his style.

I hope they strapped Lundstram into a dentist's chair and made him rewatch the match on a loop all weekend.

2 wins out if the last 15 old firm games suggests we are miles behind.
Never mind the Trophy count.

Back