Odd incident in Bayern game

PunkScott

I'm watching the Dortmund game and the commentator mentioned a strange going on in the Bayern game today.

They won 4-1 but because of an electronic board error, they sent on a sub without taking a player off and the extra man went on to touch the ball, so there is a possibility the game could be awarded to Freiberg.

Just goes to show that daft things happen at all levels. I'd hate to see the meltdown if it happened to us.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, although, they'll still win the league.

I'm watching the Dortmund game and the commentator mentioned a strange going on in the Bayern game today.

They won 4-1 but because of an electronic board error, they sent on a sub without taking a player off and the extra man went on to touch the ball, so there is a possibility the game could be awarded to Freiberg.

Just goes to show that daft things happen at all levels. I'd hate to see the meltdown if it happened to us.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, although, they'll still win the league.
If that's true they deserve the points deduction simply for being so fuckin stupid. How the hell did nobody notice they hadn't actually taken someone off?!

I'm at a lose as to how an electronic board error leads to someone not coming off.
Surley the manger is shouting to whoever has to come off to some off. Plus the 4th official is there to ensure substitutions are carried out correctly.
Rules are rules. Bayern should lose the game. Scum got skilled by some team and an ineligibleplayer came on with 2 mins to go and had no involvement in the score but they still lost.

I'm at a lose as to how an electronic board error leads to someone not coming off.
Surley the manger is shouting to whoever has to come off to some off. Plus the 4th official is there to ensure substitutions are carried out correctly.
Rules are rules. Bayern should lose the game. Scum got skilled by some team and an ineligibleplayer came on with 2 mins to go and had no involvement in the score but they still lost.
Put the number up that no player had. Lol

You say they'll still win the league but if dortmund win today it's a 6 point gap and they've to play each other still. If that gets cut to 3 vause of this it could be very interesting

Game replayed, it’s the forth officials job to make sure a player leaves the pitch before letting the sub on.

The 4th official will be lucky to ever be involved in a professional football match again
He will be by he’ll not get another top league match.

Had a mate who did similar in the Championship and was hoping to be promoted to the SPFL…was resigned to running lines at lower level thereafter.

Very expensive mistake if you know what the officials are paid.

A bit of a mess but surely the officials are just as much, if not more to blame, than Bayern?

Can’t figure out how the electronic board had any impact on it.

The coaches of the team making the change and the officials must have responsibility to check that a team doesn’t end up with too many players? The referee counts the players at the start of a game for that reason.

The 4th official will be lucky to ever be involved in a professional football match again
Pretty sure there's a ref who was previously involved in match fixing refereeing in Germany.

Didn't Jude Bellingham cop a ban for mentioning it?

Doesn’t say anything in the laws of the game about losing the game because of it.

To use a hackneyed phrase, "Rules are rules". If there is no penalty for breaking them then there is no point in having them. Bayern should lose the points.

Dortmud getting pumped 4-1 at home would suggest Bayern losing 3 points will make zero difference in the title race.

Leipzig might give us a tough game in the semi based on that performance though

IFAB Laws of the game 3.3 the referee must give a player leaving the pitch permission to go off and signal the substitute to come on. Although Bayern player should not have come on until the player he was replacing had come off, the buck stops with the officials so it is their error. Can't see it being awarded to the opposition because of an officiating error.

Back