Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC Milan done my coupon last night. Brutal!

I've noticed the outright winner odds are now:

Inter - 6/5
Juve - 5/2
Milan - 11/4

What we thinking?

AC Milan done my coupon last night. Brutal!

I've noticed the outright winner odds are now:

Inter - 6/5
Juve - 5/2
Milan - 11/4

What we thinking?

I think Inter’s next two games are Lazio tonight and the Milan derby next week so.....if they win both they’ll be odds on and if they lose both Juve will be favourites again.

A great result for Inter last night with Milan losing and a further bonus with Napoli turning over Juventus.

Now it is just down to the Nerazzurri to win tonight and it's a tip-top Sunday.

What could possibly go wrong?

That late winner gives Atalanta a 1-0 win, putting them onto level points with Napoli and Lazio - both of whom have a game in hand as things stand. Lazio playing tonight of course. Cagliari remain in the relegation zone, 2 points behind Torino who sit 17th.

Samp hold on for the win against Fiorentina which puts them 5 clear of city rivals Genoa. Fiorentina remain in 16th, but possibly half-looking over their shoulder at the moment.

Crotone host Sassuolo in just under an hour. More at stake for the home side, a win would put them level on points with fellow stragglers Cagliari and put Parma bottom before they play tomorrow. Sassuolo looking to barely keep in touch with an outside possibility of European football but its very optimistic at this stage in the season.

Last edited:
Good to see Italian football making more of a comeback, always preferred it to any other league outside of Rangers games. Used to read the football Italian magazine but lost touch a bit when that ended. Any old school magazines still around or good websites to read for news?

It's good seeing it so open, I much prefer it to the EPL tbh. Good knowing it's not just a one horse race this year and besides Inter & AC Milan, there are some other very good teams knocking about as well.

It's good seeing it so open, I much prefer it to the EPL tbh. Good knowing it's not just a one horse race this year and besides Inter & AC Milan, there are some other very good teams knocking about as well.
To be honest, as much as it has been a one-horse race in recent years with Juve dominating - we have been treated to some outstanding games in that time. The emergence of Atalanta in the past couple of years has been very welcome.

Italian football really has shed its defensive tag from years ago - games are very open these days. Much better than watching a drab EPL clash between Crystal Palace and Burnley on a Sunday morning.

Good to see Italian football making more of a comeback, always preferred it to any other league outside of Rangers games. Used to read the football Italian magazine but lost touch a bit when that ended. Any old school magazines still around or good websites to read for news?

Calcio Mercato, with translator on

The names on the back of Inter players shirts are all in Chinese, it's not like that every match? I haven't noticed anyway. Bizzare.

Lukaku with 2

Cant believe Lazio are as high up the table as they seem to have absolutely nothing

The boy who appears to be playing LB I take it isnt in his usual position as he has no clue what to do once beyond half way line

Great result for Inter tonight, sets up the showdown with Milan next Sunday.

Lazio play some nice stuff but I reckon they're just a bit lightweight. The Nerazzurri weren't brilliant, but they stood firm in the main and when you've got a bulldozer like Lukaku, they're always going to take some stopping.

Scudetto #19 is within sight!

Parma are fucked I'd say. 10 losses in their last 11 games is relegation material.
Score .68 goals a game & concede 2 on average, they are bloody awful.

Verona have something really likable about them, score a goal & see it with their organisation because they have no right to be 7/8th.

The current bottom 3 will go down, all the other sides have too much fire power. If Cagliari go down, I’d love us to sniff about Joao even at his age.

Shame really, always had a bit of a soft spot for Parma.

Read earlier that Lukaku scored his 300th career goal the other night, still only 27. Not bad.

Big wins last night for Fiorentina & Torino against fellow relegation candidates, Vlahovic scoring the opener for Fiorentina continuing his form.

Today’s games

Lazio v Samp 14:00
Genoa v Verona 17:00
Sassuolo v Bologna 19:45

Lazio v Samp the pick of the games, but I quite like watching Bologna for Orsolini, Barrow & Hickey.

Lazio 2-1
1-1
Sassuolo 3-1.

How is Hickey doing over there?
Not watched much of Bologna but looks like he was making regular appearances early season but picked up a knock against Inter and was out for a few weeks. Been back in the squads the past few games but not making it off the bench.

How is Hickey doing over there?
Started 12 or so games from memory, gave a very good account of himself & certainly was playing with confidence.

Often see him as the furthest forward player, but I don’t recall him having many assists or whatever.

Defensively I don’t recall him being absolutely roasted, but I could be wrong.

What's going on with Premier?

Turned on to watch Fiorentina vs Spezia last night and nothing. at least I could cast it from my Livescore app.

On to watch Lazio vs Samp now and they're not showing that either. Even worse than that neither are Livescore.

It's a disaster!

Turned on to watch Fiorentina vs Spezia last night and nothing. at least I could cast it from my Livescore app.

On to watch Lazio vs Samp now and they're not showing that either. Even worse than that neither are Livescore.

It's a disaster!
Yeah I’ve been caught out a couple of times by that, really annoying because it should be a good game.

Lazio missing 2 of their back 3, playing the bomb scare that is Musacchio. Also having to play 782 year old Lulic at left midfield.

Let the games begin.

It's a disaster!
Should be able to get it on the bookies sites if you have an account?

Bet365 normally show all the Serie A games- no need to place a bet.

1-0 Lazio, outstanding finish by Luis Alberto.

A bit like Kent's the other day in the way he shifted it, then rifled into the corner but not as good.

Verona beat Genoa 2-1, potential push for Europe but they’ll fall well short.

Bologna take the lead against Sassuolo, good play by Barrow to tee up Soriano & it’s 1-0

Hickey starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back