Official - Seville Supporter Update

All well and good saying they’ll rectify the problems in future. But really fans should he getting compensated, especially for goods needlessly confiscated and binned. Still at least the two clubs have addressed it in some way.

Cop out statement by the Club action should be taken against UEFA nothing will come out of this and no one will be held responsible.

UEFA will be sweep this aside and the Spanish authorities won't give a damn.

Absolute disgrace.

Sure I heard h&h say a German lawyer was raising a class action against uefa

Hopefully they listen this time doubt it though

Although some form of compensation for those who had items taken from them would be ideal, it would be a nightmare to prove unless folk had some kind of photographic or video evidence of their property being taken.

"Lessons learned" is a very SNP sounding outcome, and nobody will believe UEFA if they say things will change.

Maybe a reasonable outcome would be Rangers and Frankfurt given a future final to host in either the Europa or Conference competition? Both stadia are of the necessary standard, both clubs would want to show how it should be done, and neither have been given that honour before.

Club can't do much but this is a kick in the teeth to those that went over and experienced all those issues. UEFA won't do anything either.

Theft of people's property for a start. Everyone knew the temperature was going to be in the thirties why wasn't free bottles of water available for all the fans. No proper food available either some people probably last ate at lunchtime.
Even after the game not enough transport available or amenities open to buy water or food. Some fans came from all over the world to be treated like this is disgraceful. Anyone who had items stolen should be compensated.

Class action lawsuit

The stadium was a death trap and wasn't fit to host that final

The chaos with no water or appropriate facilities

The Spanish authorities taking everything off Rangers fans outside the ground.
I agree it was a shambles - I was there and had stuff thrown in the bin from arsehole Spanish police.

However to suggest the club are going to take UEFA to court is pie in the sky stuff. Unfortunately UEFA are untouchable when it comes to the competitions they organise.

See then usual people on here not happy unless the club announce we're sueing somebody ever day.

We have enough trouble with uefa without starting a pointless and un winnable law suit against them.

Class action lawsuit

I doubt the club itself could get involved in such a lawsuit. To do so would probably mean all Scottish clubs and the national team being kicked out of UEFA competitions.

All well and good saying they’ll rectify the problems in future. But really fans should he getting compensated, especially for goods needlessly confiscated and binned. Still at least the two clubs have addressed it in some way.
Exactly.

I bought a power bank the day before I flew out for this purpose.

Confiscated after using it for a couple of hours during the day of the game.

Don’t think the Club can do much but complain and appeal for compensation on behalf of fans. Can’t see how the Club could raise a legal case, as the fans were the victims not the Club.
The contract would be between the supporter and whoever issued the ticket. If the terms and conditions of the ticket have been breached then supporters can pursue it.
Good luck with trying to sue the Spanish police or UEFA, neither of whom will give a F, for compensation.

Exactly.

I bought a power bank the day before I flew out for this purpose.

Confiscated after using it for a couple of hours during the day of the game.
Stories of police grabbing and binning belongings are ridiculous, but not at all surprising from one of the most pathetic, insecure, needle dicked police forces in Europe.

Class action lawsuit

The lack of water and other facilities was a major failing and, indeed, dangerous. Confiscating items folk were told they could take in, or which presented no real danger, was wrong, of course.

The stadium being a 'death trap' - and I've seen the photos of how steep it was and the crumbling concrete etc - I guess the first question would be 'how many accidents or fatalities have there been in that stadium when in use by the host club'? I've no idea what the answer is to that. Steep stands/terracing is certainly alien to UK fans but its not unusual in Spain. Valencia, for one, is probably even worse. The failed concrete might be an angle though.

However, the main point, as we know, nobody - Rangers, Eintracht Frankfurt or, indeed, Liverpool - is going to be taking legal action against UEFA. FSE might well be in a position to do so but no licenced club will.

On a lighter note, given our track record in Court that's probably just as well.

Cop out statement by the Club action should be taken against UEFA nothing will come out of this and no one will be held responsible.

UEFA will be sweep this aside and the Spanish authorities won't give a damn.

Absolute disgrace.

And Seville will get another final within the next 10 years.

UEFA f*cking stinks

A poor statement.

Have we reported to either the Scottish or UK governments? Nadine Dorries has had her say on the fiasco on Saturday. Why nothing on the fiasco in Seville?

Kind of bemused Rangers are calling it a "supporters update", with no indication of content, on twitter and in the article headline.
For comparison
It's the same fairly mealymouthed, better-than-nothing, better-late-than-never statement of course, but this kinda looks as if the Rangers board isn't fully behind it.
Not sure I’d draw that conclusion at all. It’s basically the same, agree, statement from both clubs. I expect FSE to release similar. The only real difference of note is that the Rangers version talks of submitting ‘recommendations’ whilst the Eintracht one mentions submitting ‘demands and recommendations’. I suspect that’s more to do with translation of whatever the agreed script was.

Not sure I’d draw that conclusion at all. It’s basically the same, agree, statement from both clubs. I expect FSE to release similar. The only real difference of note is that the Rangers version talks of submitting ‘recommendations’ whilst the Eintracht one mentions submitting ‘demands and recommendations’. I suspect that’s more to do with translation of whatever the agreed script was.
It's the same statement, it just looks as if Rangers hope not everybody sees it.
All sides would have been in talks over what to write for days of course - also explains why there were press conference remarks but no official statement from the Eintracht board til now.
I'm just putting two and two together but gladly admit I may be wrong.

FSE just retweeted both rather than write anything of their own (on twitter; didn't look for their website).

Back