Ojo

I was delighted.

I’ve slated Barisic for his cowardice and Ojo for his lacklustreness the last few weeks. Well Barisic battled to win that ball and Ojo stepped up big time to score a massive goal. I’m glad they both rammed that down my throat.

I’ve still got my worries about both but let’s hope it works out.

Shades of Josh Windass about him.

Drifts in and out of games, can be frustrating, caught ball watching then drives us up the park or comes up with a 25 yard banger.

Has to up his off the ball work rate and be more confident in terms of getting on the ball and attacking spaces.

His numbers are good but he needs to do more about the park. Barišić was horribly exposed at times but dealt with it well.

One issue is that last night showed Arfield must play further forward in the front 3 and not in the midfield as he did on Saturday. With Kent returning I hope we don't try and shoehorn players into the side to the detriment of the team

He is the definition of enigma he seems to have poor games but he has game winning quality in him like tonight didn't have a great performance up until his wonder strike but having that ability is why he is on the pitch can't remember the last time our team scored from outside the box in direct play

You're at it.

How?

His goal.
The miss he made when pulled the ball back on to his left and put it wide.
Also a header in the 2nd half.

Those three chances make a hattrick.

Back in your cage!

How?

His goal.
The miss he made when pulled the ball back on to his left and put it wide.
Also a header in the 2nd half.

Those three chances make a hattrick.

Back in your cage!

His goal = screamer.
The miss was an absolute sitter and he should've burst the net...absolutely no idea why he hit it to that side of the goal.
The header = completely mistimed his jump.

Not quite sure why you think that backs up your point?

He is scoring and creating goals while still inexperienced and hopefully his overall performance will improve as he plays more games.

His goal = screamer.
The miss was an absolute sitter and he should've burst the net...absolutely no idea why he hit it to that side of the goal.
The header = completely mistimed his jump.

Not quite sure why you think that backs up your point?

I’ll use a quote as a response here, “you’re at it”.

So I suppose we'd prefer he just tore around like a heedless chicken? Gerrard was at pains to point out in a recent press conference that its the stuff we don't see that he excels at. Goals win games, assists make goals and guess what? They win games. I have got no doubt he'll add other angles to his game but right now he's producing and that's what matters - however I await the "Rangers must huff to play hum becozz oh the loan" posts. They'll be along soon.

Question - How do you know when Rangers have won an important game?

Answer - The misery levels on FF doubles.

Noticed in the first half that he was leaving Barasic exposed, then we seemed to move Arfield out there who covered him far better. I thought he done really well, but sometimes looks like he could work harder although not sure if that’s just his manner.

I’ll use a quote as a response here, “you’re at it”.

Which part do you disagree with? Are you saying his miss which hit the post wasn't a sitter?

Do you not think he mistimed his jump for the header?

So I suppose we'd prefer he just tore around like a heedless chicken? Gerrard was at pains to point out in a recent press conference that its the stuff we don't see that he excels at. Goals win games, assists make goals and guess what? They win games. I have got no doubt he'll add other angles to his game but right now he's producing and that's what matters - however I await the "Rangers must huff to play hum becozz oh the loan" posts. They'll be along soon.

Question - How do you know when Rangers have won an important game?

Answer - The misery levels on FF doubles.

Why does he have to run around like a headless chicken? Who's asking for that?

Breaking out of a jog when he's pressing would be a good start though. It's not just people on here moaning either, you could see some of his teammates having a go at him in the second half. A few minutes before he got subbed the crowd started to get on his back as well.

If he could harness what he does in flashes more consistently he'd be hailed as a superstar

If he could turn it on week in week out - no matter the team mates around him or the strength of the opponents - we wouldn't have got him even on loan

So what we're left with is very much a work in progress - where we're left to admire the flashes of brilliance when they happen - & forgive him when he fades out the game or worse still becomes almost clumsy

As pointed out by many posts above he's proving to be a frustration right now -

Hope he can build on the plusses & get some consistency as the season hots up

He can fairly hit a ball but other than the goal, he was dreadful I thought.

Doesn't look interested at times, jogs about the park, slow to track back. There were times in the second half when the game was opening up where Kent or even Jones would've been direct and driving at their defence whereas Ojo stops and turns back.

Dreadful????

Oh dear.

Which part do you disagree with? Are you saying his miss which hit the post wasn't a sitter?

Do you not think he mistimed his jump for the header?

Why does he have to run around like a headless chicken? Who's asking for that?

Breaking out of a jog when he's pressing would be a good start though. It's not just people on here moaning either, you could see some of his teammates having a go at him in the second half. A few minutes before he got subbed the crowd started to get on his back as well.

You having a laugh?

I said he could’ve had a hattrick. You agreed he scored a goal and had 2 good chances to score again. How many goals do you need to score to get a hattrick?

What actually is the point you’re trying to make? That you don’t think he had a good game? Fair enough, that’s your opinion. I never said he had a good game for us either. Go read back what I did say.

He did have 3 good chances to score a hattrick - hence my comment.

Don’t know why I’m even bothering tbf...

Back