Oldest players?

What about Ronnie Simpson the Goalie, he must have been well into his forties, if not fifties when he finally retired?

What about Ronnie Simpson the Goalie, he must have been well into his forties, if not fifties when he finally retired?

Ronnie Simpson played his last game at 39 years old.
Injury forced him into 'early' retirement.
He made his debut for Queens Park at 14 years of age, the youngest ever player to play in Scotland.
At 36, he became the oldest debutant for Scotland ( 3-2 v England at Wembley 67')

Ronnie Simpson played his last game at 39 years old.
Injury forced him into 'early' retirement.
He made his debut for Queens Park at 14 years of age, the youngest ever player to play in Scotland.
At 36, he became the oldest debutant for Scotland ( 3-2 v England at Wembley 67')

Thanks I was at Wembley that game, what a Baptism to your first Wembley visit, and yes a piece of turf came home. As for RS funny how tricks play on your mind I would have swore he went on into his forties, aw well auld age and rust. O.K. What age was Jocky Robertson when he retired?

Thanks I was at Wembley that game, what a Baptism to your first Wembley visit, and yes a piece of turf came home. As for RS funny how tricks play on your mind I would have swore he went on into his forties, aw well auld age and rust. O.K. What age was Jocky Robertson when he retired?

I think he was only 37, same age as our current Goalie Alan McGregor!

Back