Oli McBurnie & Paddy McNair

Harbour Bear

Official Ticketer
Two players we have been linked with previously.

Both are available for pre contracts on January 1st.

I have seen McBurnie a couple of times this season. McBurnie for Dessers would be an upgrade.

Paddy McNair is a victim of his own versatility. Being an NI fan, I see him alot at CB as part of a back 3. He is an upgrade on Souttar, Davies and Balogun as an all round Defender.

1 Scotsman & 1 Ulsterman. Both Rangers fans.

Would we be happy with these two on a free?

I have seen McBurnie a couple of times this season. McBurnie for Dessers would be an upgrade.

Paddy McNair is a victim of his own versatility. Being an NI fan, I see him alot at CB as part of a back 3. He is an upgrade on Souttar, Davies and Balogun as an all round Defender.

I think McBurnie would be an excellent signing, got ridiculed for suggesting this previously :))
I've not watched him yet this season, but he'd be well suited for the SPL, never get bullied, and give us an aerial threat. Always works his socks off.
I've not given up on Dessers yet though, and I think Danilo will be good.
If Roofe can stay fit, he'll get us the goals.
McBurnie would be a good foil for either of them.

Having watched McBurnie a few times in the last year or so, he is a good target man and causes mayhem amongst the defences he faces. He isn’t prolific but he helps the team score. I wouldn’t be against him joining if we got the chance.

McBurnie would do a good job for us, his work ethic is there and not a bad player either
Maybe not the most prolific but most strikers with his attributes don't tend to be.
But can't see us getting him unfortunately

Reactions: TQ3
Absolutely no to both of them.

Why shouldn’t we be looking at them? They are both:-

Good ages;
Experienced internationals;
Have no language barriers or obvious settling issues;
On a free transfer;
Good players;
Rangers supporters;
Currently playing in a better league than the SPFL.

I know a lot of folk get excited when we are linked with a £3m foreign wonderkid with a vowel at the end of his surname, one that nobody had heard of until we were linked, but there are obvious counter arguments and proven success in signing Scottish and NI players. Plenty of guys who have struggled elsewhere have then went on and done the business in Scotland, including some of the best players in our history. And you only need to look at the players Walter Smith signed for us, particularly in his 2nd spell.

The other factor is if it doesn’t work out, you punt them back to the Championship for a fee after a year, where they would still have a decent reputation.

Last edited:
Our salvation lies with a culture , a pride and an attitude .
Not with individual players .
With our fan base we have it within our power to maximise our potential .
It’s not about players , it’s about fuckin leadership .
On Rangers on
What the f@ck does this even mean?
We need an input of individual players to enhance the quality of the squad but hey according to you it's not about players

I'd be a fucking upgrade on Dessers.

What the f@ck does this even mean?
We need an input of individual players to enhance the quality of the squad but hey according to you it's not about players
Do you think Diego Simone could lead the current squad better ?
That’s what it fuckin means .

Our salvation lies with a culture , a pride and an attitude .
Not with individual players .
With our fan base we have it within our power to maximise our potential .
It’s not about players , it’s about fuckin leadership .
On Rangers on
Do you think Diego Simone could lead the current squad better ?
That’s what it fuckin means .
Aye, yer right enough. I see it now. :oops:

If we had more Scots, I am not sure I'd consider McBurnie.

As we don't, and we don't like spending money on British players, I think it's one we should consider of we can make room next summer.

naw and naw

Back