Oli McBurnie & Paddy McNair

McBurnie is nowhere near as as poor as some try to make out, would see him as a direct replacement for Roofe. He may be short of Premiership quality but is a very good championship level player.
he can lead a line work hard and would be able to handle the physicality of spl teams.
I would take both in a heartbeat

If McBurnie was a sheffield fan and Mcnair supported birmingham or something then they wouldnt even be discussed.
But isn't that part of the 'positives'? I'm not saying it should be the number 1 consideration but having more players in the squad that 'get it' whether fans or Scots/N.I surely is a good thing?

But isn't that part of the 'positives'? I'm not saying it should be the number 1 consideration but having more players in the squad that 'get it' whether fans or Scots/N.I surely is a good thing?
I would absolutely agree mate if they were good enough. Davis, Weir, McCulloch etc got it but were good enough to play in their own right. I dont think 'getting it' is enough to make mcburnie et al any more suitable to start for us. Maybe they would burst their arse when they came on but at the cost of a fair wedge per week and with absolutely no resale value.

Back