Ollie McBurnie

Orange Jet

Discussion about game yesterday and next season . Would you sign Ollie McBurnoe

2/10 so far in our company

Light hearted post away from yesterday

No, but knowing our board and what they have agreed to over the years nothing would surprise me

I think we need a young, fresh and dynamic attacking player upfront. a player who can move defenders about and make space for themselves.

I don’t think McBurnie would be any different that what we have had before is like a total different style of play.

Better availability than Roofe

Roofe was a much better striker but injuries have ruined his career

McBurnie is okay and a squad option if a free transfer and reasonable wage but he’s not a priority signing

Surely Koppen has much better options

On a free maybe but lets be honest if he wasnt a well known Rangers fan nobody would be linking him. Also see Paddy McNair etc.

We really do have a hard on for players who are fans of us and it honestly doesnt pay off that often when we do sign guys who are.

While some will cry for those with 'battle fever' etc which given some of the current crop is understandable, id prefer to bring in quality footballers first and foremost

Our signings will be data led, considered and with a future sale in mind.

How do these data analysis consider intangible qualities like heart and desire because we’ve signed a few of players based on what a spreadsheet says and seen little or no benefit.

We certainly can’t be signing players who’ve lost their way a bit and were world beaters at 16 years old (copyright Mick Beale).

No, spends a lot of time injured and suspended.
One of his sending offs would be for headbutting or punching one of them, fan or player, though.

McBurnie is about to turn 28 and has had two seasons where he's reached double figure goals in his career. He's even gone an entire championship season without scoring a single goal fairly recently.

Can we learn our lesson about signing English Championship level players at that stage of their career? Most of them of them end up being high earning duds that we're begging someone takes off our hands.

I don’t think so OP, I don’t think it will be a summer of chucking mud at the wall.

Our signings will be data led, considered and with a future sale in mind.
99% of the names mentioned in the coming months will nowhere near our radar.

For the avoidance of doubt, that will include Bruce Anderson.

Discussion about game yesterday and next season . Would you sign Ollie McBurnoe

2/10 so far in our company

Light hearted post away from yesterday
We need some nastiness in our team. I don't know if McBurnie is the solution for that but at this point I'd take the punt

In an ideal world with with a decent budget to spend no, I would hope for better.

In the place we operate with likely limited funds however, I wouldn't be averse to him coming in as a free if his demands were reasonable and also Shankland to replace Roofe if Hearts were prepared to accept around £2m with a year of his contract to go.

Add in a fully fit Danilo, yes he has much to prove, would give us a greater variety of options up front, all I think could do a job in their own way.

Edit : if he's got a poor injury history then definitely not.

Last edited:
A question I always ask myself when linked with a player. Would he good enough for European football

Simple answer for McBurnie is no

Back