Ollie McBurnie

Yes. We need players with a bit of fire in them who won't freeze everytime we go to the Saville arena.

I'm not sure our Manager has the war chest a lot of our fans think. He was probably promised backing provided we / he won the league , but that's not going to happen and the board can't be blamed for same. I think any big money for new players will have to come from sales of the current squad . which will be very difficult as there's not a lot of quality there .I take no pleasure in saying we are in a bad state at the moment and it will be a few years before we 're back on our feet.which is even more frustrating as they're there for the taking. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but don't see anything to convince me of any diffrrent

I'm not sure our Manager has the war chest a lot of our fans think. He was probably promised backing provided we / he won the league , but that's not going to happen and the board can't be blamed for same. I think any big money for new players will have to come from sales of the current squad . which will be very difficult as there's not a lot of quality there .I take no pleasure in saying we are in a bad state at the moment and it will be a few years before we 're back on our feet.which is even more frustrating as they're there for the taking.

If we can qualify for the Champions League that could help financially. That's by no means a cert though.

Dessers isn’t even close to being the worst of our problems, despite his short comings.

I don’t see McBurnie being the answer to our issues, either. Having Rangers in their blood, means hee haw if they are guff. Who across the city is a dyed in the wool fan of their club? Doesn’t seem to be a pre requisite for success…

Nearly 150 games for Sheffield United and he's scored 26 goals according to Wiki.

Let's sign a striker that scores goals for a change.

Discussion about game yesterday and next season . Would you sign Ollie McBurnoe

2/10 so far in our company

Light hearted post away from yesterday
It would need to be part of a front 2,he doesent score enough but would cause disruption to most defences.I dont think i would sign him unless he was on a free with a reasonable wage.

Wonder if the same guys saying no are the same guys that said no to L Fergusson?

If Mcburnie was Brazilian you'd have guys on here pulling their wires at the thought of signing for us.

Mcburnie Shankland plus one other is night and day to what we've got this season

Younger cheaper players on much lower wages, yeah definitely.

Guys like Lawrence and Davies. No chance.
Hard to source them though when bournemouth and brentford sign them for 5x more and place them in the rezzies. Would love us to go for the irish boy at Blackburn if theres any chance but doubt it.

Hard to source them though when bournemouth and brentford sign them for 5x more and place them in the rezzies. Would love us to go for the irish boy at Blackburn if theres any chance but doubt it.

Hate to say it but have a look at who scored their first yesterday. Classic example of what can be taken from England for a decent fee and wages.

On a free, yes. He’s a far better player than he is given credit for. He would do very well in this piss poor league. F(£ck me, even that Idah donkey looks capable up here.

Not for me. He's just the same championship standard as much of the current squad. Need to be aiming higher and younger (somehow).

My initial reaction was that I haven’t seen enough of him to reach a decision. I then twigged that good players don’t remain pretty much anonymous into their late twenties.

If he were any good there would have been more of a buzz about him. When’s a players USP is “He’s a Rangers man” the phrase is normally used to counterpoint his lack of ability rather than as an additional positive.

So that’s a big, fat NO from me! :D :D

I have never understood the desire of some for McBurnie to sign for us. Granted I have only seen him on TV but other than he is reported to be a Rangers supporter, there is no redeeming factor for McBurnie to be anywhere near Ibrox other than a paying customer. His goalscoring stats are grim.

If the criteria for signing for us is to be a Rangers supporter, I will look out my boots and the tin of dubbin I have had from the mid 1960’s and await the call.

Yes. We need a lot of players in the summer. Good Bosmans will be vital as we can't afford to pay big fees for every signing. I think he'd do pretty well.

Yes, especially on a free and on a sensible contract. However, it also depends on the Sima and Shankland situations, and whether Clement intends keeping Dessers, who is a similar type of player.

Some judge him on his scoring record, but the Championship and EPL are a much higher standard. Many do ok up here but either struggle, look average, or are/were at lesser teams than us down south. In fact, half of the players for both us and Celtic, in terms of players in and out over the last several years, fall into that category. You can be near enough a superstar for either of the OF, but are just another decent player down south.

He has a bit of fight and aggression in him, which we need in every Rangers team, not to mention good experience. Even if he wasn’t a Rangers fan, we should still at least have been looking at him, (plus every other free transfer at that level). And if it does not work out after a year, then there will be more than a few English Championship teams still willing to pay a decent enough fee for a striker at his age. In that sense, it is not much of a financial gamble.

The fact is we are not going to have a fortune to spend, and if we can get Sima then that is going to take up a very large chunk of what we do have to spend. I think we might be looking at tightening our belts a little across the club as a whole, just going by or two things floating about, and one thing we will need to do over the coming 3 months is sign a lot of players with not a lot of money.

Chris Wood at Forest would do a brilliant job for Rangers.

Valued at £7m now, and I believe his contract expires in June.

Much better option that McBurnie

No we are trying to get rid of passengers , the guy is aging and liable to get red carded when hes needed.

No. Not good enough. And a bit of a hot head. He would be a target for every scum official with a hatred of Rangers.

Apart from not particularly rating him, I cant see dessers and danilo not still being on the books next season, and we are playing with only one up top. Theres obviously going to be the same speculation about shankland, who id take ahead of mcburnie all day, but unless we are gonna change the system i cant see us spending significant wages/ chunk of our limited funds on another number 9 given how many other areas we have to address. Would imagine it would be more likely to be a loan and / or a younger prospect, probably someone able to play wide as well.
If it was the old days of 442 domestically and four strikers in the squad id be fine with him on a free as back up but not more than that.

I would't think so,.as the manager knows Belgium football well I wouldn't be suprised if we see a couple of young or experienced Belgiums coming in.dont have any names just a hunch.

Would he play regularly for that lot?

If the answer is no then he should t be deemed good enough for us

The answer is no. On big money too

Wonder if the same guys saying no are the same guys that said no to L Fergusson?

If Mcburnie was Brazilian you'd have guys on here pulling their wires at the thought of signing for us.

Mcburnie Shankland plus one other is night and day to what we've got this season
Lewis Ferguson was young, homegrown and full of potential.

McBurnie is English, 28 and had his best season of football 5 years ago. We should be signing Lewis Ferguson types on an upward trajectory not trying to get championship level players back to their best.

Can’t we just call him by the single name Oli and tell the press he is Brazilian they are after all thick bastards

Last edited:
Back