On holiday in France and seen this.

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
IMG-4530.jpg

Was passing the time in the market place and seen loads of French football magazines . This one was top of the pile. Must have brought back good memories for someone.

My mrs put this top in the tumbledryer & the carling badge shrank and went funny

Sure they’re was a few on FF with the same issue shame i liked that top

Might just be me but I genuinely can't remember one of our home tops looking like that at the time lol
It was the 09-10 season. It had a tonal checkerboard design in the fabric. The away kit was the same but in red.

I'll bring this up any time Jerome Rothen is mentioned; I saw him in Silverburn Tesco one night a day or two after he signed and he was wearing jeans that had 'Don't touch my bum' embroidered across the arse. I knew then that he wasn't going to work out for us.

Not sure it brought back good memories.

If my memory serves me correctly, some sections of our support had nicknamed him Johnny Rotten.

Says it all really.

One of the most disappointing signings ever. Expected a lot & couldnae believe my eyes when I saw him. Rothen by name, rotten as a player.

I was really excited when we signed him. Thought he was cracking player. Turns out he easily makes my worst Rangers 11 and his performances can only be described as closely matching his name.
Was a classic deadline day! I was very excited with this at the time

A strange signing he looked brilliant at Monaco before joining us similar to Capucho just looked done in a blue jersey.

A signing that looked to be potentially a 10/10 and ended up scraping for a 1/10 and that’s probably being generous.

From hero to zero the minute he crossed the touch line.

The Unirea performance was the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture. I see I’m not alone.

If I remember right we hadn't signed anyone for a number of transfer windows (maybe 3 windows), then we signed Rothen. He had been a regular in the French squad, but was rank Rothen for us. Like others have said, he easily makes the worst 11 to have played for us.

It was the 09-10 season. It had a tonal checkerboard design in the fabric. The away kit was the same but in red.

I'll bring this up any time Jerome Rothen is mentioned; I saw him in Silverburn Tesco one night a day or two after he signed and he was wearing jeans that had 'Don't touch my bum' embroidered across the arse. I knew then that he wasn't going to work out for us.

You went and touched it anyway, didn't you :)

Lol, the bold Jerome. He was/is the big pundit for RMC in France and is still probably the biggest voice on PSG, albeit is a bit of a joke figure. Still speaks fondly of Rangers even though he admits himself he was utter dogshit

If I remember right we hadn't signed anyone for a number of transfer windows (maybe 3 windows), then we signed Rothen. He had been a regular in the French squad, but was rank Rothen for us. Like others have said, he easily makes the worst 11 to have played for us.
He was the first singing in a year I belive. I remember it was mentioned on Sky Sports when he was announced..

A player who had been just about done for at least a year or two but we deluded ourselves into believing he would come good because we didn't sign anyone else.

He was good in Stuttgart. Think that was his only performance that could be called anything better than shite.

One of the worst players in our jersey I have ever witnessed, even through the banter years which is saying something.

The thing you are saying is shite.

He was bad, but not that bad. At least he was playing pish against teams for us in the UCL. He had a decent game for us away to Stuttgart

Cunts like Faure and Argyriou were pish against teams like Annan and East Fife.

Back