On This Day (May 20th)

1989 The second Old Firm Scottish Cup final that Bob Valentine won for Celtic. I always get annoyed by the fact that day was the last Rangers appearance by Davie Cooper. Our team were destroyed by injuries in midfield that day, we ended up with a centre midfield of Sterland and Brown after late injury call offs by Wilkins and Derek Ferguson.
1879 Always amazes me that our first ever trophy and we don't know who scored the winner!

2001 - Really gutting to see Albertz take that lap round the stadium, made it real that he was actually leaving. Always hoped there would be a last minute change and he would stay.

And as much as I loved Tugay, Jorg should have been left to do that lap alone.

2001 - Rangers 4 (De Boer 2, Albertz, Vidmar) Hibernian 0 - Scottish Premier League (47,023)
albertz last game?

2007 - Aberdeen 2 Rangers 0 - Scottish Premier League (20,010)
wore the 07/08 top this game and sheep clinched Europe as a result of this match

2015 - Rangers 2 (Clark, Miller) Hibernian 0 - SPFL Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg (41,236)
a vital match sadly ended in failure

2001 - Really gutting to see Albertz take that lap round the stadium, made it real that he was actually leaving. Always hoped there would be a last minute change and he would stay.

And as much as I loved Tugay, Jorg should have been left to do that lap alone.
If only McLeish had been given the chance of him.

Back