Once a Ranger always a Ranger??

Chapman billie

First of all I want to stress that I have absolutely no issue with ex players giving 100% when playing us. They are professionals and you should expect nothing less. So I have no gripe with Chris Burke scoring last night - it's his job just as I had nothing but respect for wee Doddie and Sandy when they played for Hearts. But Broadfoot's behaviour was inexplicable and to me typifies the attitude of far too many ex Rangers players who can't wait to put the boot in when they're gone. Firstly the pundits - Butcher, Dalziel, D. Ferguson etc. Then the deserters - Naismith, Whittaker, Lafferty. Then the traitors - Miller, Pressley, Allan even way back to Alfie Conn! And then there's Boyd. Always having a go when doing his pundit thing but gets an ovation when he leaves the pitch. And the prick can't even lift his head in acknowledgement.
But Broadfoot last night took it to a new low. For a while he was a bit of a cult hero for calling out James McClean but now he is dead to me. And with a few honourable exceptions - mainly Dutch - so is the expression "Once a Ranger always a Ranger".

Last edited:
You never hear Willie Johnston, Stein, Parlane etc bad mouthing our club. They may comment, but not in the way these torags do that continually take cash from likes of the Record.
And Broadfoot last night - utter trash !

It's sad that it always seems to be Scottish players as well. You never hear the likes of Mols or Albertz saying anything but good words about us.

Edit: post above proves my point

Davis done the right thing we received £800k for him
Dalziel has one very big agenda namely his pal Billy Davies

Broadfoot showed himself up last night bizarre behaviour that's inexcusable
Kirk your a C&nt of the highest order

i'm disgusted and disappointed by clubfoot's antics - for a so called bear to act like he did last night is galling. Fair enough give your all for your current club but never forget where you came from.

To be honest, from people who know him, the guy is a dick anyway so what we saw last night was him reverting to type. Pissed all over his legacy with us now, as Edgar put it.

the vast majority of players who were 'rangers fans' are not like you and I. As soon as they become a pro, that allegiance will diminish.

They are loyal to their career, their paypacket and their next job. There will be the odd exception, but they are few and far between.

We elevate them to a position where we think they are just us, but playing for Rangers, and when they fall short of that, its met with outrage and disbelief. Its just human nature on both where we elevate them to and for our reaction when the fall short of expectations. We just need to take a step back and realise they arent like you and I who are emotionally invested in the club.

Why do some fans have this romantic notion that most players give a %^*& when they leave us and will do us any kind of favours when they play against us?

Why do some fans have this romantic notion that most players give a %^*& when they leave us and will do us any kind of favours when they play against us?
If you read the post properly you would see that I expect ex players to give 100% against us. Where did I ask for favours? What I don't expect is ex players to put the boot in at every opportunity or, like last night, gleefully cheat to get one of our players sent off. Or when a former player like Boyd gets an ovation from his former fans that he at least acknowledges it. It's not favours I am asking for just respect.

It's sad that it always seems to be Scottish players as well. You never hear the likes of Mols or Albertz saying anything but good words about us.

Edit: post above proves my point
In fairness, most of the foreign players (Lovenkrands, Novo and Numan aside) tend to 'go home,' if you'll pardon the expression.

;)

The SFA received £800k.

Broadfoot was always bit of a ned, even when playing for us. I`d simply put it down to that

If you read the post properly you would see that I expect ex players to give 100% against us. Where did I ask for favours? What I don't expect is ex players to put the boot in at every opportunity or, like last night, gleefully cheat to get one of our players sent off. Or when a former player like Boyd gets an ovation from his former fans that he at least acknowledges it. It's not favours I am asking for just respect.

I did read your post properly. Players of opposing teams come to win and will use tactics to do so. Former player or not, it's really that simple.

Former players will have an opinion, again it's really that simple.

To be honest, from people who know him, the guy is a dick anyway so what we saw last night was him reverting to type. Pissed all over his legacy with us now, as Edgar put it.
Went to school with his old man a total (unt of a bully and a fat poet at the time,Middle to late 60s a jump the dyke because of the fhilths success at the time,The apple doesn't fall Far from the tree.

Kirk Broadfoot played in a Rangers team that made a European final.

For what it's worth, I've no problem with what Broadfoot done last night, or Burke for that matter, when it comes to their Rangers legacy. They are Kilmarnock players and should be doing everything they can to win for Kilmarnock.

If they bad mouth us in the press etc then that's different but I've never seen Broadfoot or Burke do that.

I remember a few years back while playing for us against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, he was having a stinker. And after getting some pelters from some bears he gestured to a section behind the goals for a square go while the game was flowing.. Bampot..

Not getting into a debate, Davis played no part in Southampton doing the right thing. They didn't want to get drawn into claim and counterclaim, so paid a fee for him.

First of all I want to stress that I have absolutely no issue with ex players giving 100% when playing us. They are professionals and you should expect nothing less. So I have no gripe with Chris Burke scoring last night - it's his job just as I had nothing but respect for wee Doddie and Sandy when they played for Hearts. But Broadfoot's behaviour was inexplicable and to me typifies the attitude of far too many ex Rangers players who can't wait to put the boot in when they're gone. Firstly the pundits - Butcher, Dalziel, D. Ferguson etc. Then the deserters - Naismith, Whittaker, Lafferty. Then the traitors - Miller, Pressley, Allan even way back to Alfie Conn! And then there's Boyd. Always having a go when doing his pundit thing but gets an ovation when he leaves the pitch. And the prick can't even lift his head in acknowledgement.
But Broadfoot last night took it to a new low. For a while he was a bit of a cult hero for calling out James McClean but now he is dead to me. And with a few honourable exceptions - mainly Dutch - so is the expression "Once a Ranger always a Ranger".
Unfortunately in life some people are cants whether they support Rangers , the beasts or anyone else for that matter. Broadfoot is one of these cants.

I'm very disappointed in you OP.

Disappointed that the wee rat Dodds isn't on your list.

Back