Peter Grant If Rodgers is banned it will make a mockery of Scottish Football

I am a wee bit like that myself, i would rather he was in the dug out for the OF, fark them, it wont matter.

But one game and one suspended? hahaha, a joke. He committed the same offence in 3 different televised interviews ffs!

I choose to B-)

Brenda was never receiving the same punishment as any other Manager, mate. We all predicted it. The SFA have also just confirmed what we all knew as well, that they are in Celtc's pocket.

Now imagine they drop points Sunday after taking it for granted they could do without him in that game.
David Martindale: Celtic were best team in country before Michael Beale -  now Rangers are matching them : r/ScottishFootball

They have manufactured this.
There will still be a Clyde melt down about how hard done by they are.

Now imagine they drop points Sunday after taking it for granted they could do without him in that game.

Then we just need to do our own job the week after either way.
You know what i would like on Sunday? Their game cancelled due to the state of the pitch. See what Peter Grant had to say about that? :D

I want nothing from them or their SFA /SPFL, not even excuses. Let Rodgers be there, he can marvel at our football.

Brenda was never receiving the same punishment as any other Manager, mate. We all predicted it. The SFA have also just confirmed what we all knew as well, that they are in Celtc's pocket.
I know mate, it was always going to be a washoot like we see today.

They don't have any excuses now though, shark attack incoming for them if they can't capitalise. EDIT: and they wont ;)

Dealing in hypotheticals now though.

Mental that people care about this anyway.

He isn't a player, his input on the game whether its from the dug out or the stand will be the same.
Mental that people don't care.

They are being lenient on this twat for one reason.

Celtic.

It's not his first offence and anyone else would have been hammered.

I'll never tire of saying it, but as long as there is automatic CL qualification, and the tens of millions of pounds that goes with it, it'll be a miracle if we win the title. Celtc's gangsterism and intimidation of refs and SFA corruption makes it an almost impossible task.

Goodwin - Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin has been issued with an eight-game ban after accusing Hibernian's Ryan Porteous of "blatant cheating".

Kettlewell - Ross County manager Stuart Kettlewell has been given a three-match touchline ban by the Scottish FA.

The suspension relates to his comments about referee John Beaton's officiating after his side lost to Livingston in a Premiership clash at the end of August, where Kettlewell said he refused to be treated like a "second-class citizen".

Rodgers - 1 match ban for repeatedly calling the officials incompetent and saying they are influencing matches.
They've given him the absolute minimum they could.
According to their own rule book, a two match suspension is listed as the Lower End of their punishment schedule. So not only have they issued the lowest punishment allowed, they've then reduced it further by suspending one of the matches.

SFA can't win in this scenario. Long ban and paedos says its a conspiracy, 1 game ban and we say its a conspiracy.
At least they've set a standard to remember.

They could've just used the standard they'd previously set with Kettlewell, to be fair.

I don't mean to be a dick btw, but the standard was there already.
If Phil can now say anything he wants though and only receive a 1 game ban from now on, I'll take it. Gives us (him) a chance to actually air our grievances.

What did TLB get for chasing the ref round Hampden after a Scottish Cup tie, that was horrendous behavior ?

STUART KETTLEWELL will be forced to sit out his side's next three games after being reprimanded by the Scottish FA.
The Ross County manager was disciplined for his comments to referee John Beaton during his team's 1-0 defeat to Livingston at the end of August.
Kettlewell was sent to the stands during the loss by Beaton and said he had been "swept aside like a second-class citizen" in the aftermath of the game.
The County boss was judged to have been in breach of rule 72, which covers accusations of bias or incompetence of officials.
Kettlewell also faced a charge of misconduct at a match, and will face a further two-game touchline ban for any future breaches this season.

Compare and Contrast! Today is corrupt, no more, no less.

Mental that people don't care.

They are being lenient on this twat for one reason.

Celtic.

It's not his first offence and anyone else would have been hammered.
No harm to Josh but attitudes like his are part of the problem.

I once, a long, long time ago tried to be indifferent as I could to the machinations of Scottish life but experience taught me about the ultimate naivety of that approach.

People need to wisen up.

STUART KETTLEWELL will be forced to sit out his side's next three games after being reprimanded by the Scottish FA.
The Ross County manager was disciplined for his comments to referee John Beaton during his team's 1-0 defeat to Livingston at the end of August.
Kettlewell was sent to the stands during the loss by Beaton and said he had been "swept aside like a second-class citizen" in the aftermath of the game.
The County boss was judged to have been in breach of rule 72, which covers accusations of bias or incompetence of officials.
Kettlewell also faced a charge of misconduct at a match, and will face a further two-game touchline ban for any future breaches this season.

Compare and Contrast! Today is corrupt, no more, no less.
You just know they will say the difference was the VAR dude and not the Referee.

Honestly, Beaton should just hand in his notice and kick up a storm in the media after this.

I'm no fan of the man as a referee (Hibs game 2017 exhibit A) but he deserves some basic backing and protection from his employers and the SPFL's verdict today is about as far from that as you can get.

"Aye John, we know he's basically called open season on the celtic fans to bombard you with abuse and threats again, but we cannae go upsetting Peter so just take one for the team would ye?"

Pathetic.

Someone within the scum ranks must have some serious shit on just about everyone within the Scottish football authorities.

We saw this coming though -the length of time from the offence to this decision gave them time to build a case/excuse for such leniency.

Clubs who have had staff who have had a more serious punishment in the past should be quietly contacting the authorities for an explanation. Or a public joint statement issued questioning the impartiality of the football authorities.

Rangers don't need to get involved in these sideshow dramas though - let's go and win the fxxking treble - that is what will really destroy them and will be the kiss of death for the toad that is Rodgers.
The length of time is standard as Gordon Duncan had to explain to a Yahoo who phoned up SSB claiming conspiracy by the SFA to get Rodgers banned for Ibrox.

There's no fast tracking like there is for Red Cards.

Otherwise it's a shocking decision when you consider what Michael Beale got hit with after calling Clancy out in 2019 and then the Motherwell manager got a multi game ban not that long ago.

The SFA can get away with it though as the media won't question them hammering Rangers or any of the diddy teams. If the rules are applied to Celtic then the hounds of Parkhead are set upon the official who dared to do it.

No harm to Josh but attitudes like his are part of the problem.

I once, a long, long time ago tried to be indifferent as I could to the machinations of Scottish life but experience taught me about the ultimate naivety of that approach.

People need to wisen up.
Bingo.

Been fighting the fight for decades bro too few take heed.

Infested by corruption, surrounded in apathy.

Honestly, Beaton should just hand in his notice and kick up a storm in the media after this.

I'm no fan of the man as a referee (Hibs game 2017 exhibit A) but he deserves some basic backing and protection from his employers and the SPFL's verdict today is about as far from that as you can get.

"Aye John, we know he's basically called open season on the celtic fans to bombard you with abuse and threats again, but we cannae go upsetting Peter so just take one for the team would ye?"

Pathetic.
I think he might ref the game at Ibrox. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

The absolute cowards way to avoid the meltdown from the rabids that would have followed.
I am not shocked.

I personally did think they’d ban him, as he was in clear breach of the rules, he actually used words specifically outlined as an offence in the rules, they had to ban him. I’m just suprised they’ve had the brass neck to give him the smallest ban possible. The football authorities in this country are a joke.

100% guarantee if the Motherwell or Ross County manager etc said the same thing in 3 separate interviews, they’d have gotten 5 games minimum. They’ve shat it because they couldn’t handle the fallout, clear and simple.

It's worse an offence for me.

He knew when he mentioned and singled out Beaton specifically, he was putting an official and his family in danger from the deranged b@stards.

It was a deliberate play on Rodgers part, to try and get a supprort, a sizeable amount who will never forgive him for walking out on them, back in his side.

Should anything happen to Beaton and/or family, Plod should be getting involved.

The SFA have set the precedent now of a one game ban for calling refs incompetent. They've just made the life for refs and officials a lot worse by their latest corruption today. It'll be open season on refs from now on.
Won't happen - Humza's Hate Laws will intervene.

Every manager or coach now know that it is open season on referees, linesmen, VAR officials. They can say what they like and know the punishment will be minimal.

Pathetic.

I'd say it is sinister, rather than pathetic.

Back