Peter Grant If Rodgers is banned it will make a mockery of Scottish Football

uneasydaz

IF Brendan Rodgers is hit with an SFA ban then it will lead to a build up of conspiracy theories.

That's the view of former Celtic player Peter Grant.

The Hoops boss is in the dock after branding referee John Beaton "incompetent" over his display as the VAR for Celtic's game against Hearts on March 3, which ended in a 2-0 win for the Jambos.

Rodgers was hit with a notice of complaint by Hampden officials and now faces a two-match ban.

If found guilty, he would miss this weekend's match against Livingston as well as the Old Firm derby against Rangers on April 7.

The Parkhead club will be drafting in top footie lawyer Nick De Marco to defend him

He's the same man who got Scott Brown off the hook when he was facing a ban before an Old Firm derby in 2019.

If the verdict of the judiciary panel goes against Rodgers, ex-Celts star Grant isn't looking forward to the fallout.

He even went as far as saying it will make a MOCKERY of Scottish football.

Speaking on GO Radio, Grant said: "Let me tell you, if he misses the Celtic-Rangers game for whatever reason, you know what people are going to be saying then.

"You know it's going to be making a mockery of Scottish football.

"You know the conspiracy theorists everybody talks about? That will be building up

"You're going there without fans and your manager.

"You know what everyone will be talking about if Brendan is banned for that game where the away supporters are already away from it."

For his part, Grant insisted: "I don't think there's a conspiracy against Celtic. I don't think there's a conspiracy against anyone."

He did add though that in his personal experience, he didn't like it if he knew the match referee was a Celtic fan.

Grant claimed they would try to give decisions in the other team's favour so people didn't think they were biased.

He said: "If I knew they're a Celtic supporter, I wasn't too happy with it. I preferred it if it wasn't a Celtic supporter."

We know he won’t get banned just because of what Peter Pointer says right there.

The SFA won’t want their beloved club being victim of conspiracies now, would they?

The ramp up begins now. Almost a week to go and this is the media merry go round in which all pressure is heaped on Rangers and the narrative that everything is against the filth.

We know he won’t get banned just because of what Peter Pointer says right there.

The SFA won’t want their beloved club being victim of conspiracies now, would they?

The ramp up begins now. Almost a week to go and this is the media merry go round in which all pressure is heaped on Rangers and the narrative that everything is against the filth.
He will get banned ..Kettlewell got a 3 game ban for saying the same stuff earlier this season ..so what's the difference

%^*& what he thinks the rules are the rules, Rodgers should have thought before opening his big fat mouth,if he dosent get a ban itl be making a mockery of scottish football and there own rules, wouldn't suprise me if he gets a 1 match ban that way they are seen to be done something about his comments and then hel still b in the dugout at Ibrox, get your house on it

Rodgers has to be banned. He questioned the competency of the officials - a clear and direct breach of the SFAs rules. It matters not a jot if he was right or wrong to do so. The fact of the matter is that he breached the rules. That’s the beginning and end if it.

Exactly. It’s a slam dunk case. Don’t want a touchline ban for old firm don’t break sfa rules on the eve of the game. Tbh the conspiracy theorist in me thought it looked rehearsed almost - he suspects he won’t win the league and needs his excuse set up to protect his paper thin ego.

Now reverse the situation and imagine the outcry if clement got off without a charge for the identical circumstances…

He will get banned ..Kettlewell got a 3 game ban for saying the same stuff earlier this season ..so what's the difference
Hopefully your correct and he rightfully gets banned because if the SFA want to correctly implement their own rules then he will get a minimum 2 match ban for breaking said rules.

Let’s see if they have the balls to do it.

In any normal league toothy would face a sanction of some kind. Highlighting Beaton was deliberate and was genuinely dangerous to Beaton. He knew what he was doing a ban would be appropriate but I reckon a fine and either a warning or a suspended ban.

He'll be glad he's retired then if if he didn't enjoy being reffed by celtc supporters.

It’s not a matter of if he gets banned but for how long!

Rodgers knew exactly what he was doing. He specifically used the word he knew would leave the SFA with no choice but to ban him. He is using this to get the fans onside. For months they’ve wanted him gone but he is doing everything he can to take the heat of him and on to the footballing authorities!

He is also using the media puppets to push his agenda! It’s rarely mentioned , if ever, that the referee at that game is a Celtic fan. Rarely mentioned that the only decision they got 100% wrong was the cheating of the Celtic player to con the officials into awarding a penalty. What happened to retrospective bans for diving and winning penalties?

The SFA should absolutely hammer Rodgers as the last time he accused this referee of cheating the family of the match officials family were living in fear of attack!

Yeah, we are moaning about this pricks agenda, but think on this …. We pump hibs at the weekend convincingly, without a god damn doubt, probably played the best football this season…

We play the rats next week and we are still playing the best football this season, unfortunately due to the incompetence of the officials we sadly lose and let them back in to the competition…

The game is on the Sunday, and regardless of how raging we are, the season ticket renewal will drop through our doors on the Monday, asking for our continued/ patience support regardless…

Yeah, sign me up boss , it’s all about mygers…

Maurice Johnson signed for us 35 years this summer , and he can’t live in his own country ffs …

Peter Grant is a bigot, pure and simple…

Win the league this season and dedicate it Mojo.. lol … those bastards will lose their minds..

Must be an Old Firm in a week to 10 days.

It’s literally in the fücking rule book.

The irony of saying there will be conspiracy theories if they don’t ban him for following their own rules.

Rule No72 Article 96.1 states: “No recognised football body, club, official, team official under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA, shall in an interview or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official.”

Case closed.

Back