one of our best decisions ever

It clearly makes economic sense to keep them out. The 2 games against them are obvs the biggest home matches of the season. We can now sell an extra 7k STs that include the 2 Celtic games which I’m sure is an easier sell than 7k STs which don’t include Celtic games.

No Bear should have to give up their seat twice a season to accommodate an away fan regardless of the opposition.

If they’d reduced our allocation first the media would have lauded the decision as a great way to remove the hatred from the fixture.

It was a brilliant move by us and the fans involved have my upmost respect and thanks.

Yes and they've adopted the exact same approach as us. Fair play to them.
Obviously I mean from the fact Rangers fans there lose out from supporting our team . Pretty pointless discussing it with you I guess as you seem to think the only fans that want to follow us away are buckied up neds .

We must've been the only club in the world to give our main rivals such an advantage. You can tell by their pain how much they hate going to Ibrox now and listen to a " loyalist karaoke". We should never allow them to return in such numbers. One is to many.

Believe it or not, some Rangers fans actually want this back.

It's a head scratcher to say the least....
I was at a RST meeting at Ibrox and brought up the subject with Stuart Robertson who was taking questions and asked him why we let the scum have the whole Broomloan stand , especially after the damage caused to seats, holding onto the balls that went into the crowd and throwing a flare at our keeper during a recent game with them. He suggested that if we cut their allocation then they would cut ours and I replied that I was fine with that as I don't want to give them any of my money. Just about everybody there agreed and supported me and others spoke up as well. I was pleased that not long afterwards the board did cut their allocation and put them in the corner.
I'm not trying to claim any credit for that as I was only expressing a widely held opinion among our support and plenty others must have said the same thing to him before me but I am happy that the club decided to do that as having them there was a massive advantage to them as at Parkhead we were stuck in the corner and had less influence on the players as the scum were facing, in effect, home ends both halves with our support in the corner.

W.A.T.P.

Believe it or not, some Rangers fans actually want this back.

It's a head scratcher to say the least....

I was against it changing, but I was so wrong. It's been a great decision. If they never ignored the warnings they got about behaving like animals then it wouldn't have changed.

It's mostly the buckied up neds who want another day out at Parkhead.

Personally I'm quite happy about it.

“Buckied up neds”

Or fans that travel everywhere, domestically in Europe, that want to see their team play their biggest rivals away

No point even arguing the case because the thread will get deleted no doubt but you can ram your Ned stereotype

Forever will be one of my proudest achievements, although my youngest son has never forgiven me, he goes to every game, home away and abroad.

But that day @Papasmurf and I sat with The Rangers MD, in what was an incredibly convivial and sympathetic meeting, we were told we had 30 minutes. Long after we had delivered our strategy and petition presentation, an hour passed and it was 3 Rangers supporters blethering about the Club that they loved all their lives.

We were given the distinct impression that Broomie4Bears was going to be a long slow burning issue within the Rangers Board, so we didn't know how close we were to sanitising Ibrox. All that hard work was worth it though, even if we failed, we both agreed to remain positive. I had spent weeks lobbying senior figures within the club and we all know the immense efforts that papasmurf and others had put in to this proposal.

A matter of days later The Rangers Football Club had shown that they cared - and listened to the heartfelt pleas from their supporters - and gave Ibrox back to the Rangers Family.

Deep deep joy. Immense unparalleled pride.
Great Post. I honestly wasn't aware of your involvement in this, Goudie. A pivotal decision by the club and one that should simply NEVER be reversed.

Cap Doffed to every one of you guys who made this happen. Respect.

What a way to talk about our support . Whilst something had to be done with them getting the whole broomie which is obviously unrestricted and us not getting a fair proportion at their dump and having the shitty corner . Decreasing it to 800 was too far imo . Easy to see why fans who go to every game who now can’t get tickets for our biggest away games of the season might not think it’s the best idea in the world . Guess I’m just a Buckied up Ned tho .
Buckied up Ned,

800 for them is 800 too fuckin many

I'm conflicted with this issue tbh.

I agreed with the decision to cut their allocation and the stink they kicked up proved it was the correct decision. They have, without doubt, had a competitive advantage for years with the previous ticket arrangements.

If they want to give us the same percentage of their stadium as we give them or if they want to give us a full end (with no restricted view), I'd be happy to give them the Broomloan back.

The fewer of them the better in attendance at Ibrox.
One of our board’s best decisions was to cut their allocation and huge congratulations to all Rangers’ men who facilitated this outcome.
Throwing multiple balls into play , keeping the ball then throwing firecrackers at our keeper.

Reduce their allocation further

If they’d reduced our allocation first the media would have lauded the decision as a great way to remove the hatred from the fixture.
This is a brilliant point. They would have also congratulated the scum for looking after 'TGFITW'.

They used to double up and have more fans than what their allocation actually was. Many a game you couldn't see stairs. Keep them out.

Throwing multiple balls into play , keeping the ball then throwing firecrackers at our keeper.

Reduce their allocation further
and generally being a bunch of wee fannies singing ra songs, no place for scum at Ibrox
keep Ibrox Stadium Vhermin free

Tom English wrote in his piece today that, at this point in time, measuring from the end of the 17/18 season to today, Mr Gerrard has overseen a 59 point turnaround. Stage 1 of that turnaround, was stopping them taking 12 points a season off us. The 1st element of that would be attempting to negate the OF games. If they end up as 2 wins each, all of a sudden, we've reduced a 12 point head start to nil. GG & PS's work created a narrative which suited the manager's master plan.

On a personal level, Chris Wood's penalty save, RdB's goal, Ugho's overhead kick, Nacho & Vignal's strike etc are memories I'll take to the grave. The thing is, I saw some terrible humping too.

We need to keep the foot on their throat. We get no advantage of letting more of them in to our ground. %^*& them. We're not performing seals. If we can keep the status quo for another 3 seasons, half their ground will be empty on OF games, and the only people you will hear, will be the 809 Bears.

FBS

Back