Only Rangers for me

Dazbear

looking through a lot of threads and posts and just in general there seems to be a lot of football fans that love or like a 2nd football team and Each to there own but this is something personally a just can not get, I personally do not and can not get up for a game of football the way I do for the rangers, heart pumping, adrenaline going through the roof.

Would love some story’s on how or why you can?

Growing up in the highlands I wasn’t aware of any Rangers fan supporting an English team. When I first started using FF in 2004 it was a surprise to see so many people with second teams and the like.

Only true way to know if it’s acceptable is to find out who all their ST holders prefer out of us and Celtic. The truth is majority don’t care but seems to be a new thing on here where everyone in Liverpool is a Rangers or Celtic fan also.

I wouldn’t call myself a supporter, but I go to a couple Brentford matches every season and have a few Brentford supporting mates. Because of that I have an affinity for them and want to see them well.
That's more what I had when I liked Spurs. It was more liking them, or preferring them to other clubs.

I like Man City to do well. They are my cousin's team. But offered a deal where they'd win every game in a season or Rangers were guaranteed a goal in every game but not guaranteed to win or even draw... We'd be scoring every week.

Only can support one team. Rangers can’t be shared with another team. Nothing can replace the feelings and emotions of Rangers winning trophies.

looking through a lot of threads and posts and just in general there seems to be a lot of football fans that love or like a 2nd football team and Each to there own but this is something personally a just can not get, I personally do not and can not get up for a game of football the way I do for the rangers, heart pumping, adrenaline going through the roof.

Rangers ,and any team playing the beggars. Tbh don’t even watch English football

I started following Chelsea when Graham Roberts went there in 1988… supported from a distance via Shoot, Match, teletext and Sky Sports for 12yrs and then joined the Chelsea supporters club in Swindon and went to my first game in 1999 - and felt totally underwhelmed!

I went to a few matches at Stamford Bridge over the years and put me up against a wall and I still have something for them but it’s not even close to the support for Rangers.

At the same time, I’ve probably had a liking or a following for half the clubs in England over time given who was playing good football, or who my mates support.

I still follow AC Milan - not as closely as I once did but they were such a good team when I was a kid that I was drawn to them.

Actively support leeds, get down a couple times a year, family thing for me.

Outwith that I have a couple of teams I like to do well but don't watch every week, love going down south for a game.

am trying to do derby fixtures next season , man united v man city - Spurs v Arsenal ect

just to experiance it
Done spurs chelsea and Chelsea arsenal. Was the old white Hart Lane but the atmosphere was amazing.

I personally like Liverpool but it doesn't hurt when they are beaten but hurts like hell when Rangers don't win

Since 2012 no other teams matter!

Personally follow Napoli, Hamburg and Djurgården to varying degrees. However, when they lose, it's an initial dissapointment then within 5 minutes it's forgotten about.

Whenever we get beat? I'm in a lady's front bottom of a mood until the next game. None of the above will ever do that.

Lived down south since 1984. Followed Millwall as a 2nd team since 1990. Great times , good mates made. Plenty I know from all parts of the UK do it , with various teams

Liked Nottingham forest and Liverpool in the late 70,a as a kid because they were always winning European cups and had plenty of Scots in their teams.
But no one since then

People can favour other teams and go to some of their games etc
But you can only support one club in my book

I started following my local team in 2008. It's a different experience from following Rangers. I've been involved with the supporters trust for a number of years, returning after a couple of years break. I've had various roles at the club on matchday. I've generally enjoyed all of them. I've also been active in challenging successive owners on plans to relocate the club. Is there the same intensity of feelings at a Dumbarton v Cove game that there was when Rangers played Eintracht Frankfurt? Of course not. Does that mean that there's no passion in following a lower league team? Absolutely not. The fans who grew up following Dumbarton love their club every bit as much as any Rangers fan loves Rangers. I know folk who follow the Sons home and away, every single game. Proper diehards. Thats the experience I've found with fans of other lower league teams too.

We took 11 buses to the Challenge Cup final at Perth. Big achievement for a small club. Those 11 buses were full of people as passionate and as hopeful as anybody who was in Hampden for the Scottish Cup final. Rangers fans fighting Ashley and the Easedales for the future of the club? There are supporters trusts up and down the country with fans fighting for the future of their club and trying to do things differently.

There's still enjoyment in the lower leagues. Its not as technical. Its not as fact. The tackling can be more "traditional". But there's still entertainment in a 4-4 draw down at Sommerset Park on Christmas Eve a few years ago. Fans will still start the season in July/August with a sense of excitement and expectation. Folk still enjoy the traditions and rituals of following their club home and away. Lower league football is affordable and accessible. You see young kids and families going to games. You see elderly folk. Or disabled people and their carers. People should be able to follow football on a Saturday afternoon as something they experience live and in person. Something they go to and get involved in. Lower league football can offer that and I dread the day where the only real choice is which channel you want to subscribe to in order to watch football. Plenty of folk on here will go to a West of Scotland (ex junior) game if Rangers are playing away for the simple pleasure of spending Saturday afternoon with their mates at a game of football.

And given that I couldn't care less about some of the so called traditions associated with Rangers then it's a nice change following football for the sake of it. Not because of a sense of being a Protestant club, a Unionist club or anything else. I've said before on here that I have no issue at all with folk who are active within their church, who are active within certain fraternal organisation or who are active politically. Folk hold those genuine beliefs? Great. I might not share them, but I'll certainly in most cases respect them. I have an issue with folk who drape themselves with all of that because they think they have to and who do nothing to actually embody those beliefs or participate in them. It's nice just following a football team for the sake of it and seeing a completely different side of football.

I lived in a few places since leaving Scotland and I’ve always gone to watch the local teams York city, Carlisle Utd and now I’ve got a season ticket at Brighton. Don’t lose any sleep if they get beat but I need a football fix on a Saturday

I’m with you I can’t even feign enough interest in another match unlike when I know I’ll be watching Rangers the nerves before the match, the ecstasy when we score, the agony if the opposition do, the rage at the ref decisions and having to listen to cocker and wanker commentating on us with there snidey remarks, and the complete roller coaster of emotions watching us play, exhausted by the end of it. :))

You can't in my experience. I go to a lot of Man City games, have done since early 1990s,also held my own season ticket for Ibrox along with debenture bond and I can honestly say that there is no comparison with being at Ibrox

I follow Valencia and have been to a couple of their games, but its not the same as supporting Rangers.
I also follow a few American sports, and follow the NY Giants, NY Mets and NY Rangers, but nothing compares to the feeling of going to Ibrox, and the feelings you get when Rangers win (or lose for that matter) just dont compare with anything else.

The final whistle at the Leipzig game at Ibrox was one of the most amazing feelings Ive ever had, and none of these other teams, no matter what they achieve, will ever match that

There are other clubs that I like to see winning. In Scotland it's East Fife. One of my old wokmates is an East Fife fanatic and down through the years I've gone to see them quite a few times with him. In England it's Sheffield United. I used to go and watch them many years ago when I was on training couses in Sheffield.

Had a soft spot for Spurs since the days of Hoddle, Waddle and wee Ozzie but thats as far as it goes, don’t watch them play but like to see them win

I am an enormous football fan and watch a host of different games. Huge fan of Serie A. There’s teams I like to watch, but you could put the champions league final, Messi v Ronaldo at their peak, on the same night Rangers were playing Stirling Albion at Ibrox and I’d be at Ibrox.

Simple answer to that one mate,one team and one team only.
Being a Rangers supporter is not a choice,it’s a gift bestowed on us by our parents and their parents before them.
Born a Ranger,die a Ranger,and live a good life loving Rangers in between.

Yeah I'm the same mate. Nothing against people following multiple teams, for me I'd rather invest myself financially and emotionally in one team.

Definitely a footballing neutral to the game away from Rangers, well almost neutral apart from the obvious.

Rangers only , but there us other teams I like to see winning. Love football.

Keep my eye on spurs and Scotland but really it’s only Rangers for me.

Don’t even feel a tenth of the emotion watching any other team than Rangers.

Back