Osijek Overconfidence

sulabear

Hello folks,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I am repeatedly hearing references to Osijek’s overconfidence ahead of tomorrow.

Gerrard referred to the Croatian camp running their mouths in his presser today and was hoping someone could point me towards what they’ve said.

Last week was a masterclass in soaking up an attritional attack for me and I’m riding a nice little wave of optimism ahead of tomorrow.

A first ten minutes like we had at rugby park (more years than I care to think about ago) would be nice. Step up K-Laf :eek::D:eek:

They thrashed hadjuk split 4/1 at the weekend and so now think they are the dogs bollocks .

I prefer to see how the game pans out it will be tough but they are going to look foolish if we manage to put them out.

The difficulty for us is knowing if last week was a good, bad or indifferent performance from them.

We need to be careful tomorrow night and focus on the job in hand we had enough ropey moments last week not to dismiss whatever stance they take on and off the park.

Half time a lot of work to be done.

They thrashed hadjuk split 4/1 at the weekend and so now think they are the dogs bollocks .

I prefer to see how the game pans out it will be tough but they are going to look foolish if we manage to put them out.

They are going to look foolish.

I think we are seeing a lot of this through the filter of the biased Scottish mhedia and their bitter anti-Rangers agenda.

I firmly believe journalists especially the record have been going out of their way and pursuing these stories from Croatia. Same as before the first leg.
The same paper bigging up the chances of Aberdeen and Hibs of going through.
Their agenda is so obvious. Hatred must blind them.

Osijek only had to deal with a containing Rangers side. Looking forward to see us on the offensive and how they cope and us with their counter attack

Trying to get in what they perceive as a fragile mind... They assume we are so scarred from progres and our last two league campaigns that words are enough to set us off. What they don't realise is that after all we've been through that words mean fuk all... It's actions that matter and the fact of the matter is we won 1-0 in their back yard.... It's them not us on the brink of exit. No surrender rangers.

Given the Scottish press you never actually know if these things are true or not. Sounds like 'lets all hate Rangers' which is a familiar tune to what passes for journalists in the tabloids.

I am prepared to give the Croats the benefit of the doubt on this one. Mind you we will still be the team going through.

Hello folks,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I am repeatedly hearing references to Osijek’s overconfidence ahead of tomorrow.

Gerrard referred to the Croatian camp running their mouths in his presser today and was hoping someone could point me towards what they’ve said.

Last week was a masterclass in soaking up an attritional attack for me and I’m riding a nice little wave of optimism ahead of tomorrow.

The papers are trumpeting that one of their midfielders called Gerrard a "tiny man". That does seem very insulting, but I suspect it's been spun by the Scottish media (no surprise there) because what he really seems to have said is more along the lines of "I was keen to see Steven Gerrard in real life, and I was surprised at how small he was. Maybe it was because he was wearing such a slim-fitting suit". And - who knows - maybe he meant to say "slim" instead of "small" or "tiny".

No,matter waht they say they are a good team, as long as we are not overconfident and make sure we keep it tight to start we should be fine. Pretty sure SG isn’t sad enough to fall for these silly mind games

They genuinely believe that they can win. I was chatting with a Osiejk supporter tonight at the team hotel and they think that we were very lucky to win.

On a side note they did say that Ibrox was beautiful and they were mighty impressed with the Trophy room.

I think we are seeing a lot of this through the filter of the biased Scottish mhedia and their bitter anti-Rangers agenda.

Bears who fund these pricks should look at alternatives for club news. Especially nowadays when most folk have smart phones.

A guy I work beside is always sat with his head burried in the back pages of the record. He's a bear and the most negative cúnt I've ever met. I avoid talking to him about our club.

Gamesmanship. Trying to put fear and doubt in our players minds. Gerrard will have our players sorted and tell them exactly what is happening. He’ll tell them that they are better players and to go out and prove that point.

We are approaching it with far more trepidation than confidence. They finished 4th in the Croatian league. Let's see how well they do Infront of 50,000

Their arse will collapse. If we can't beat this mob we may as well forget about it

They have to be given respect for what they did to PSV last season but that in itself could have been a complete one off (much like ourselves last year).

I think the atmosphere of a full house will see the keeper shite it - as we’ve seen many times against Eastern European sides. I’m quite confident that SG has hammered home that he wants us to steamroller them in the first 20.

I reckon there's an extra bit of edge with this one because it's a Croatian team and the national side knocked England out of the World Cup.
Deep-down Gerrard will want to annihilate them.
It will be a tough game, but I think we will sneak through.

Their manager and shitey wee clubs comments will do nothing but fire SG up and by %^*& he will have the team raring to go tomorrow. The gaffer has enough class and savvy to not be dragged into a slagging match instead will do the talking on the park. What their manager knows about football SG could write on the back of a postage stamp. LETS GO!!!!

They have to be given respect for what they did to PSV last season but that in itself could have been a complete one off (much like ourselves last year).

I think the atmosphere of a full house will see the keeper have the game of his life - as we’ve seen many times against Eastern European sides. I’m quite confident that SG has hammered home that he wants us to steamroller them in the first 20.

There fixed that for you

Countless times I've seen this over the years loyal

A good solid performance should see us through. I’m hoping we don’t go too gung-ho with this mob as I think it could be our undoing. A bit more offensive than the first game but keep it tight

It’s always a bonus when the opposition talk about what they’re going to do to us.

More incentive for us to go out and put them in their place.

I think we will be very professional tonight regardless of the result. Hoping we get an early goal then sit in and hit them on a the break all night. With the Ibrox crowd and familiar environment I would hope we pick our passes better on the break this week as the tie could be over if we had executed properly in the last 15 minutes last week.

If they turn up and outplay us to a win it won’t be because we set up wrong or played out hand wrongly in my opinion.

Players need to go out tonight and make it happen from the off.

Get into the next stage. Anyway we can.

Yes it would be nice to thrash them but they are a good team so we also need to be cautious and wary of their threats.

They can say what they like, a solid professional performance from us and we will have done enough.

This is an early chance for this Rangers squad to demonstrate that it is in a different place mentally from last season and has the mettle to deal with a big pressure game.

The manger, coaching staff & players all “look” ready for this and are saying the right things - they need to demonstrate that it is real today.

How good we have been in the three European ties so far has very much gone under the radar, especially in the context of where we are in pre-season.

I think the atmosphere of a full house will see the keeper shite it - as we’ve seen many times against Eastern European sides. I’m quite confident that SG has hammered home that he wants us to steamroller them in the first 20.

Ah. The old " foreign keepers are crap" nonsense. Usually portayed by the ejjits in the media.

Let's just keep it air tight at the back. Eventually cracks will appear in their defence as they chase a goal.

I think we are looking far too much into that result.

PSV had an off day, check the rest of Osijek’s results that year - nothing to be scared of.

The press will make more of this than there actually was. They are dying and need anything to hook readers on line or via buying their rags. As SG stated, it's not down to the other team to motivate us. He is the man to do that and prepare us and I don't think he needs much help there. In my opinion the press will try and do a far better job on him when we come to the Celtic game and will twist everything he says like the cunts they are.

Irrelevant team with big dreams. A joke calling Stevie G a "tiny man" and we were "lucky to beat them".
They can say what they like, these things have a habit of backfiring, I have no idea why players continue to spout nonstop the media before the game is played, it serves no purpose other than to fire up the opposition

Back