Our best line up going forward

RFC97

We tinker too often and some of these players don’t have the mentality or don’t have the ability.

All the top teams have a clear first choice.

What’s ours.

I would like to see the following given a proper run of games:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barasic

Mcrorie Rossiter

Arfield
Kent Grezda
Morelos

*Middleton out for Grezda is a possibility

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katuc
Barisic

McCrorie
Rossiter

Candieas
Arfield
Kent

Morelos

Is McCrorie the new Alan Gow who gets better by each week he is out?

Not claiming he is a world beater. What we have seen is that he is aggressive and has some steel. This is sorely lacking from the water carriers we have in there at the moment. He needs a chance.

Lets face it our best line up is only our best line up until January by which time wholesale changes are required once again

but

I do believe that in McGregor, Katic, Goldson, Arfield and Morelos there is a half decent spine if the manager chooses to use it / also if he can keep them on the field without getting suspended

No excuses for not playing your best players week in week out

Supplement the above 5 with 3 quality players in January and we'll be fine

Over to you Dave King

Lets face it our best line up is only our best line up until January by which time wholesale changes are required once again

but

I do believe that in McGregor, Katic, Goldson, Arfield and Morelos there is a half decent spine if the manager chooses to use it / also if he can keep them on the field without getting suspended

No excuses for not playing your best players week in week out

Supplement the above 5 with 3 quality players in January and we'll be fine

Over to you Dave King
I highly doubt we will be getting in three major signings in January

Out of what we have currently:

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Jack
Rossiter
Arfield
Grezda
Kent
Morelos

Not claiming he is a world beater. What we have seen is that he is aggressive and has some steel. This is sorely lacking from the water carriers we have in there at the moment. He needs a chance.

You need steel to play football and create??? From what I’m seeing our biggest issue is creating, not having steel

Last edited:
Starters -
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Arfield Jack Kent
Candeias Morelos Grezda

Bench -
Foderingham
McAuley
Halliday
McCrorie
Rossiter
Middleton
Lafferty

I would look at 3-5-2 again.

McGregor
Goldson MacAuley Katic
Tav Barasic
Jack Arfield
Kent
Morelos Lafferty
Not a bad shout.
Easy tweaked with a more defensive player in midfield if needed against the filth and Europe. Be becoming 5,3,2 or 5,4,1 at times.
Would want better than Lafferty in our best 11 though.

Not a bad shout.
Easy tweaked with a more defensive player in midfield if needed against the filth and Europe. Be becoming 5,3,2 or 5,4,1 at times.
Would want better than Lafferty in our best 11 though.

Exactly the thought.

Tav and Barasic are forward thinking players, too many times we close down space having the wide men up front. We also need 2 up front from the amount of crosses we put in

We dont have steel tho, we are piss poor at the back. Look at the last 2 goals we have conceded fucking diabolical defending.

That’s not steel, that’s just poor defending.....there is a difference.

And are you saying McCrorie is a better defender than Goldson et al??? If so, just look back to last season against the filth

That’s not steel, that’s just poor defending.....there is a difference.

And are you saying McCrorie is a better defender than Goldson et al??? If so, just look back to last season against the filth
Never mentioned big Ross or his abilty. We dont have steel we let teams like Aberdeen, Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston get into us and under our skin away from home, teams with "steel" do not allow this.
Good steely defending ensures we dont concede in pathetic defensive lapses and put ourselves under immense pressure.
We have had 4 clean sheets in the league so far, if you think thats a team full of steel then id hate to see your definition of steel.
I never mentioned big Ross, but one thing he is, is Rangers till he dies and i think its a disgrace the way hes been kept in the shadows while imposters like ejaria, cool billy and worral get in ahead of him.
Just my opinion.

4-3-3 with a CAM no a CDM - (for certain games switch to CDM with Kent dropped for Jack and Jack falling into the CDM)

Might sound a bit mad but I think we need an attacking player in there rather than another defensive minded player - think the last 2 results would back that up.

McGregor
Arfield Rossiter
Kent
Candeias Morelos Grezda

4-3-3 with a CAM no a CDM - (for certain games switch to CDM with Kent dropped for Jack and Jack falling into the CDM)

Might sound a bit mad but I think we need an attacking player in there rather than another defensive minded player - think the last 2 results would back that up.

McGregor
Arfield Rossiter
Kent
Candeias Morelos Grezda

In this league with teams sitting in we only need one CDM- so not mad sounding to me.

In this league with teams sitting in we only need one CDM- so not mad sounding to me.
Just think we would benefit more with the body infront of the midfield moving around and linking up with the front 3 rather than rooted behind it infront of a defence that has a quiet afternoon most weeks :)

Back