Our complete lack of effort today was shocking.

Fergie90

Lost count how many times they just ran off us today.

How many times did any of our players actually sprint at full pelt?

How many tackles did we actually put in today?

The chance where Kyogo missed from about 6 yards they had the ball for about 2 minutes and not one player even put a tackle in.

We did that thing of sort of closing down but having no intention at all of actually winning the ball.

Absolutely inexcusable in such a big game.

Last edited:
Noticed a couple of our players ambling back when they were attacking, Laurence and Silva to name but two.

Thought the tackling was OK but agree that we seemed reluctant to close them down quickly but I assume this was some sort of tactical instruction.

Hard to give proper assessment due to Lundstram's sending off but overall was very disappointing performance.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it isnt really a surprise, thats what these players do. Clement will have to learn this quickly and get rid because if he doesnt they will get rid of him.
We were so passive.

We played today like the league was over before the game.

Tav getting thrown off the ball by Maeda after a few minutes just summed it up. Bullied by a wee guy.

Last edited:
Noticed a couple of our players ambling back when they were attacking Laurence and Silva to name but two.

Thought the tackling was OK but agree that we seemed reluctant to close them down quickly but I assume this was some sort of tactical instruction.

Hard to give proper assessment due to Lundstram's sending off but overall was very disappointing performance.
There was a point at 0-0 that Tav lost the ball up the park and literally jogged back and then put his hand up at the same time Lundstram is watching O'Reilly at the edge of the box. Same thing happens not long after and he scores.

We were so passive.

We player today like the league was over before the game.

Tav getting thrown off the ball by Maeda after a few minutes just summed it up. Bullied by a wee guy.
They are shit scared when they go there, its so clear to see and it cant continue. They are bang average and once again we make them look like real Madrid. Every bit of scar tissue in that squad has to go or we will be in the same spot this time next year.

They had at least 10 shots at goal with absolute zero Rangers players anywhere near them.

Tav is shit scared of Odd Job.

Borna is fucking honking but all nae neck had to do was run 1 way and cut inside and he’d dusted Borna.

Embarrassing. Thankfully the diver passed the penalty into Butland or it would’ve been 5.

I don't think lack of fight was our problem at all today.

Tav being unable to defend, lundstram selling the shirt and a severe lack of quality in the final 3rd cost us.
How many times did we pressure them or win the ball back?

Stop an attack by actually tackling?

We stood back and watched them do what they wanted and that's not quality it's desire.

To many don't give a sh*t, get the cash and to work in the lap of luxury at the training ground, it's just another game to them.
Absolutely scunnered with them!

The chance were Kyogo missed from about 6 yards they had the ball for about 2 minutes and not one player even put a tackle in.

We did that thing of sorting of closing down but having no intention at all of actually winning the ball.

Spot on with all of this. Just prior to Lundstram's meltdown, I was saying that he didn't look up for it at all. He wasn't the only one, but he obviously just stands out today.

The second half was laughable. They were strolling about like it was a pre-season game and we never laid a glove on them. I appreciate we are down to 10 but, even when we did get the ball back there was very little movement and just not enough belief.

How many times did we pressure them or win the ball back?

Stop an attack by actually tackling?
I don't have the exact stats, but plenty to both is the answer.

Made even harder with the fact we were down to 10 for, what, an hour?

I don't have the exact stats, but plenty to both is the answer.

Made even harder with the fact we were down to 10 for, what, an hour?
We closed them down so much they had 11 shots before the red card and 7 were from the edge of the box.

They walked through us again today.

Which players gave everything and played well that first half with 11 men? None of them.

The chance were Kyogo missed from about 6 yards they had the ball for about 2 minutes and not one player even put a tackle in.

We did that thing of sorting of closing down but having no intention at all of actually winning the ball.

Celtic work harder and want it more

100% lack of effort from some very few pressing hard letting them know their actually in a title race end of season game I don’t want to single them out but it’s very easy to see who’s trying

Spot on with all of this. Just prior to Lundstram's meltdown, I was saying that he didn't look up for it at all. He wasn't the only one, but he obviously just stands out today.

The second half was laughable. They were strolling about like it was a pre-season game and we never laid a glove on them. I appreciate we are down to 10 but, even when we did get the ball back there was very little movement and just not enough belief.
And it isn't about quality even though we are lacking.

Poor players can still work and hassle players and win fouls etc

Long ok at Maeda he is absolutely terrible but he causes us all sorts of problems with his energy and desire.

Scandalous that we can't say our players were right up it and just weren't good enough. That wasn't the case at all.

I think the lack of effort only came from one man today and that was Tom Lawrence

The knock on effect that has on the whole team is massive

He doesn't work back enough and it drags Dio and Lundstram across the park having to cover more area

The red card is actually a consequence of this. Yes Lundstram is rash but he is trying to cover the work of more than 1 man

The quality of the 11 on the park is the main issue

A lot of people think it's bottle or effort, but the fact is we are just not that good

Massive red flag on clement after today. Poor selection from the off, the players looked unmotivated, poor substitution at HT. additionally he failed to even attempt to address their dominance in middle of park.

The leaders on the pitch were just as shocking, with the usual suspects completely bottling it again (Tav Lundstram most notably).

So much is wrong at the club. The players are mentally weak and accept second best. The tactics were poor and questions over clement. The medical department is like a bad comedy. The recruitment is abysmal. The training appears poor as the players looked sluggish and lacking in sharpness. Top to bottom a total f’ing embarrassment.

I’d hoped PC may be the man to address it - after today I have lost all confidence in him.

Our board chased Gerrard away who knew how to treat them , we haven't replaced him .
No suprise at all today

Back